11th December 2015, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

Whether Banks discontinues Education Loan because of accidental fractures?

Hi Sir,
I am doing PGDM in Marketing through Bank of India Education Loan. This is my 2nd semester and I met with a serious accident. I haven’t appeared all my internal exams. Doctors suggested me to take rest atleast 8 months because I have few fractures. In this case, bank discontinue my education loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  2. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 24 Lacs to study MS in Germany?
  3. Financial assistance to complete BE course?
  4. Whether all Banks will offer me Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs to study B.Tech? What are the terms of an Education Loan?
  5. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks to study MS in US?
  6. What is the syllabus and pattern for RBI Young Scholar Exam? Previous years question papers of it? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Will I get loan for 3rd and 4th year if have backlog in 2nd year?
  8. Detailed information about Banks who offers Education Loan for B.Tech programme through COMEDK? Can I get Education Loan without appearing in any entrance exam?
  9. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan?
  10. How can I compare Education Loan of different Banks to study MS in Abroad?
  11. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MCA in Abroad? Procedure to apply for Education Loan?
  12. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MCA
  13. Can i get education loan even after failing in Ist semester?
  14. For NPTI PG Diploma course banks will provide education loan or not?
  15. Does Banks demand Collateral securities against Education Loan of upto Rs. 4 Lacs except SBI?
  16. Banks which sponsor Education Loan within a month to study MS in Texas University?
  17. Am I eligible to get a scholarship if I have scored 68% marks?
  18. List of Banks which offer Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs to study MBA in IMT, Chennai? Terms and conditions to apply for Education Loan?
20th July 2023, 04:40 AM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: Whether Banks discontinues Education Loan because of accidental fractures?

I'm sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you're recovering well. As for your question, it depends on the specific terms of your education loan agreement with the bank. However, most banks will not discontinue your loan just because you have been injured in an accident. They will likely require you to provide documentation from your doctor stating that you are unable to attend school for a period of time. They may also require you to make up the missed exams.
If you are concerned that your loan may be discontinued, you should contact the bank as soon as possible and explain your situation. They will be able to tell you what documentation they need and what steps you need to take to keep your loan in good standing.
Some tips for dealing with your education loan after an accident:
  • Contact the bank as soon as possible: Let the bank know about your accident and the impact it has had on your studies.
  • Provide documentation from your doctor: The bank will likely require documentation from your doctor stating that you are unable to attend school for a period of time.
  • Make up the missed exams: If you are unable to attend your exams, you will need to make them up. The bank may require you to do this before they will release any further funds.
  • Stay in communication with the bank: Keep the bank updated on your progress and let them know when you expect to be able to resume your studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?