27th October 2011, 02:14 AM
gurio

Can I join in Indian Army being a candidate at an age of 20 years and pursuing 11th standard?

sir i am 20 and due to un favourable conditions i am still in 11th..can i join indian army???

27th October 2011, 03:23 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join in Indian Army being a candidate at an age of 20 years and pursuing 11th standard?

Hello friend,
To get into the Indian Army as an officer, you must have completed your +2 level of studies and qualified the exam. This is the minimum qualification required to write the NDA exam conducted by the union public service commission. Since, the maximum age limit to appear for the exam is 19 years, you are not eligible for it.
However, you may join as an officer after completion of your graduation too. To do so, you'll have to qualify combined defense service exam, conducted by union public service commission. To be eligible for it, you must not be over 24 years of age.
27th October 2011, 08:59 PM
Fraction Down

Default Re: Can I join in Indian Army being a candidate at an age of 20 years and pursuing 11th standard?

dear friend,

Eligibility for Indian Army :-

1) 10+2 (Through NDA)

You have to take an entry level exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to join NDA (National Defence Academy).
Eligibility for UPSC exam :-
a) Sex :- Male.
b) Age Limit :- Between 16 1/2 and 19.

Application Forms are published in leading
newspapers during March /April.

The UPSC (NDA) exam is conducted twice a year (April and October)in all major cities throughout India.

Each year course start twice January and July.

UPSC (NDA) Syllabus is based on CBSE syllabus.

After clearing the written exam you have to go through a five-day interview process with the State Selection Board (SSB) which is the final step .

On completion of the NDA course, you are sent to the respective service academies for your pre- commission training.

2) Engineering Graduates (Direct Entry)

Engineering graduate can join the Indian Military Academy directly.

So, you only need to attend the Service Selection Board (SSB) interview.

Eligibility :-
Age Limit :- Between 20-27 years at the time of joining.

The course starts every year in the month of January and July.
Advertisement of the application form published in March/April & Oct./Nov in employment newspaper.

You can apply directly to the following address :-

Addl. Directorate General of Recruiting (TGC), Army HQ, West Block III, RK Puram, New Delhi -110066

best of luck.
21st December 2011, 07:39 PM
jeo-rocks

SORRY DEAR,YOU ARE NOT APPLICABLE FOR INDIAN ARMY.

because firstly you should complete your 12th class or appearing, for joining Indian army.

but don,t worry if you want go in Indian army then after completing 12th class you go for graduation.and after completion of graduation you apply for CDS EXAM.
CDS exam is conducted by UPSE and it is held one time in a year.

eligibility-

Educational Qualification-Degree or equivalent at the time of joining the course

Age at the time of joining 19-25 yrs.

Month of Commence-ment of Course Each year Apr and Oct/Nov.

Mode of Selection CDSE conducted by UPSC and SSB interview.

Apply in response toadvertisement during Apr & Oct.

thanks
29th January 2012, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army being a candidate
with an age of 21 years and failed in 12th
class?
29th January 2012, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army being a candidate
with an age of 21 years and failed in 12th
class?
6th February 2012, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

how many percent should be for the army officer in class 12th
10th March 2012, 04:48 AM
Unregistered

i m an indian army serving person at or's rank of age 29.i had done 12th from nios past year(2011) with sub-phy,chem but not mathematics while comp sub was there in place of math.may i have any chance to give an exam for indian army as an officer.
24th April 2012, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

i join army last year2011 sep.my trade skt but cource not complit but i want officer rank.so plz info me some exam on for officer rank.
20th July 2012, 10:22 PM
lithin varghese abraham

sir iam a diploma student in mechanical tool and die .i want to join air force
30th June 2013, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

it is compulsory to give nda exam twice in year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?