26th June 2015, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do diploma twice in different specialization?

Dear Friends, I had Completed Diploma in Mechanical Engg but now I want a Diploma in Civil Engg for my father's Govt Job who had expired.Can any one tell me there is Possiblity of doing Double Diploma??

27th June 2015, 02:54 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do diploma twice in different specialization?

Yes, you can go for Diploma in Civil Engg as well, there is no harm in it. But after having done your Diploma in Civil Engg, you will probably have to proceed in that field itself and cannot revert back or move to a different specialization field.
27th June 2015, 03:01 PM
mwh

Yes,you can do diploma course again with different specialization.But you have to give diploma entrance exam again and you should qualify in it.
In counselling opt the required branch.don't worry,try to qualify in entrance.
27th June 2015, 04:18 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes it is possible but you must appear for the Polytechnic Entrance Examination again before you can seek admission in any college.
Double Diploma can be done and there is no problem if you are doing your Diploma in another field.
This will lead to you losing almost 3 years but if you want to carry on with it then you can do so all you need to do is crack the Polytechnic Entrance Examination again and you will be eligible for admission.
27th June 2015, 10:24 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes you can do diploma in another trade. But here you need to take admission on the behalf of either 10th standard or 12th standard.If you completed your 12th standard then take admission on the behalf of it because after 12th standard diploma course duration is of 2 years. If it is confirm that you will get your father's job then you will definitely go for it. So, prepare yourself for entrance exam.
29th June 2015, 10:17 PM
kunalroy89

It is possible but you have to start from the beginning once again. Usually,diploma in two streams is wastage of time and resources.
But as you want that job,you need to do it.
As you are aware of the procedure already, so it might be easier for you.
One thing you must check if the concerned office will give you a job after 3years surely.Otherwise this backward step would ruin your career.
Also check if they can provide you a job after B.Tech mechanical as that would also take 3more years after lateral entry through diploma and your qualification would also increase.
16th August 2015, 01:07 AM
DSP@1

Yes it is possible to do diploma twice in two different streams.

but you cannot get seat in the college through any entrance test.

As you have crossed 21 years you cannot do it as regular student.You have to join the college directly by paying the college fee.

Now you can do your diploma course in your desired stream again.

Actually it is waste of time but depending on your circumstances it will be the right choice for you.
30th April 2023, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

: Is it possible to do diploma twice in same streams lateral enrty and 3year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?