7th October 2011, 12:22 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Cfa from US or from India? Is cfa of icfai recognised and well paid in india?

Hey, Iam a graduate & currently doing full time job. i want to go for US CFA, & thus want to get familiar with each an every aspects of the course. I need a proper guidance so that i can judge how feasible it is for me to start up with this course.
7th October 2011, 12:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Cfa from US or from India? Is cfa of icfai recognised and well paid in india?

i am working as Finance executive in a nbfc since 2 years . Now i am planning to go for CFA course . please help me in this matter please. i want any candidate phone number who had finished his/her CFA from US . Help in in the decision like i will go for usa cfa or ICFAI OR any other institute
24th October 2011, 09:08 PM
Unregistered

hi,
Presently I am doing my TY B.com, and too confused regarding course selection after TY B.com, can anybody please help me with good course for better job.
Thank you
7th November 2011, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

does it make sense to persue cfa from u.s. as already we have overcrowded market of cfas
14th November 2011, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

completed cfa from icfai will i get job
21st November 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

we need job experience for doing cfa or we can do directly.
23rd November 2011, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

i want to know that after doing indian cfa,if i want to go for international cfa then is it any exemption we get in internationa usa cfa? or we have to do all groups of us cfa?
28th November 2011, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Which will be the best institute for pursuing CFA in Bhubaneswar, Odisha...? What is the course duration and fee structure of CFA? I will be very obliged and grateful to if anyone can kindly provide me the detailed answer of my query...

My email id is [email protected]

Thank You
29th November 2011, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

is doin CFA along with a full time job recommendable??
29th November 2011, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Whether i should GO FOR MBA, CFA OR CFP???? if CFA THEN I SHOULD GO FOR INDIAN CFA OR US CFA .DOES CFA INDIA HAS VALUE AS RUN BY ICFAI.
CFA INDIA IS VALID IN HOW MANY COUNTRIES????????????????????????????????????
Yes if you are bothered about Valuation...then I must say that there is still lot of value for ICFAI CFA course among all MNC Companies. And till date I don't think that there is any CFA passed student who is left without job anywhere.
29th November 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=pradu.14;57858]

CFA from CFA Institute ( https://www.cfainstitute.org/pages/index.aspx ) is the only globally recognized and respected course.

Do not fall into any other similar sounding courses available elsewhere.

Best of luck
2nd December 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Hi All,
I am working in a distribution house of financial as marketing executive.Will CFA add the weitage in my resume for getting good job.Please give me advice........
Thanx.................
5th December 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
This controvercy with CFA course offered by ICFAI is very old.

I am listening this from very begining.

Every 4 out of 10 peoples dont agree with CFA course of ICFAI.

Why this doubt is there I am still unable to understand it, hope this issue will solve soon.........
Dear
Hi i m ketul from baroda.(Guj)

i am Pursuing MBA-Finance from ICFAI and Propably it will
completed in Jan-12.after that i plan to start CFA.But i am confusing about
the perfect institute or college for CFA.Please tell me your openion about this.

Thanks
ketul
[email protected]
5th December 2011, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDEEP891985 View Post
CFA institute is not affiliated with CFA degree offered by ICFAI. I would never suggest anyone to go for this course now because of the unpredictibility of its establishment in India. The delhi high court has only given a provisional permission to open up test centers by the CFA institute this year. Any change in decission by delhi high court will directly effect the Career prospects of CFA's in India.
But if you really want to be a Chartered financial Analyst, you need to have a university degree and 4 years of professional work experience in an investment decission making process, without which you can join but can not obtain the CFA degree.

So, if you want to make your carer in finanace/insurance apart from CFA, then the best way is to pursue MBA or could join Insurance Institute of India which offers a wide variety of courses for career in insurance.
Dear Sir,

I m Pursuing MBA - finance form ICFAI and plan to start CFA from ICFAI.what is your openion about this.?

