10th May 2010, 11:14 AM
tips

Admission procedure and exam dates in interior designing degree course in india?

I would like to know what are the admission requirements and procedure for interior designing courses in india?

And what are the examination dates?

11th May 2010, 04:45 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Admission procedure and exam dates in interior designing degree course in india?

please visit http://www.madrasi.info/interior-designing-courses.html for al the details rgarding interior desgining
29th May 2010, 05:09 PM
danish_ejaz

Default Re: Admission procedure and exam dates in interior designing degree course in india?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tips View Post
I would like to know what are the admission requirements and procedure for interior designing courses in india?

Eligibility for pursuing interior designing

To pursue a five year degree course in interior designing the eligibility criteria is as listed below:

Candidates should have completed their 12th standard with 55% aggregate in Maths, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and English.

To pursue a diploma course in interior designing or to pursue a certificate course in interior designing the eligibility criteria is as listed below:

10th standard is sufficient

Area of specialization in interior designing

Interior decorators: Interior decorators advise on colors to be used, light effects, textures, fabrics and ornamental materials. They also provide advice on the design, furnishings, furniture, and fittings so as to create an attractive and well-designed interior.

Interior designing: Interior designers need to evaluate buildings and structures. They plan electrical circuits and installations, interior space, air conditioning and heating systems, aeration, drainage and water supply.

Exhibition designers: Exhibition designers plan the complete exhibition site; this includes designing the display panels, individual stands, etc.

Theatre and set designers: Theatre and set designers plan the stage decor for film and TV sets.

Window display designers: Window display designers decorate the window space of shops, etc for special occasions, e.g. Diwali displays.

Landscaping and designing based on vaastu or Fengshui principles are other promising fields that an interior designer can look at.

Skills for interior designer

* Imaginative and creative skills

* Practical and technical skills and should be aware of the past and present styles of architecture

* Good communication skills so as to communicate correctly to the builders, electricians and customers

* Management skills

* Self-motivator

* Adept at computer-aided design skills

* Working out a budget

Nature of work

Interior designers plan new buildings as well as old ones that are being renovated or expanded. The job of the interior designer follows the below mentioned sequence:

* Develop a new design or alter the existing one as per the needs of the customer.

* Research the preferred design in terms of weight, cost, size, color, shape, material used, safety, etc.

* After customer approval, handmade or computer aided sketches or diagrams are prepared. In huge projects, meticulous designs are made using the drawings, computer model, structural model, etc.

* Once design is approved by customer, the interior designer uses the same as reference.

Remuneration

Interior design is a field that compensates its people well. Interior designers are paid based on the design they produce. Beginners earn a monthly salary of Rs.5000 to Rs.8000 while experienced designers earn Rs.50, 000 to Rs.75, 000 per month.

Interior designing career prospects

Job prospects are aplenty for interior designers. Interior designers can find jobs with builders, hospitals, architects, exhibition organizers, public works department, hotels, studios, theaters, etc. They can also set up their own business or work part time. Interior designing offers the option of operating with minimal investment and for operating from home.

List of institutions offering interior designing course in India

Ahmedabad

The school of Interior design, CEPT, Ahmedabad

New Delhi

* Apeejay Institute of Design (Affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar) - New Delhi

* South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, New Delhi

Mumbai

* Exteriors-Interiors (in association with Jensen & Nicholson conducts courses in Computer Aided Interior Design) EDIT Institute, Mumbai, this institute has branches in

* Bangalore, Calcutta, Chennai, Calicut, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kochi and Pune

* Rachna Sansa, School of Interior Design, Mumbai

* SNDT Women's University, Mumbai

* Sophia College B.K. Somani Polytechnic, Mumbai

* Nirmala Niketan College of home science, Mumbai

* J.J School of Arts, Mumbai

Calcutta

* Anima Institute of Fashion, Calcutta
* Birla Institute of Liberal Arts and Management Sciences, Calcutta

Bangalore

SrishtiSchool of art, design and technology, Bangalore

Chennai

College of Art & Design (affiliated to University of Madras), Aminjikarai, Chennai

Coimbatore

Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science & Higher Education for Women, Coimbatore

Mangalore

* Karavali College, (Affiliated to Mangalore University), Mangalore
* Shree Devi College of Interior Design, Mangalore
22nd June 2010, 08:44 AM
murali009

hi...
follow these links....
http://www.winentrance.com/career_courses/Interior-Designing2.html

http://www.sdps.edu.in/admission.html
22nd June 2010, 08:47 AM
murali009

hi...follow these links......
http://www.winentrance.com/career_courses/Interior-Designing.html
http://www.sdps.edu.in/admission.html
22nd June 2010, 11:12 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:

Hi
If you want to join five years degree course in interior designing then you have to 12th pass with 55% aggregate in maths, biology, physics, chemistry, english.

