28th July 2010, 06:54 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? short height any barrier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what about the weight?

The weight is a characteristic which is depended on height and age.
Kindly check the chart for the same.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Merchan Navy Fitness chart.pdf(77.1 KB, 298 views)
28th July 2010, 06:58 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? short height any barrier?

Quote:
my height is 167cm but my weight is under 50. m i medically fit for merchant navy.
Hello,

Your height is good, but you are underweight, hence, it would be better if you increase your weight.
Your weight for this height must be atleast 50, and it increases with age.

Good Luck!!
28th July 2010, 07:02 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Quote:
my lense power is -2.75 of both eyes.no any other problem.can i aplly?
Hello,

Sorry you cannot apply.
You have too high a power and one required to have a good vision to be a Merchant Navy Cadet.
Therefore, you are not eligible!!!
28th July 2010, 08:10 PM
Senior Member+++

HELLO FRIEND
if you are going for any indian civil ,armed forces you need to be medically fit
so even if you pass your written exam if you are unfit in medical exam then you will be rejected
so here i am providing you a attachment that contain
all info about the phsical examination that you needto pass during merchant navy medical examination:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf forum.pdf(17.3 KB, 293 views)
28th July 2010, 09:18 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

Hi!

For joining merchant navy you must pass a medical fitness test under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

The height is measured in accordance to weight. Normally height should not be less than 157cm.

Other tests that are included in merchant navy medical examination are urine, pulse, blood & x-rays test.
28th July 2010, 11:30 PM
happy to help

Height is a barrier to admission in navy
minimum height requirement is 5"6'
Eligibility: Pass with aggregate 40% marks in 10th standard from a recognized Board with Science, Mathematic as subjects and with minimum 40 percent marks in English language.
Or pass in 2-year ITI course from government approved institute. Minimum 50 percent aggregate marks in final year and minimum 40 percent marks in English at 10th or diploma exam.
29th July 2010, 10:45 AM
subhash5687
Banned

Thumbs up Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? short height any barrier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faz View Post
plz tell me whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination and is there any barrier 4 short highted person........as i m a short highted person........plz reply thanx..........
no dear they will only test your eye site,urine,and your physical fitness by x-ray.go for it .best of luck.
29th July 2010, 04:32 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
plz tell me whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination and is there any barrier 4 short highted person........as i m a short highted person........plz reply thanx..........
no,there is no barrier for height in merchant navy medical examination. They will check other things such as pulse, blood, eyesight, urine etc.
31st July 2010, 09:02 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

dear riend,
medical test is the toughest in which your whole body is checked
and the test includes
skin diseases test
eyesight test
colour blindness
urine test
and short height can be the factor
19th August 2010, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

I'VE an eyesight of -1.50 can i apply for merchant navy
29th August 2010, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

Which exam i have to give after passing 12 to go in merchant navy field
26th September 2010, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

my right leg is weaker than left but i do all activites like playing, running, driving like others is i able to pass fittness exam
15th October 2010, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

can u pls give me all related medical tests involved in MN......
16th October 2010, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

can colour blindness join merchant navy ? please reply soon
14th November 2010, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

i have some small white pathces on my body but iam totaly fit and taking medicine of it is there any chancefor rejection in medical test
15th November 2010, 06:19 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

The candidate appearing for any armed force must have minimum weight of 157cm must.and there is concession for east Indians those are from north east states but for other it is 157cm.
15th November 2010, 09:40 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
Height problem is not a barrier but it must not be too short rather.
Minimum 5.5 feet is required. All the candidates who apply for the degree course should be physically and mentally fit. The Navigators are required to have a perfect eyesight, though marine engineers can wear spectacles for eyesight up to plus/minus 2.5. Colour blind people cannot apply.

thank you
16th November 2010, 03:37 PM
yashdv

Red face Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? White spots any barrier?

i have white spots over my legs which is termed as vitiligo ............... & this disease doesn't have any Adverse effect on one's health.........................................

so r there any chance of getting medically rejected in merchant navy ..............

as i have read Merchan Navy Fitness chart they have written that " (1) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which
is likely in interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
(2)Any disease of skin which is likely to cause disability or disfigurement will also be a cause for rejection."

this all criteria they have kept for skin medical exam...........................

so anyone who surely knows abt this skin disease related medical exam plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz answer meeeeeeee
17th November 2010, 09:17 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? White spots any barrier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashdv View Post
i have white spots over my legs which is termed as vitiligo ............... & this disease doesn't have any Adverse effect on one's health.........................................

so r there any chance of getting medically rejected in merchant navy ..............

as i have read Merchan Navy Fitness chart they have written that " (1) The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any disease/disability which
is likely in interfere with the efficient performance of duties.
(2)Any disease of skin which is likely to cause disability or disfigurement will also be a cause for rejection."

this all criteria they have kept for skin medical exam...........................

so anyone who surely knows abt this skin disease related medical exam plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz answer meeeeeeee

Yes White spots are defenitely the cause of rejection, it will be cosidered as a dematological disease. Even if it get heeled there is very less chance for selection. However, dont leave attempting deliver your best. Selection rejection are different facts which comes later, at least have attempt.

Best of Luck
17th November 2010, 09:36 PM
Vikram Naik

Smile Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? short height any barrier?

