14th January 2015, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have 60% aggregate throughout all semesters in B.Tech to apply for M.Tech?

respected sir,
currently i am pursuing b.e. in extc. and i wish to do M.Tech in Enviromental engg from any of the IIT offering this course. my query is is it neccessary to have 60% in all semesters or its a aggregate which is considered. am i eligible to take enviromental engg. since i am from extc background. which gate entrance should i give ?
and also could you tell me about the gate pattern as well as how to study for the same ?
regards

15th January 2015, 07:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have 60% aggregate throughout all semesters in B.Tech to apply for M.Tech?

No, it is not necessary to get 60% in all semester for admission in IIT for M.Tech course.

Those candidates who have completed B.Tech are eligible for M.Tech course. But you must have valid GATE score.

Your age should be below 18 years.

M.Tech admission in IIT doesn't require any percentage marks in B.Tech degree.
15th January 2015, 08:50 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have 60% aggregate throughout all semesters in B.Tech to apply for M.Tech?

No, it is not necessary to have 60% in your B.Tech to apply for M.Tech. This is because the engineering institutes consider the score in the entrance exams for admission in M.Tech course. Since you are interested in pursuing M.Tech in IIT, so you need to give GATE and score well in it as the cutoff for IITs is quite high. Apart from the GATE score some IITs also conduct interview as a selection round for admission of students for M.Tech course. However, it is better to have a percentage more than 60% in your B.Tech since it creates a good impression in the minds of the selectors or interviewers.
12th February 2017, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am an ST candidate I got criteria they asked 64 score in gate and my overall percentage in GATE is 54.But in eligibility criteria they asked to get minimum of 55%, so i am I eligible to apply in IIT for mtech please let me know?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?