14th May 2015, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study M.A.(Archaeology) with scholarship in Deccan College of Archaeology, Pune?

Hello Sir,
I want to study M.A. in Archaeology in Deccan College of Archaeology in Pune. Do I get scholarship in that college if it is possible then how would I get the scholarship? Please let me know about this. Thank you.

Related Questions:
4th April 2023, 06:18 AM
UmangSharmaMumbai

Default Re: Am I eligible to study M.A.(Archaeology) with scholarship in Deccan College of Archaeology, Pune?

Studying MA Archaeology at Deccan College of Archaeology and getting a scholarship there is certainly possible, but there are some factors that will determine your eligibility:

Academic eligibility: Deccan College typically requires at least 55-60% marks in the qualifying 10+2 exam and an archaeology/history graduate degree with 55% or more marks. Make sure you meet the minimum academic criteria for the program. Higher scores will make you a stronger candidate for scholarships.

Scholarship options: Deccan College offers several scholarships and fee waivers for deserving students:

Merit scholarships: Awarded based on scores in the entrance exam and/or academic records. Typically cover 25-100% of fees.

Need-based scholarships: For eligible candidates with financial need. College collects income documents to determine the need. Often cover a lower percentage, say 25-50% of fees.

Assistantships: Eligible scholars can work as teaching/research assistants in lieu of fees. Usually cover 75-100% of fees.

Targeted scholarships: For SC/ST, OBC, Minority communities, etc. covering 25-100% of fees based on eligibility.

Donor scholarships: Instituted by private donors and trust, criteria and benefits vary each year. Check with college for availability and eligibility.

Entrance exam eligibility: Make sure you meet all criteria to appear for any entrance exam conducted by Deccan College for admissions and scholarships. Prepare well for the exam to get a good rank which boosts your scholarship chances.

Apply for right scholarships: When applying for admissions, also apply for relevant scholarships you may be eligible for. Submit documents like income proofs, academic scores, research interests, etc. as required.

Meet deadlines: Most scholarships have annual deadlines for applications in June or July. Apply on time to have it considered for your admission cycle. Missed deadlines mean you may have to wait another year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?