22nd March 2015, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

How can I get scholarship to study M.Sc in Canada being a B.Tech(EEE) student of Amity University?

Friends,
I am a B.Tech(EEE) student of Amity University.
Kindly tell me how can I get scholarship
for doing M.Sc program in Canada.
Thank you and regards-

4th April 2023, 03:49 AM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: How can I get scholarship to study M.Sc in Canada being a B.Tech(EEE) student of Amity University?

Here are some tips to receive scholarships for pursuing MSc in Canada as an engineering graduate:

Check eligibility for Canadian scholarships and work permits: Make sure you meet the minimum academic qualifications, language proficiency scores, etc. to be eligible for studying in Canada. You will also need a valid study permit to legally pursue higher studies in Canada.

Research scholarship options available for international students. Some options include:

Government of Canada scholarships: Offered by Canadian government agencies like SSHRC, NSERC, etc. based on merit and field of study. Amount upto $50,000 per year.

University scholarships: Most Canadian universities offer scholarships for international master's students. These could be merit-based or specific to your program/department. Amount varies from partial to full tuition waiver.

Private scholarships: Provided by organizations, foundations, communities, employers, etc. Based on various criteria like academic excellence, financial need, diversity, subject expertise, etc. Check with scholarship providers in Canada as well as in India.

Prepare strong scholarship applications highlighting your strengths: Submit applications before the deadlines, with excellent statements of purpose, reference letters, transcripts, resume, etc. Application fees may apply for some scholarships.

Consider less competitive programs or less popular schools: While top universities are dreamy, scholarships are more easily available for niche programs or lesser-known schools. You can transfer to better schools later based on your performance.

Apply for teaching or research assistantship positions: Some scholarships come in the form of assistantships where you work to gain experience while also receiving funding support. Build expertise in areas of interest.

Look into student loans, teaching assistantships and part-time work to finance your studies. Apply for as much scholarship aid as possible to reduce reliance on other options. But keep them as backup plans in case you do not receive enough scholarships.

Connect with Indian alumni from Canada universities for mentorship: They can guide you through admissions, scholarships and help you navigate life as an international student in Canada. Learn from their valuable experience.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?