18th February 2018, 10:28 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get a seat for BA after completing diploma EC engineering?

I want to do BA and I completed diploma in E&C it is possible or not? Can you please guide me with the needed information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back with the needed details. Awaiting for the quick response. Thank you!

25th February 2018, 12:27 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get a seat for BA after completing diploma EC engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do BA and I completed diploma in E&C it is possible or not? Can you please guide me with the needed information on the same? It will be really helpful if you can answer me back with the needed details. Awaiting for the quick response. Thank you!

Yes, it is possible to do a BA after completion of diploma in electronics and communication engineering. It is not recommended to study BA after completion of diploma in electronics and communication engineering course. Candidates can study BE or BTech or AMIE in electronics and communication engineering course after completion of diploma in EC engineering. Candidates can study the BA course in various open universities like IGNOU after completion of diploma in EC engineering. Candidates can study the BA in the following universities:

IGNOU - Official Website

Annamalai University - Official Website
25th February 2018, 01:22 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get a seat for BA after completing diploma EC engineering?

Yes, definitely after completing your diploma course you can take admission in degree course that is Bachelor of Arts and there is no such criteria that you have to appear in an entrance exam because you can pursue this course from any Degree College. Admission is generally given on the basis of marks secured in your 12th standard or diploma course on the merit basis.
25th February 2018, 09:02 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to get a seat for pursuing BA course after completion of your Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering course. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing BA course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination in any stream from a Government recognised board. Admissions in BA course are done through merit basis of 12th standard board examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university.
25th February 2018, 11:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Of course Yes. You are certainly eligible to pursue Bachelor of Arts (BA) course after successful completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering course.

In general, the minimum educational qualification required to pursue BA course is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern or its equivalent educational qualification. As you are done with Diploma in Electronics Engineering, there is no doubt about your eligibility criteria.

But, doing BA after Diploma in EC Engineering is actually a time wasting process as this eats 3 years of your valuable career after Diploma. Instead, if you spend the same 3 years in pursuing B.E/ B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering after diploma then it would be a best option for you in finding better job as well as career opportunities.

Anyways, with Diploma qualification you are certainly eligible to do BA degree and final choice is yours whether going for BA/ B.Tech course.
15th March 2018, 03:49 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

If you want to do BA you should have passed 12th from any recognized university. only after diploma you will not be able to appear for bachelor in arts.

But if you have done diploma then why don't you do B.tech , it will be more better than BA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?