21st February 2017, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get admission for M.Tech or Ph.D after qualifying GATE exam?

Sir/Mam, I qualified GATE exam with 345 gate score can I get admission for mtech or phd? please tell me and give me the complete information which I have to follow to apply for the course. It will be really helpful if you can guide me soon.

Related Questions:
22nd February 2017, 07:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for M.Tech or Ph.D after qualifying GATE exam?

Yes, you can surely apply for admission for both the courses. For M.Tech you just need to attend counselling for admission. For Ph.D, there will be an interview, which will be conducted by the concerned institute or university.

Hence, you just need to keep track of notifications and apply accordingly. If you pursue M.Tech, then you will be eligible for stipend. Admission in Ph.D is based on merit and you should be well prepared for interview stage.
22nd February 2017, 10:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission for M.Tech or Ph.D after qualifying GATE exam?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission into M.Tech course based on GATE score. In general, you must have qualified GATE Examination or National Eligibility Test that is conducted by University Grants Commission. Basically the minimum eduational qualification required is,

>> B.E/ B.Pharm/ B.Tech/ B.Arch from a recognized university and it's program is known as GATE qualified Junior Research Fellowship of CSIR.

>> Besides this you must have a valid GATE score in order to pursue Ph.D.
23rd February 2017, 09:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to apply for M.Tech after qualifying in the GATE examination. Since you have qualified in the examination, you can take admission in different colleges offering M.Tech through counselling process.
Candidates those who have qualified in the GATE examination can study M.Tech course in a respective University.
27th March 2017, 09:34 PM
Unregistered

My gate score is 387. Can i get admission in BMS college, banglore for mtech. If not which colleges can i apply. Can anybody please?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?