12th April 2016, 03:25 AM
Unregistered

Can I become a co-applicant against an Education Loan for my brother's education?

Hi,
I wish to take an education loan for my brother worth Rs. 6.5 Lacs for a period of 5 years. I am a salaried individual with a net monthly salary of Rs. 30000 and my age is 27 years and my qualification is an MBA. My Father is a Businessman with an Annual income of Rs. 3 Lacs. Can I as a sibling be a co-applicant for this education Loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What kind of features are available in an Education Loan scheme to study Post Graduation in Abroad? Is it possible to pay education loan amount after completion of education?
  3. Can I get an Education Loan again to study M.E. if completed B.E. with an Education Loan?
  4. Detailed information about Education Loan Consolidation for PGDM aspirant?
  5. Detailed information about Education Loan Consolidation for PGDM aspirant?
  6. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  7. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  8. Can i get education loan even after failing in Ist semester?
  9. How should i approach for education loan being from a poor family background?
  10. Is it possible to get the education loan if I am from a poor family? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How can i get education loan for doing MA in Education stream?
  12. How can I apply for an Education Loan to study Diploma Engineering course? Benefits of applying for an education loan at SBI?
  13. Education loan for BAMS course? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I repay Education Loan if get job in UK after completing MS?
  15. HM Institutes are not recognised for education loan?
  16. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  17. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  18. Eligibility to get an Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs to study MBA in UK? -- [Most Discussed]
15th April 2016, 05:49 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a co-applicant against an Education Loan for my brother's education?

Yes, you can become as a co-applicant for an education loan.

To avail an education loan the candidate must have secured admission in any of the recognized course.

The banks demand collateral security equal to the education loan amount for loan amount above 4 lacs. For an education loan amount of Rs.6.5 lacs the candidate has to keep collateral security equal to the loan amount and a third person guarantee.

The candidates brother can acts as a third person guarantee and can also acts as a co-applicant.
15th April 2016, 11:40 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a co-applicant against an Education Loan for my brother's education?

Yes, you can become a co-applicant against an Education loan for your brother's education loan. Since, you are working and earning a salary of Rs.30000 per month, you can use your salary slips for getting the education loan for your brother. You must have to submit 6 months salary slips and you must have to sign as a Co-applicant to get an Education loan for your brother studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?