15th May 2015, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

How can I start preparation for GRE being a B.E.(EIE) 4th semester student? Eligibility criteria, syllabus and question pattern of GRE?

Hello,
I am doing B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering in 4th semester now. Can I start doing preparation for GRE? How I will start ? What is the syllabus for GRE? What is the question pattern? And also tell me about the eligibility criteria.

18th May 2015, 09:35 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I start preparation for GRE being a B.E.(EIE) 4th semester student? Eligibility criteria, syllabus and question pattern of GRE?

You can start your GRE preparation, when you are in the third year of B.Tech, So, that you can complete your GRE exam by the end of your third year and you can apply for universities in your fourth year. If you are good at English and Mathematics, you can start preparing yourself by getting some GRE materials. If you are not good at English and Mathematics, then it is better to join in any good GRE coaching center. And there is no particular syllabus for GRE exam, because it is entirely based on General English and Mathematics, which we have in your 6th to 10th standard.

Eligibility Criteria:-
There is no specific eligibility criteria to appear for GRE exam. So, any candidate who wish to pursue his/her higher studies can appear for GRE exam just by booking a slot through online by visiting following link.
http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/register

GRE Exam Pattern:-
The GRE exam is conducted in three sections

Section I:-
1) Verbal Reasoning
i) Reading Comprehension
ii) Text Completion
iii) Sentence Equivalence

Section II:-
1) Quantitative Reasoning

Section III:-
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
i) Issue-Task essay
ii )Argument-Task essays
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?