31st May 2010, 03:13 PM
g suresh kumar

Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student

i am a Bpharm student to pass out next year.
I qualified GATE 2010 in biotechnology with 380 as Gate score.
Can i be considered to be eligible for applying into courses like Mtech,MTech(Res),or Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engg.

31st May 2010, 04:28 PM
kool

Default Re: Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student

sorry friend, a B.Pharma student can't take admission in M.Tech program.
if you want to do M.Tech then firstly complete your M.Pharma degree, then you can admit in M.Tech course.
As it is very good for you to crack GATE with a score 380, but it can't help you to take admission in M.Tech, kindly firstly complete M.Pharma then again crack GATE exam.
As the validity of GATE score is only for 2 years, so if you can complete your M.Pharma within two years then you can apply for M.Tech degree.
1st June 2010, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student

Eligibility for M.Tech

B/Tec or M.Sc with 60% in aggregate with GATE- 300(general caste) 200 (Sc/St)

Eligibility for P.hd.

M.E/ M.tech/ Mpharm with 60% in both levels i.e. graduate and post graduate programme.
B.E./ Btech/ B.pharm with 70% in aggregate and qualified GATE.
1st June 2010, 01:38 PM
chetankhatri

Originally Posted by g suresh kumar View Post
Can i be considered to be eligible for applying into courses like Mtech,MTech(Res),or Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engg.
hello dear why are you not going for m.pharm this is very good option after B.pharm.
1st June 2010, 05:39 PM
jicks

With your score you are eligible for M.Tech.
If not in IIT, you can get admission in other colleges.

But you are not eligible to do direct Ph.D unless you complete Masters Degree in that particular stream.

3rd June 2010, 07:33 AM

I really want to know whether a B Pharm student with Valid Gate score could go to BIOTECHNOLOGY stream?
11th July 2010, 01:47 PM

iam doing my M.Sc in earth sciences but iam interested in biotechnology or biology related courses and even my bachelors background is biotechnology.....so can i get information that...can i do P.HD or mtech in biotechnology...am i eligible for those courses...
9th August 2010, 03:23 PM

can i eligible for m.tech in bio technology&bio medical eng. in iit ofter b.pharmacy(pcb)
14th August 2010, 08:29 PM

i am a biomedical engineering student.i want to write GATE .please suggest me to take which branch in gate because biomedical engineering is not a option in the GATE and there is no syllabus to write biomedical engineering major.please mail the answer to [email protected]
15th August 2010, 02:39 PM

you first complete M.Pharma then again crack GATE exam

As the validity of GATE score is only for 2 years,

so if you can complete your M.Pharma within two years then

you can apply for M.Tech degree
12th September 2010, 03:37 PM

i am a b.tech biotech student ..... of 3rd year execpt gate which exams are there......... for mtech biotech which i can give right now.........???????
2nd October 2010, 02:51 PM

hello dear iam also a b.pharm student and i qualified gate 2010 with a gate score in lifesciences of 409.my all india rank is 756. Kindly tell me if i would be considered for m.tech bioinformatics , computational biology , biotechnology ?
5th October 2010, 12:00 PM

what is the btech percentage eligibility for mtech,if i get GATE rank because i have got 56 % in B.Tech , can i do M.Tech/ME
6th October 2010, 03:12 PM

hi im bsc 2nd year student in comp.sci n electronics i would lyk 2 further my studies so in wat postgraduate stream im i eligible for... plz reply me...
11th October 2010, 01:53 AM
Sushant Roy

Firstly I want to tell you that you are only eligible for MTech in Biotechnolgy and PhD in related field. I dont think so that IITs do provide admission in MTech(research), however NITs do provide admission in research.
MTech (research) is a very confined field of studying MTech into which admission are done in these months and session starts from Jan/Feb of every year.
They have a foreign concept of schedule like fall winter or summer.
25th October 2010, 08:50 AM

i hav completed b.tech(biotechnology) n doing mtech(biotechnology).
is gate required for doing post doctral programmes?
2nd November 2010, 10:43 PM

sir ,

what is the b.tech percentage eligibility for m.tech,if i get GATE rank.
n can i do m.tech easilyy....................
21st November 2010, 05:33 PM

i m doing bsc biotech n wanted to know about the eligibility for M.tech in biotech, is Msc sufficient for that along with gate.
22nd November 2010, 04:33 PM
sandipk

Hi friend,

it's nice to hear you crack GATE with score 380,
but i m sorry to say that you can't get addimision directly into M.tech
now you have to first complete M.Pharma then again hv to crack GATE exam again with good score.

all the best...
20th January 2011, 06:00 PM

21st January 2011, 05:19 PM
edgeineervinay

Originally Posted by g suresh kumar View Post
sorry but mtech is technical subject
and u r in medical line so u can't join a technical subject after medical
28th January 2011, 07:41 PM

hello sir
i am doing my b tech with EC , can i do my m tech with biotech..?
8th February 2011, 08:23 PM

hello sir
I am doing Bsc in Zoology ,m i able to appear in GATE exam after my Bsc or which will be the best Exam to appear.
20th February 2011, 11:17 PM

i am a biomedical engineering student.i want to write GATE .please suggest me to take which branch in gate because biomedical engineering is not a option in the GATE and there is no syllabus to write biomedical engineering major.please mail the answer to [email protected]
u can crack gate xam in instrumentation ..it contains vry much syllabus of biomedical branch..
gud luck ..
hoping gr8 future 4 biomedical engineers....
jai shri krishna believe in god..
27th February 2011, 05:06 PM

