12th May 2019, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Should I start GATE preparation now being a BTech 4th semester student?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying in BTech. I have completed my 3rd semester and now I am studying in my 4th semester. I want to apply for GATE for getting admission in MTech course. So, should I starts preparation from now onwards?

16th May 2019, 03:48 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I start GATE preparation now being a BTech 4th semester student?

Yes, you can start your GATE examination preparation from now being a B.Tech 4th semester student. Candidates who have passed B.Tech course or pursuing final year of B.Tech course are eligible to apply for GATE examination. If you start preparing for GATE examination from now, you will be enough good with concepts and you can easily crack the GATE examination.
16th May 2019, 06:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I start GATE preparation now being a BTech 4th semester student?

If you are looking to pursue M.Tech then surely you should concentrate on it along with your studies. GATE is the best option for those who want to study M.Tech on scholarship as well as for PSU jobs. Hence, make sure you allot some time for your GATE preparation.

Most of the students start it from first year onwards because most of the questions are asked from the engineering syllabus. You shouldn't wait for it if your main aim is GATE.
17th May 2019, 01:09 PM
Parvathi90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam, I am studying in BTech. I have completed my 3rd semester and now I am studying in my 4th semester. I want to apply for GATE for getting admission in MTech course. So, should I starts preparation from now onwards?

Most of the aspirants start the preparation for the GATE entrance examination from the 6th semester of the Bachelor of Technology (BTech) course. Therefore, you can start the GATE preparation from 6th semester. There are various materials, books, videos, etc. available for the GATE preparation. You can make use of them to prepare for the GATE. You can also join the GATE coaching class for the GATE preparation. You can get help from your college Lecturers or from senior students (who have cleared GATE) for the GATE preparation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?