6th February 2011, 04:38 PM
studentmysore

Admission to IITs after low marks in Engineering and good score in GATE? Criteria for admission?

can i get admissions in IIT with low aggregate in engineering but high GATE scores? what is the admission criteria

6th February 2011, 11:07 PM
diego
Banned

Default Re: Admission to IITs after low marks in Engineering and good score in GATE? Criteria for admission?

Well yes
if you have required marks in engineering 60% marks in aggregate(general).you are eligible for almost all colleges and IIT;s
you must be a B.Tech/M.Sc. from a recognized university.
There is no maximum age limit.
Just visit this link on our site and you will get all information about GATE.
http://entrance-exam.net/gate-2009/
Further If you do good in interview your low graduation score will be nullified/
Keep a good explanation ready to explain your low scores.

best of luck
6th February 2011, 11:30 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission to IITs after low marks in Engineering and good score in GATE? Criteria for admission?

there are no minimum marks criterion to take admission in IIT if you have GATE score. after doing good GATE score you have to give one interview to take admission in IIT. GATE score contain 70% and your interview will contain 30%. based on this you will be admitted to master degree or P.hd with the GATE score.

to check the admission criterion visit the website http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/mtech/eara.html this criterion is to take admission to IIT Kharagpur. Admission criterion may vary from IIT to IIT. for admission criterion to one particular IIT visit the website of that particular IIT.

best wishes.
7th February 2011, 01:42 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi...
if you gate an good gate score some were above 600 you will definitely get admission in iit,some iits conduct interview and some provide admission directly on the basis of gate score like IIT madras hence gate score should be your prime focus,
the interview is also not all that tough ,the questions will be mostly based on the field in which you have applied to take admission in
all the best
7th February 2011, 06:29 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

That does not matter if you get low score in engineering.....

only GATE score matters and here you have scored good in GATE...

for the admission criteria visit the official websites of different IITs.
15th February 2011, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

sir how much mark i need to get out of 100 in GET exam a percentile of 96????
24th February 2011, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

i can get 44 marks in gate ece what will be the my rank
2nd March 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I am appeared for GATE2011.
My Branch is mechanical n Catagory OBC.
I may get 500 score.
Plz Suggest me Which IIT or NIT is best for design or Thermal?
Can I get any IIT?
24th August 2011, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

what should be my agreegate score of engg to appear for a GATE exam of a IIT institute?
5th August 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

is aggregate 60% means your overall % in engineering??
5th June 2013, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

I got 45 marks in jee advance,can I take admission in any IIT and i belongs to sc categery
6th July 2013, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

if my aggregate of engg. is below 60%for general ,can i gate admission to IIT for MTech
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?