18th February 2011, 11:29 PM
rishabh nayak

Is 4th Semester B.E the right time to join coaching for GATE preparation?

hello,
i am in 4th sem BE electrical...and i want to ask that...Is 4th sem the right time to join coaching for the preparation of GATE or i should join coaching later...plzzz help me out.........

19th February 2011, 03:21 AM
kapil2503

Thumbs up Re: Is 4th Semester B.E the right time to join coaching for GATE preparation?

4th or 5th sem are the best time for starting preparation for any competitive exam. so, you are join the coaching in 4th sem otherwise in 5th sem is also best time.

best of luck(:
19th February 2011, 03:53 AM
smruti prasad das

Default Re: Is 4th Semester B.E the right time to join coaching for GATE preparation?

no it is not the suitable time to join in coaching for gate in these sems u must concentrate in ur study and try to thorough in your subjects bcoz if u r not thorough in ur subject u might be face many difficulties during ur gate preparation .u can join only after completion of ur 6th sem or at the beginning of ur 7th sem.
19th February 2011, 07:05 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is 4th Semester B.E the right time to join coaching for GATE preparation?

Since you are pursuing the fourth semester you are still in the second year. There is no harm in you preparing for the exam. But it will be too early to join for coaching. First of all no coaching center provides training for 2 years. Also you are yet to cover some important areas which are needed to clear the exam. You can purchase books and try preparing now and join for training after an year.
19th February 2011, 09:30 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,
I am student of B.Tech 3rd year student. in my opinion it is a right time to join coaching for GATE exam.
I 3rd year you are eligible for GATE entrance exam.GATE is top level exam .it is a best way to complete your master degree (M.Tech) in technical.if you gate IIT college by GATE exam it will be a huse oppertunity and you don't miss it.
For gate exam i advise you that any topic you prepare for GATE prepare him deeply.
I hope you can get success in GATE.
19th February 2011, 10:16 AM
goldin

you can join during third year( 5th semester). then only you can cover the syllabus.
19th February 2011, 11:02 AM
omprakash sharma

Hi,
I am B.Tech 3rd year student.4th semester is the right time to join coaching for GATE.in 3rd you are eligible for GATE exam.
Till 4th semester you know the basic of question.to get success in GATE it is necessary to study deeply every topic you prepare for exam.it is not eocmpulsary to study every topic of the syllabus of GATE you chose selected topic and study them deeply.
19th February 2011, 12:55 PM
ankurloonia

its better to join coaching in 6th sem...at that time u will be through with ur b.tech syllabus, on the another side preparation at this time may hinder ur current b.tech performance... so its better to concentrate on ur regular b.tech lectures and gain deep knowledge in the topics which are essential for GATE...
19th February 2011, 04:51 PM
sonalgoel1

hello

syllabus for gate paper is all those subjects which you will study in all the four years. So better wait for now and study only the subjects carefully. Yes you can take the coaching later in the six months training time as it will be easy for you to cover all the subjects because till then you would be aware of all the subjects and will have time also. And moreover you may give the exam in the fourth year.

otherwise self study and practicing previous year papers would suffice for the preparation.

also practice general aptitude questions as they are being asked in the paper.

good luck
19th February 2011, 06:08 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Is 4th Semester B.E the right time to join coaching for GATE preparation?

If you are Really Interested for Further Study And Interested to appear for GATE examinations, Then Yes, You can Join Some good Coaching Center of GATE exams. So, that at the time of Exams, you dont face problem.

GATE examination Required Lots of Practice and Hard work, So if you are prepared for GATE exams In Advance from Your 4th Semester, then you will be able to get sucess in GATE exams.

So, dont be confuse, If you are interested to apply for GATE exams, then please join some Good GATE coaching Center. So that you will ab able to Clear The GATE exams with good marks.

So just Start The perperation for GATE exams From Now. So that you will be able to Crack the GATE exams.The GATE exams Not easy, It requires Lots of Practice, So if you prepare for this exams Now, Only then you will Crack this exams. So, just Join good coaching classes And prepare for GATE exams from Today. Please dont waste your Time, Start perperatipn form Now, if you want to get admission in Good Colleges.
19th February 2011, 06:22 PM
DILIP76

First of all u have prepare for sem exams after that its better to concentrate on gate because 4th sem is to get good aggregate after that u have ability to manage timetable so that it is better to join in 5th or 6th sem this is how my idea.
19th February 2011, 06:31 PM
vikas9862638964

yes if u are surely want to do m.tech from good institute ..or if u want only qualify then its very early...for good college u should focus on urf current semeter or on upcoming semester 5th or some part of 6th sem .
19th February 2011, 06:47 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
the major syllabus in the gate exam is from the third year,
so its always better to join the coaching after the completion of the third year
because after the completion of the third year you will be able to understand the subjects and the things thought in the coaching in an more better way,
you should concentrate now on the university exams and try to make your basics good and get an good percentage in your graduation
also give the gate exam in your third year to have the first hand experience of the exam,
also some of the best coaching institutes are
ace academy
brilliant tutorials
vishu gate coaching academy
dronacharya academy
19th February 2011, 06:53 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

