17th December 2010, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Salaries after Btech Biotechnology? Scope in India and Abroad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
how much salary do i get after doing my 4years in b.tech- biotechnology field in india?
i too had d same question
if u get plz plz reply me on [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad?
  2. What is the scope of biotechnology in India and Abroad? What is the salary?
  3. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available(In India and abroad) for Biotech students?
  4. Present scope of Biotechnology in India? Where Biotechnology has more scope in India or in Abroad?
  5. Comparison between Biotech and B.Pharma?
  6. How to do Mtech in biotechnology from abroad after btech in biotechnology from India?
  7. Scope of Biotechnology in India? How to study further studies in abroad? -- [New]
  8. Which is best course between M.Sc in Biotechnology and Microbiology in India and Abroad after completing B.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  9. Which are the universities offering M.Tech industrial biotechnology course? What is the scope of industrial biotechnology in India
  10. Is it necessary to be 16 years old for studying abroad?
  11. How good is Biotechnology as a career? Scope in Indian and Abroad?
  12. PhD in Biotechnology Entrance Exams in India and Abroad after M.Sc. in Biotechnology?
  13. How to pursue masters in B.Tech Biotechnology? I am planning to apply abroad
  14. How to get admission in Ph.D. in Biotechnology in foreign universities? How to get scholarship for the same?
  15. Scope and renumeration of nanotechnology in India and Abroad? Which are the colleges offering B.Tech Nanotechnology?
  16. What is the scope of Biotechnology in India? How much is the salary? Is PG in India better?
  17. Which has a better scope in India, MSc Toxicololgy or Biotechnology?
  18. Universities offering PhD(Biotechnology) in Abroad? List of entrance exams for admission?
25th December 2010, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Salaries after Btech Biotechnology? Scope in India and Abroad?

what is the best option after doing Msc. in biotech -Mtech or Phd.
30th December 2010, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

hi......This is Sachin. I m going to complete my b.tech BIOTECHNOLOGY just in few months...Is b.tech sufficient in this field???????????
30th December 2010, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

what is the minimum salary of b.tech in india.
1st January 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

hello every one...am jus about 2 cmplete b.tech biotechnology...we dun have specific text books r ne oder easy sources...itz abit diifficult...coz generally ppl expect dat we nly hav biology related subjects lyk genetics,cancer bio etc,..bt we also hav mathematics nd thermo dynamics and mechanical subjects etc..we can say dat b.tech biotech z lyk alrounder..so ppl who dun lyk maths shud nt opt 4 it...am still sufferin...am doin 4-1 nd my % iz still around 55..so ppl out der...if yu hav ne idea bout doin m.s after graduation plz temme whether dey r goin 2 cnsider % r nt..??will dey cnsider % seriously r dey do nly cnsider the scores we get in gre n toefl???i really need sme help...
8th January 2011, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

I'm in great diellama to choose which field of biology after my 12th standard completion...i want to study the subject that assures a job with possibly a high rank salary...
8th January 2011, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

HAI,NOW IM STUDYING MSC BIOTECHNOLOGY,AFTER FINISHING MY PG NOT CONTINUE MY HIGHER STUDIES IM GO TO JOB ,IF IM JOIN FOR JOB FROM USA,HOW MUCH SALARY WILL B GOT?
17th January 2011, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

i am a b.tech biotech student of jaypee university,noida..currently in 2nd yr. i plan to do masters from US.. what is d pay scale if i continue working abroad???
17th January 2011, 09:43 PM
Unregistered

Hai I m a 12th std student in bio group. I m interested in studying b.tech biotech. Is there a good scope in dis field? pls tel me. I m also interested in research work and i want to know tat can i get good jobs. Pls advice me. I really dont want to go up in imagination and fall down but i want to be practical. Help me
18th January 2011, 08:13 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello friend

Biotechnology is a course which is in very demand now a days.After completing this course you will get salary around Rs15,000 to Rs20,000 per month and if you will get jobs in foreign, then you will get more salary in dollars.It seems you can get healthy amount of money in India as well as abroad.