Can anyone plz tell me if I am eleigible for M. Tech in Bio medical which is offered by IIT Mumbai as I have done my B. Tech in Biotechnology???
16th March 2011, 12:48 AM

Can anyone please tell me that which IIT or NITs can i get with a GATE score of 481(AIR 395) in biotech.??
20th March 2011, 09:11 AM
riya chatterjee

i am an msc in biomedical instrumentation from calcutta university having physics background also cracked gate instrumentation....can i apply in mtech-phd medical imaging in khargpur iit? where else can i apply for mtech r phd?am i applicable in pure instrumentation mtech?plzz rply.
22nd March 2011, 12:49 PM

HIII everyone, i have done M.Sc agri biotech with 68.9% (6.89/10 OGPA).I qualified GATE-BT with 87.5 percentile , 345 gate score, rank=2024/16425. Where can i apply for PhD biotech admissions?Please guide me.Can i try for Osmania university, hyderbadad central university in AP?My email id is [email protected] at this id.

Saripalli Gautam M,
M.Sc agri biotech.
4th April 2011, 01:12 PM

sir,i have done mbbs in 2006 .am i eligible for doing m tech biotechnology ?do i have to clear any entrance exam for this?sir,kindly suggest me some other similar courses or mba courses where there is direct admission for mbbs graduates.
4th April 2011, 11:10 PM

sir my name is dattatreya.i got 6300 rank in gate.am i eligible to acquire admission in mtech
5th April 2011, 11:05 AM

sir i am the b.e 1st year student in electronics and communication. i want to know that what is the cut off of gate examination.
13th April 2011, 11:47 AM

I HAD DONE BTECH IN BIOTECHNOLOGY IN THE YEAR 2006. I AM ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR GATE2011
23rd April 2011, 01:53 PM

can i do m.tech in biotechnology in India, without b.tech in the same?
25th April 2011, 05:03 PM

I am doing MSc in Botany from Panjab University,Chandigarh. Next year i want to apply for M.Tech in Biotechnology. Am i eligible for that,in all the top institutions,including IIT?
27th April 2011, 05:06 PM

sir i m an mbbs student. i ll be completing ma study next year then i have to work a year more as an intern.after this i want to persue my career with biomedical engineering...m i eligible??
4th May 2011, 06:13 PM
Kaylin

Red face Re: Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student

Glad I've finally found smoethnig I agree with!
23rd May 2011, 05:33 PM

I Had completed my Siddha Medicine (B.S.M.S) last year and interested in pursuing PG in Biotechnology is this is possible.

Arusha
23rd May 2011, 05:36 PM
arusha05

I had Completed my Siddha Medicine last year.. I am interested in pursuing PG course in Biotechnology. Please advice me if its eligible.
25th May 2011, 12:43 PM

I am 2nd year biomedical eng.student.n I want to go for M.tech in biomedical eng..in IIT...then in which descipline I should give GATE to get admission in IIT??
26th May 2011, 12:25 AM
mailmeshekhar2011

Eligibility for M.Tech

B/Tec or M.Sc with 60% in aggregate with GATE- 300(general caste) 200 (Sc/St)

Eligibility for P.hd.

M.E/ M.tech/ Mpharm with 60% in both levels i.e. graduate and post graduate programme.
B.E./ Btech/ B.pharm with 70% in aggregate and qualified GATE.

31st May 2011, 02:45 PM

i m an electrical and electronics final year B-Tech Student........i wanna opt for M-Tech in biotechnology......am i eligible for it........can you help me to find out the colleges offering this eligibility grateful...........plz help........suraj
8th June 2011, 05:58 PM

can i take admision in m.tech biotechnology after bsc biotechnology
18th June 2011, 07:36 PM

hi i have completed my b-tech in bio-medical eng i did not qualify gate is any posibility to get in to iit with out gate
20th June 2011, 01:13 PM

hi I am a BE biotechnology student. I am yet to complete my BE next year I have plans of appearing for GATE i wanted to know that if i am eligible for M tech in biomedical engg. And pls suggest me some good colleges with in banglore.
30th June 2011, 04:28 PM

I have completed BCIS (Bachelor in communication and Information technology),so m i eligible for M.Tech in Computer / Information science . or M.Tech in Geographic Information System. Plz suggest me any solution which to opt for my master degree program that make my career best!
30th June 2011, 07:53 PM

hi i have just completed my b.sc biotechnology,i want to know that am i eligible for m. pharma admisson
1st July 2011, 02:37 PM

khushboo sharma
could I take admission in m.tech after B.s.c in biotechnology
10th July 2011, 09:19 PM

i am nagaland open university student msc (eniveroniment student) let i am going to m.tech sir? what is eligibilty sir.. can give details...my email.is [email protected]..
18th July 2011, 03:43 PM

colleges for mtech biotech and further phD
22nd July 2011, 02:45 PM

siri i am graduate in b.a.m.s.[ayurveda] am i eligible for mtech in biomedical engeenering?my name is sonal patil.