"A stitch in time saves nine".Similarly its a very good decision by you that you are going to start your GATE preparation from now.But there is also a possibility for you that due to this you will be overburdened & may be lacks your B.E study.So make a balance betwwen the two as your coming semesters will also count your B.E percentage.So if joining coaching centre takes more time then you can start your self study otherwise Choose a good institute near to your HOME.
19th February 2011, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabh nayak View Post
hello,
i am in 4th sem BE electrical...and i want to ask that...Is 4th sem the right time to join coaching for the preparation of GATE or i should join coaching later...plzzz help me out.........
Ya it can be use full for you

But GATE syllabus will contain your department papers from 3rd-7th

so if you studied that it will be useful for you

All the best
19th February 2011, 07:59 PM
Amed2010

Yes ,you can.
If you have enough potential to chalange yourself you must sit for the exam in 3rd year.
As the gate score is valid for two years you can use this score to do m.tech after your b.tech.
And if you dont score a good in the 3rd year you can sit in the next year with one year experience. And do the best in this time removing the mistake of the previous year.
So, starting preparation from semester is i think quite best.
19th February 2011, 09:27 PM
nitingoplani88

Gate is not so tough but its good and will be easy for you if you join gate coaching in from 4th semester...because it gives you sufficient time to solve all questions and read all the topics.
so best of luck !!
19th February 2011, 09:28 PM
nitingoplani88

Gate is not so tough but its good and will be easy for you if you join gate coaching in from 4th semester...because it gives you sufficient time to solve all questions and read all the topics.
so best of luck !!
19th February 2011, 09:32 PM
divaykhosla

yes it is the right time
19th February 2011, 10:24 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

if u are that much interest to get qualify in gate exam.u should have start preparing from day college start now it u will not have that much pressure. it is not all late now........... one thing i can say every subject in engineer subjects are not included in gate exam.so please keep more concentration on particular subject which are in included for entrance exam for gate........from my side better to start going to take coaching from 6th sem.............it will be giving more interest than before,because in 4th sem there will be a lot of subjects and labs to cover,i will not be that much comfort to continue daily,whereas in 6th u will have less and some burden will be less so u can concentrate on your goal.............all the best for ur career
19th February 2011, 10:32 PM
disha marwaha
Junior Member+

as eligibilty for gate is in b.tech 4 year or complete or other high degree.so you shoulkd join coaching in 6 semester
19th February 2011, 11:34 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

ya the 4th semester is the right time to start the coaching for the GATE examination .....
it even depends on you if you have the well basic knowledge of the subject then you can start the coaching from the 5 or the 6 th semester even .......
19th February 2011, 11:52 PM
mathur

After completing second year you can join institute for GATE exam preparation.
As there are many topics which you will study in third year and also in institute where you are preparing for GATE exam.
So its beneficial to join after completing 4th semester.
20th February 2011, 12:11 AM
JIGNESH RAVAL

Quote:
hello,
Yes, You can Join Some good Coaching Center of GATE exams. So, that at the time of Exams, you dont face problem.

GATE examination Required Lots of Practice and Hard work, So if you are prepared for GATE exams In Advance from Your 4th Semester, then you will be able to get success in GATE exams.

If you want to prepare for GATE Entrance exams, then i will suggest you just purchase the best books of GATE exams like "GATE published by G.K. Publication " and try to cover the complete syllabus from this book.

but for a good MARKS, do not read only this book ..
You have to read other book which is in syllabus of your GATE..

In GATE exams, you will find completely objective type questions., So please prepare for this exams very well and if you face problem to study this exam, then please prepare for this exams in group.

If you have prepare for this exams in group, then your syllabus will cover fastly. So try to complete your syllabus on time, only then you will get success in GATE examination.

So, dont be confuse, If you are interested to apply for GATE exams, then please join some Good GATE coaching Center. So that you will be able to Clear The GATE exams with good marks.

If you want to prepare for GATE Entrance exams, then i will suggest you just purchase the best books of GATE exams from the book stores and try to cover the complete syllabus from the books.

The only best suggestion from me for doing well in GATE is..
Acquire as much as subject you can & practice it to your best.

If you are in 4th year now,its little bit late for your preparation but still i can say that you can do it.

prepare well the basics and fundas of the theory and the application part.

from 2011 , GATE certificate is valid for 2 years . So , you can give exam in 3 rd year..and after that also in 4th year..
20th February 2011, 12:32 AM
mayankmadhur1403

If you are interested in doing your higher studies from good colleges like iisc banglore and the iits, then you definitely should join the coaching as earlier it is possible, but if you only need to qualify this exam, then coaching is not required. self study is enough for that.
20th February 2011, 12:54 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
hello,
Hi,

GATE is an entrance exam conducted by IIT's of India.
The 3rd year students and final year students of engineering can apply GATE exam.
If you are really interested in higher studies, then This is the right time for you. As you can do coaching for a year and give the exam...
So make up your mind and do it!!!

Thanks
20th February 2011, 09:07 AM
SupritShestha

Quote:
hello,
Since you are in the 4th sem, I would say it is right time for you to go for coaching.
Pre-final year and final year students can appear the GATE. If you are taking from coaching fro now onwards, you will be strong in your basics and technically strong, it will be easy for you to crack.
If you want to appear in final year, then i suggest you to wait for another year, that will give you better platform.

Thank you..
20th February 2011, 04:58 PM
denzly

dear friend,
one can start preparing for GATE from the start of the B.E course.but still Fourth sem is not too late.so work hard .
19th February 2012, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

when to start coaching classes to crack defence services entrance exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?