so best of luck..
18th January 2011, 03:45 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushkalra21 View Post
hai..........
i have an interest in bio from starting but due to some reasons i have to take non med. but i really want to do something in medical related field and i also have to do b.tech so is btech in biotech help me and what is the scope of it in abroad what may be the roughly expected salary pls tel the salary i know its dificult but pls guess
biotech score is very impressive in india and in abroad also.
just try to get qualify from a good collage.
scope is far more better
30th January 2011, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

just near about 15,000-20,000..........very slow growth in India till now....i know all the scenario of industries as i had already done y b.tech biotechnology
31st January 2011, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
40,000 per month
kya majak hai bhai... when u are not knowing the scene then plz dnt describe it.. B.tech , biotech ka koi khas scope nahi hai.. if u want higher salaries then u hav to pursue higher degrees like Phd. then only one can get salry like 40,000.. agar koi B.tech karke job karta hai to approx 15,000 milega.. and do remember that no one is going to hire you abroad at the level of B.tech..
meri B.tech (biotech) degree jun me complete hone wali hai.. and i am from a reputed university.. i hav got job in IT sector .. this is not related to biotech.. and i m finding difficult to get a core company job with good package.. so i hav only two option now
1. go with IT job OR
2. go for higher studies

one thing i wl like to tell tht this situation is with all my batchmates..
12th February 2011, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

i m doin B pharm course. what is the salary scale after the course.please let me know. and is there any scope in abroad?
25th February 2011, 11:23 PM
Unregistered

doing MBA after b.tech in biotechnology... would it be a wise descision??
7th March 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

In india lifescience courses are useless.just of time pass we can go to college just like B.A. literature, they too can earn some money but, lifescience course graduates are spending more money and many years of time and ending up in frustration both in personal and career aspects.

Try to learn computers and settle in it.Don't waste your time and money in this useless field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya436 View Post
M.Sc in bio technology has good scope in research field

but as per my knowledge salaries are comparetively low when with IT field

hmmm roughly the salary will be around 13k to 20k

all the best

go for research and

create or discover something new

~all regards~

~aditya~
16th March 2011, 06:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi frds i went through al d comments.. i hv completed BE in BIOTECHNOLOGY in 2009 till 2day m jobless.There is no scope for BE biotech so pls dont go for BE.. if ur more interested u can do B.Sc Biotech later on u can go for M.sc clinical research there s much scope in clinical research in India...its my own experience der s no respect for BE Bitechnology peoples...
20th March 2011, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

I am Pankaj Rathore from Ajmer. i had filled up the form for B.sc Biotechnology from Jaipur National University. i want to know about its scopes and salary after placement in India as well as in abroad.
6th April 2011, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

Friends....if you r looking for a career in biotechnology, prefer Msc over engineering and that too in the field of microbiology........and if you are interested in research then pursue Phd or MS....nd People with PCB who think that b tech biotech is a better option for career, please DONT GET INTO IT......instead do something else like Bsc-Msc, MCA....You will get good career options......In India, biotechnology is a new field and thus do not nave many promising jobs like IT.......go for it only if you are mad about it....
8th April 2011, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
what is the minimum salary that we can get after doing Btech Biotechnology in India?
is the job secure ?????????????? like engineering and doctor
8th April 2011, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

oh god.....
its realy too confusing...
d students who r doing btech biotech r saying not to opt it....
n some r saying itzzz realy gud....
plzzzzzz.....
help me out wht to do n wht to not....
is dis course realy gud for my gud carrier.....
plzzzz....
help me......
14th April 2011, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

tell me some good colleges in india for b.tech biotechnology i want to do and there elegibilty and percentage plezzzzz mail me on my email id my id is [email protected]
23rd April 2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Salaries after Btech Biotechnology? Scope in India and Abroad?

Quote:
plz don't screw me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in class 12 bio and I am honestly thinking of choosing biotech !
i just want truth before my dreams of research are turned to ashes ! is biotech really good with scope for salary and research
saurav
after completing ur 12th choose BI they will get jobs in cs companies also becoz they study all the subjets of cs
4th May 2011, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Salaries after Btech Biotechnology? Scope in India and Abroad?

Quote:
plz don't screw me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in class 12 bio and I am honestly thinking of choosing biotech !
i just want truth before my dreams of research are turned to ashes ! is biotech really good with scope for salary and research
saurav
hi.............
i sincerely suggest u not to take biotech as we r in 1yr n even we are not getting good opinion 4m our seniorz as even they r jobles so thnk n it n decide
all d best
6th May 2011, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Salaries after Btech Biotechnology? Scope in India and Abroad?

