14th May 2015, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

How much scholarship is awarded if selected in JRF being a M.Pharma postgraduate?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I am a student of Pharmacy and
completed M.Pharma recently.
If I got selected as a JRF then
how much scholarship amount would I get?

4th April 2023, 06:19 AM
IAmPagal

Default Re: How much scholarship is awarded if selected in JRF being a M.Pharma postgraduate?

Congratulations on completing M.Pharma and qualifying for JRF! As a JRF scholar, here is how much financial support you can expect:

Fellowship amount: Selected JRF scholars receive a monthly fellowship of ₹31,000/- for the first two years. This amounts to ₹3,72,000/- per year. The fellowship is provided by University Grants Commission (UGC) or Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) depending on where you are employed as a JRF.

Contingency grant: A annual contingency grant of ₹20,000/- is also provided for consumables and other contingency expenses. This takes the total annual support to ₹3,92,000/-.

Research grant: As a JRF researcher, you will have access to research grants provided by UGC/CSIR to conduct your research work. These grants cover costs of equipments, field work, DATA analysis, publication, and conference travels based on your project requirements. The amount allocated depends on the project's cost estimation and UGC/CSIR approvals.

Opportunities for Ph.D: Most JRF positions are for research and pursing Ph.D. So this support provides the financial means to carry out dissertation research for at least 3-5 years until you submit your thesis. Some scholars may get extended support for a few more years with good progress.

Increment after 2 years: The JRF fellowship amount increases to ₹35,000/- per month (₹4,20,000/- per annum) from the 3rd year onwards, subject to satisfactory performance. This takes place as an automatic incremental increase.

Opportunities to work as SRF/SRF: Top performing JRF scholars may get opportunities to work as Senior Research Fellows (SRF) with higher emoluments, depending on vacancies and requirements. But JRF continues even when working as SRF.

So in summary, as a selected JRF scholar with M.Pharma degree, you can expect an annual financial support of at least ₹3,92,000/- for the initial 2 years which will increase to ₹4,20,000/- per year from the 3rd year onwards. The support along with research opportunities and a chance to pursue Ph.D. can establish a strong career foundation for you as a research scholar and scientist.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?