Ketul
[email protected]
13th December 2011, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

What is the major difference in Indian CFA & USA CFA? How much costly this both CFA? Which is most popular?
20th December 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

my self:vidhi shah
i have completed my graduation inaccounting and finance in 2011 and have joined d indian CFA from ICFAI..so is that the wrong step that i have taken..???? and is that after the completion of this course i wont have any value for my degree in the market.....
27th December 2011, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi m Rachit Shah. I have finished my MBA in finance.. and right now m working in KOTAK as Asst.manager. ICFAI is providing MIFA course.. Is MIFA and CFA same??? I want 2 do the CFA. let me guide please. which is the best institution in india for CFA.
and what is the difference about US CFA and INDIAN CFA.???
what is the procedure to join any respected institution for CFA program.
31st January 2012, 07:17 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello friend,

The CFA course is recognized as the best course in finance sector. But that recognition is hold only by CFA institute USA, the single one. www.cfainstitute.org/
The ICFAI is not approved by AICTE itself. So, the CFA from ICFAI has very less value in India and when you think about career in Multi national companies then its all in vein.
So there is no comparison of CFA from ICFAI India or from CFA institute USA.
If you want to enter in finance sector and you think that you can't do it from CFA institute USA then let me tell you very clearly that CFA from USA is a distance examination kind of exam. You don't require to go USA. The exam is like CA exam (CPT I,II,III) in India. There are study material provided by the CFA institute USA itself and you have to complete pass all the examination.
Even if you complete level I and II of the exam you will get jobs not less than the top packages of IIMs.

I cannot write all the details at a time. Your all queries about how is the exam conducted, Certification, Syllabus, Procedure etc can be solved by visiting wikipedia.
Everyone who has any doubt regarding CFA must visit

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartered_Financial_Analyst

I hope this will help you very much.

Thanks
1st February 2012, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

I read too many of the above comments. I lost track of most of the questions raised. This is the first time i am commenting on a blog/webpage/forum whatever u call it.
Comparisons between CFA(US) and CFA(ICFAI) do not arise,in the 1st place. May be some of the posts claiming superiority of CFA(ICFAI) is just an advertising campaign.
Let me not mislead you guys. CFA from USA is a real pain but the future prospect(job as well as knowledge) is very rewarding. People with less knowledge in the finance sector suffers a lot. It has been adjudged to be the gold standard in finance. Needless to say any comparison arises with ICFAI. But before you enroll for CFA(US) make sure you have a knack as well as time to devout to the study preparation.

ICFAI CFA will definitely add to your knowledge but it is not where you can call yourself a ''charter holder'' ,which refers exclusively to the CFA Institute. Do not want to demoralise anyone. Think twice and then enroll to the any of the course. For any assistance please mail me your queries : [email protected]

Wish you the best in all your endeavours,
Abhishek
3rd March 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

I want to know how to apply in usa cfa and i also want to know the institute available in ahmedabad that provide coaching for usa cfa. Please reply me on " [email protected]"
1st May 2012, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone tell me what qualification we need to do cfa? I was planning to do BA ... is it elligible or shall i take B.com and take up cfa.. pls reply me to my gmail: [email protected]
19th May 2012, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

hieeee... can u plzzz tell me which one CFA is better?? CFA from USA and CFA from ICFAI???pllzzz replyyyyy me as soon as psble... i wana start it wid in some daysss... plzz help me out??
28th June 2012, 06:52 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am MBA in Finance and i want to do CFA from American University where i can get 100% placement.I stay in India and it should be vaild globally.

Please help me at teh earliest.

Vaibhav
(M)9325176169
29th July 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I have completed my Bachelor's degree in BCOM(Accounting & finance) from Mumbai University & currently working as Analyst in a KPO.Please suggest me whether Indian CFA has scope and is it recognised.Or i should go for US CFA?What is the pay package offered?

Please reply on my id [email protected]
6th January 2013, 06:34 PM
Unregistered

i am doing f.y. b.com without maths . i want to know which course is better cs or icwa or cfa?will cfa of india start again or not?
18th February 2013, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Hi, am Srinivas
From Hyderabad I need list of institutions for CFA course within Hyderabad.Please advise.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?