Quote:
tell me some good colleges in india for b.tech biotechnology
prist university tanjore
vit vellore
6th May 2011, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

what is the scope of biotech in foreign countries
9th May 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

Hi:( i have completed my 12th n i want to know whether biotechnology have a good scope n what will be the average salary?
13th May 2011, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

hey guys am really confused aftr readin the above comments...is biotech a good carrer option or not...i have just finished my 12 th...and am plannin to do btech in biotech...?:???????
23rd May 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

i wanna do btech in biotechnology in india and then i will go abroad to do biotechnology (m tech). if i come to india after that what would be my starting salary and what would it be after 5 years. please nebody could tell, also will it be sensible to stay in US or UK and pratice or to come back to india.
28th May 2011, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

salary after doing b.tech m.tech phD???????
30th May 2011, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Biotechnology has become more of a hype rather than reality.
Demerits:
1) If anyone wants to join it, be ready for higher studies. Its not like other fields where Bachelors degree is enough to get a decent job.
2) Very less salaries, don't expect core job with decent salary. Kind of one-third salaries with double the work.
3) Lot of competition
4) Mostly frustrating lives. If you put same or half the effort in other branches like CSE, ECE, Mech etc you can shine much more
5) I have heard from my friends that even in abroad things are not that good. (there is also one hype that it is great in USA etc, which i believe is nonsensence)
6) Difficult to establish your own company because of various factors like environmental clearance etc etc. Whereas to become an entrepreneaur in computer science field or others is much simpler
7) Most of the people who have completed B.Tech in biotech are ready even to work for 15k pm

Merits:
1) If you are seriously dedicated and interested, you can go for M.Tech/PhD later in good institute and become a researcher/scientist/faculty in university
2) Nothing is impossible, although difficult you can still manage to open a small company. The govt is encouraging too.
3) Some govt positions will be there in research institutes (but competition is huge)
4) If there is no other choice, fine you can join.(especially for PCB people who dont have Maths in 2)
5) Obviously IT jobs open for all fields. You can also continue with civils or MBA after any degree.

Note: 99.99% of people in biotechnology wont get 40,000 salaries initially. Someone trying to mislead.
30th May 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

I will complete B tech in biotechnology by the end of this june.So can you please suggest me a better option for me.I mean should I move on from biotech & look for some Government jobs or should i stick on to this?
30th May 2011, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

iam willing to do my ms in pharmaceutical in uk.after finishing how much salary i will get in india after gettig job.
2nd June 2011, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

CONFUSED!!.....btech or bsc in biotech??
5th June 2011, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

may i know the maximum salary in b.tech biotechnology
5th June 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

No I don think it is such a good option...I have myself done my B.SC Honours in Biotech and MBA in Biotech Managemnet from Amity University..and its been 3 years but am still to get a job in the industry...campus placements are only 25% or below...
5th June 2011, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Biotech in bit ranchi or computer in bit deoghar??
6th June 2011, 11:31 PM
Unregistered

I m getting biotech in bit mesra can I change it for civil after 1 year I mean after 2 semesters..?
7th June 2011, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: Salaries after Btech Biotechnology? Scope in India and Abroad?