Quote:
Hello buddy...
As you seem to be interersted in Merchant Navy... medical examinations are very much considered before u are allowed onboard. However there are minimum requirements which are also considered such as height, whether u use spectacles or no, ur body fitness,weight, blood group, whether u have any disceases, and whether u were prone to any of the disceases, any allergies or so. You will be awarded points for all these.
Generally height factor is considered in merchant navy atleast 5ft and some companies dont consider it.
When you satisfy all the factors with max no of points then be sure that you will be choosen.
17th November 2010, 09:48 PM
lakveldi

Physically fit and meet the standards laid out by Director General of Shipping. More details can be found in DG Shipping website at www.dgshipping.com
18th November 2010, 07:57 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Whats all is there in merchant navy medical examination? short height any barrier?

Quote:
normally they don't see hight because one my friend having 157 cm hight he got into merchant navy,
and for the medical examination
they usually test basic medical test like
1.color blindness
2.X-ray
3.blood
4. urine samples
30th November 2010, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

what is the regulation for using "Hearing Aids" in the merchant navy as Master.
7th December 2010, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

I AM SUFFERING FROM COLOR BLIDNESS BUT MY EYE SIGHT IS GOOD 6\9 SO IF I AM APPLICABLE FOR MERCHANT NAVY
15th December 2010, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

if lense power is 3.00 then can he go for it?
17th December 2010, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Can flat footed people apply for merchant navy?
25th December 2010, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

is there any problem if skin is parched due to cold winters ??????????? plz reply meee.........
21st January 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

what type of medical disabilities are allowed in joining merchant navy ???

my left hands ring and middle fingers r short.......but i can lift weights with my left hand like my right hand,i can ride a bike,i go to gym,and i play computer games, i can grip things with my left hand i can do things wat a guy of my age can do normally
is there any chance for me joining merchant navy
plz reply must
i m worried a lot
30th January 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

i have mild asthma that occurs only due to allergy
can i be rejected in merchant navy
1st February 2011, 03:56 PM
deepak kumar vaidya

i have one testicle.... cn i go through my medicals
7th February 2011, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

HI MY FUTURE SENIORS OF MERCHANT NAVY --I JUST WANT TO ASK DO THEY ALSO CHECK FOR THINGS LIKE GIRTH OR THICKNESS OF PENIS ?????MY LENGTH IS OK BUT A BIT LACK IN GIRTH ..PLZ ANS 2 MY QSTION FAST FRNDS
8th April 2011, 07:18 AM
Unregistered

Hello,

I was able to pass all the medical requirements with exception to they want me to return in a few weeks for a back xray for possible scoliosis. Has anyone ever had this hicup in their medical examination and still passed the examination. I know I slouch sometimes but I do not have any back issues nor is their any family history of it? Any reccomendations before I return for the back xray?
9th April 2011, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Sir i don't have so much height. so can i apply for merchant navy
9th April 2011, 02:25 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

generally height factor is not considered in any of the institutes during medical exam ...unless and until you are too short.......so dont worry go for it.....height is not a big deal....they will test your blood,urine,pulse,x-rays,etc.......
24th April 2011, 05:17 PM
Unregistered

my eye sights are little weak.......
5th June 2011, 02:56 AM
Unregistered

my height is 176 cn and 82 kg weight am i fit for merchant navy is there any weight problem
23rd June 2011, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

their is testis test also or not
24th June 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

By doing laser operations we can correct our eye lens . But in medical test they us or not.
26th June 2011, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

sir i hav i hav wart on my hand ...is there any problem wid that...
15th July 2011, 11:11 PM
Unregistered

I had strech marks in sholdErs and butx. . .is any possibity to reject me??
25th July 2011, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

what about knock knees
27th August 2011, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

sir,
my eye sight is weak but it is 6/6 with glasses can i still be pass in medical exams
9th September 2011, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

my lense power of left eye is 0.25.can i apply?
21st September 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

what is the eye test
15th October 2011, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

i have eye lenses with -5 can i eligible to apply for merchant navy after be in mechanical for post of fifth engineer
13th November 2011, 05:08 PM
rudramishra

hi friend,

there is no height related problems in merchant navy,unless you are very short say like 130 cms.

the other tests that are included in medical exam are:

1)x-ray
2)urine and blood test
3)skin related diseases test
4)hearing test
5)eyesight test
15th November 2011, 11:27 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

hi friend,

there is no height related problems in merchant navy,unless you are very short say like 130 cms.

the other tests that are included in medical exam are:

1)urine and blood test
2)skin related diseases test
3)hearing test
4)eyesight test
15th November 2011, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

man with disease hydroscele can get into merchant navy???
22nd December 2011, 06:30 PM
shubhambiswas
Senior Member+

For joining Merchant Navy you must be Medically fit in all respect.

Height is one of the main factor for getting there.

However,height requirement depends upon weight and age.For example if your age is 18 and weight is 50kg then the minimum permisseable height is 160cm.

However,you should have minimum 157cms of height if your weight is 50 kg and age is not more then 20 years.

Good luck...............
31st January 2012, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

"My weight is 50 and my height is 5'1 . I am eligible for merchant navy or not plz tell me?"
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?