I give you some name of institution.
Apeejay Institute of Design (Affiliated to Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar) - New Delhi
South Delhi Polytechnic for Women, New Delhi
SrishtiSchool of art, design and technology, Bangalore
College of Art & Design (affiliated to University of Madras), Aminjikarai, Chennai

For all this institution you have to check their official site for addmission.
Good luck
30th July 2010, 02:12 AM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hello friend
For interior designing One should be creative and imaginative enough to design and formulate new ideas and put them into implementation.

The dates are yet not announced so wait for a while...

Some of the good institutions for interior designing are ,

1.Apeejay Institute of Design,New Delhi

2.College of Art & Design,Aminjikarai, Chennai etc.....

All the best..
5th August 2010, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

I Would like to know that if a person is graduate and wants to do interior designing, whether he will be eligible for the mentioned course or not.if allowed then what are certificates required?

Thanks & Regards,
Vishal.
22nd March 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

I HAVE PASSED 12th STD EXAMINATION IN COMMERCE FIELD. CAN I APPLY FOR INTERIOR DESIGNING COURSE?
17th May 2011, 04:39 PM
SonalSinghal

hi Dear,

Number of institutes are available like dia, idc, sai school of interior design, jj school of arts, wlic, jims etc that are providing Interior Designing. You can join any of these as per your choice. Admissions are started in every institute. apply soon and get your seat reserved soon. Check out the website http://www.diaindia.co.in/, you will get all essential details there.

thanks,
27th May 2011, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

what are the admission process for interior designing & is it compalsory to give enterance exam plz reply
16th August 2011, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

pls tell me what is the fees for doing diploma in interior designing??
17th September 2011, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

i m doing 12 from commerce stream. i want to do interior designing. can i apply for the interior designing course next year
28th September 2011, 07:30 PM
anjali pitoda

Question Re: Admission procedure and exam dates in interior designing degree course in india?

Quote:

and i want to know is i am able to take addmission in 2nd year.
14th October 2011, 01:00 AM
Unregistered

CAN COMMERCE STUDENT CAN APPLY IN INTERIOR DESIGNING
14th December 2011, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

I am bachlor of science (non-medical). i want to get admission in a regular interior designing course . please tell me that how i can apply for this and when the entrance exams takes place.
4th April 2012, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

is it maths necessary for interior design?
1st June 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Can i know the fee of interior desing ?? And i got only 52% in 12th commerce so can i get Admission ???
6th June 2012, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

what is the admission process?Plz send me reply via mobile
9th September 2012, 05:36 PM
Unregistered

I have compeleted my intermediate with 66% from CBSE board and 70% from NIOS board with Physics,Chemistry,Maths,English and Fine arts. Can i take admission in interior designing? If yes, then how and when can i apply? Pls suggest some good colleges and institutes in kolkata,delhi and agra and their courses available with the fee structure,course duration and opportunities to get a good salary by this job.
31st October 2012, 01:54 PM
manas.1989

Hello friend
For interior designing One should be creative and imaginative enough to design and formulate new ideas and put them into implementation.

The dates are yet not announced so wait for a while...

Some of the good institutions for interior designing are ,

1.Apeejay Institute of Design,New Delhi

2.College of Art & Design,Aminjikarai, Chennai etc.....
25th May 2013, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th class with physics,chemistry and maths. i want to make my career in interior designing?
what is the prosedure of admission? plz reply..
30th June 2013, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my 12th class with physics,chemistry and maths. i want to make my career in interior designing?
what is the prosedure of admission? plz reply me on my [email protected] or Mobile no-7858955794
please reply as soon as. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?