14th November 2016, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between Development bank and Commercial Bank?

Respected Sir, I want to apply for Banking jobs but I am confused which Bank should I apply for? I want to know what is the difference between Development bank and Commercial Bank? Which of them is better? Please answer as soon as possible.

20th November 2016, 03:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between Development bank and Commercial Bank?

Here is difference between commercial and development bank:

1. Commercial banks are set up as companies under Company Act whereas development bank are set up under special act passed by Government.

2. Development banks are multi purpose institutions whereas commercial banks are financial institutions.

3. Commercial banks accept deposits from public which are payable at demand. Development banks do not accept deposit. Main source of funds in case of development bank is borrowing, grants, sell of securities etc.

4. Commercial banks main objective is profit whereas development bank main objective is social profit that is to provide different kinds of service to people.

Commercial banks are better for career growth. You should aim to get a job in commercial banks.
26th July 2018, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the difference between Development bank and Commercial Bank?

What is the clear differences between merchant bank and development bank?
16th April 2020, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

what is the clear difference between merchant bank and commercial bank??
12th May 2020, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Defrent between commercial bank and development bank
19th May 2020, 09:29 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Exclamation Re: What is the difference between Development bank and Commercial Bank?

Development bank refers to a multi-purpose financial undertaking set up to provide financial aid to the industrial and agricultural sector, to encourage development. On the other hand, aim at achieving social profit, through effecting developmental projects.

Commercial Bank is the bank organized to perform public utility banking services, such as accepting deposits, lending money, etc. The main purpose of commercial banks is making a profit through interest earned by lending at a high-interest rate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?