20th June 2021, 07:17 PM
DurgeshwariD

Admission in MA English is possible after BE? Process and conditions for the same?

Hello, I just finished my BE. But I'm not interested in engineering, I never was.
Can I really take admission for MA in English? Please if someone can elaborate the process or conditions that'll be great help! Thank you!

22nd June 2021, 12:57 PM
ravinayadav259
Senior Member+

Default Re: Admission in MA English is possible after BE? Process and conditions for the same?

Yes you can do MA in English after BE.

Eligibility for MA in English:-

Candidates should have B.A in English or equivalent degree with minimum 50% aggregates marks from a recognised institutes.

Admission Process :-

It is a 2-years MA in English programme is done both on the basis of merit and entrance exam marks. In the entrance exam , the candidates can appear in any national-level, state-level entrance exam and secure valid rank. Based entrance exam score, a counselling process is conducted and after that final allocation of seats is done.

Some colleges/institutes also offer direct admission into the MA in English programme based on qualifying exam scores.
22nd June 2021, 08:16 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in MA English is possible after BE? Process and conditions for the same?

°°° Of course, you can take admission in Master's of Arts in English course after passing your bachelor of engineering course.
The minimum eligibility criteria to take admission in master of arts in English course is graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with minimum 45% marks.

°°° The admission to this course is mainly done on the basis of merit.
Admission is done on the basis of marks secured by the candidate at graduation level.
However, there are some universities which conduct entrance examination for post graduation course.
First you need to decide that where you want to seek admission and then you can look for the admission criteria for that particular University of college and according to you can act.

°°° Universities or colleges:

SRM University

Delhi University

HPU

LPU

IGNOU Delhi

MSY Baroda
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?