Quote:
PEOPLE ONLY TELL THERE ARE BIOTECHNOLOGY JOBS , BUT ACTUALLY THERE ISNT ANY , PLEASE DO NOT TAKE BIOTECHNOLOGY ESPECIALLY B.E. IN BIOTECHNOLOGY , PAY SCALE IS TOO LOW , STUDY ELECTRONICS OR COMPUTERS YOU WILL GET GOOD SALARY , "EVERYBODY TELLS BIOTECHNOLOGY IS FUTURE , BUT IT IS NOT , OR ATLESAT SALARY IS NOT GOOD COMPARED TO IT FIELD " , I SCREWED UP MY LIFE AFTER TAKING BIOTECH FOR BE , I HAVE 75% AGGREGATE BUT STILL I AM JOBLESS SINCE ONE YEAR , EVEN FOLKS WHO HAVE SPENT 15 LAKHS AND STUDIED MASTERS IN UK ARE STILL JOBLESS...! , ONLY IF YOU GET INTO USA , YOU MAY EARN SOME MONEY , AGAIN GETTING INTO USA COLLEGE MAY BE EASY BUT GETTING A US VISA IS NOT , ESPECIALLY FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY GRADUATES , YOUR VISA WILL BE REJECTED UNDER 214(B) , IT MEANS YOU WILL SETTLE THERE AFTER YOU FINISH YOUR STUDY , WHICH THE VISA OFFICER WILL NOT ENCOURAGE , THINK OVER FOLKS , I HEARD THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ON WEBSITES AND NET TELLING BIOTECH HAS GOOD SCOPE IN FUTURE , BUT I DID NOT HEAR ANYTHING FROM A ACTUAL PERSON WORKING IN BIOTECH INDUSTRY AND EARNING WELL , I HAVE STATED MY OPINION , ITS YOUR LIFE , PLEASE DO NOT SCREW UP , ALL THE BEST
I completely agree with you. I have completed my Masters (Dual-Degree B.tech-M.tech) with 90% in Biotechnology from JIIT, NOIDA, still I dont see any career prospects in this field apart from working like laborers and earning less than even what call center guys make. Even after an M.tech we people are given salaries at par with a 12th pass out. It's really a frustrating and helpless situation here in India!!
7th June 2011, 11:00 PM
Amit jaiswal02
Member+

hi
Scope abroad if fine but in India it is not poor. Most of the people have job in my contacts, it is better ,You should instead go for microbiology if you are interested .
best wishes.
13th June 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

which has more scope in india & abroad? BSc.biotech or Btech.biotech?
15th June 2011, 02:45 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
i was reading about salaries and scope of biotech on this blog. This guy recommended not to get in to biotech, and i support him. I have two masters in Biotech from USA, one bachelors from INDIA, one Phd from USA, have worked in best indian companies and im a scientist in big shot US company. My recommendation never get in to biotechnology, its not a good field, you cant make money, get into it only when you love to work alone in a lab all the time, and have nothing to do with money as like IT, electronics, finance everyone in biotech can not make money, i would say with my life experience only 1% of people can get settled and 0.1% have job satisfaction. Most of the time you will never see a good result and 99.9% times you will never see an end user's application, its hard to explain all this stuff but basically dont get into biotech, its not a good field to get jobs or to make money and people dream of coming to US, its very difficult and you have to struggle more than you can imagine and not worth it. Also you have to spent very many yrs to reach somewhere even at basic minimal, but generally my experience people dont listen and they do ultimately what they got to do...
16th June 2011, 05:34 PM
sachin6

The scope is huge in india and abroad also. Biotechnology is a great course.
17th June 2011, 02:03 PM
sachin6

Biotechnology is a good course. You do and you have lot of job opporunities in india and abroad.
17th June 2011, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

hi friends...... i m getting biotech in mnr allahbad and electronics in jp noida what should i take?plez help
18th June 2011, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

salaries after complete bio-medical engineering in india&abroad
18th June 2011, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

can i get job wid good salary after completing msc biotech
20th June 2011, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
If u just want to earn money, biotech may not be conducive. At the other hand it is the best if u r really interested in exploring the deeper aspects of bio sciences as well as if u wish to know lovely facts bout plants and animal genes, recombitant DNA etc....... If u really luv these things and if only u hav good innovation and interpretation skills and if u are ready for decades of study and research, beyond a normal post-graduate degree....... or may be if u r ready for doing research in biotech till u get/ discover something cool in biotech then its a best field 4 u! But if u r looking upon biotech as a blooming industry and if u want to seek money in it no 1 can assure u bout the same........ Biotech is only gud for those people who luv it like anything..... But if u want a stable career and job / salary security then better enter pharmacy / medicin...... At least ur career would be stable. As it is the salaries of top-most guys in biotech is not more than 30000 - 40000 rs per month ......... Even a normal clerk in the government office earns a lot more than that!
Totally agreed, i myself have one 4yrs bachelor, 2 Masters BIotech from US, working in this domain from so many yrs, just want to say that i totally agree with your answer. This is not at all a stable field for making money, i wish someone told me this many many yrs ago...
22nd June 2011, 10:41 AM
Unregistered

Biotechnology is good field in science but it has no future scope ,its very danger to choose.
27th June 2011, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

can one go for clinica research after biotechnology
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?