22nd January 2012, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

After completing B.Tech in Civil should I do M.Tech in civil engineering?

should i do,, m.tech in civil engg,, after completed b.tech from civil,, thank you,

Related Questions:
  1. How to do B.Tech in civil engineering after completing diploma in civil engineering?
  2. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  3. How should I aim to become a talented Civil Engineering after completing Civil Engineering? Which courses do I need to take up after Civil Engineering?
  4. Is it possible to take M.Tech Civil engineering after doing B.Tech in ECE?
  5. How to take M.Tech in Structural Engineering after completing B.Tech in Civil? List of the colleges or universities?
  6. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer? -- [New]
  7. Which is better for me after B.Tech Civil Engineering between M.Tech and MBA? Which branch is preferable for me in M.Tech? Scope of job after B.Tech or M.Tech or MBA?
  8. Any M.Tech courses in Civil Engineering in JNU?
  9. What is the qualification needed to become CBI officer after completing B.Tech in Civil Engineering?
  10. How may I do MS in Germany after completing B.Tech in civil engineering?
  11. Top colleges providing M.Tech Biotech through GATE? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  13. Institutes offering M.Tech Metallurgy in Distance Education mode in India?
  14. Study material for preparation for GATE exam? Any free online test series?
  15. can i get admitted in M.E or M.Tech in West Bengal after completing BSc in civil engineering from Bangladesh
  16. Which types of books should be referred for Maths in IAS exam?
  17. Which are the good colleges for M.Tech in any trade of electronics?
  18. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
22nd January 2012, 09:12 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After completing B.Tech in Civil should I do M.Tech in civil engineering?

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can go for M.tech course in civil engineering after completion of B.tech course in civil engineering..

For that you have to appear in GATE exam.. After qualifying in GATE exam you can join in M.tech course..

So go for GATE exam..

Eligibility for GATE exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in fields like- B.tech/BE/B.Arch
Or,
Candidate has to complete the post graduation in fields like-MBA/MCA/M.Sc.

2.Final year candidates can also apply for GATE exam..

3.No age limit.

4.No number of attempts restriction..

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.

All the best.
22nd January 2012, 09:17 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After completing B.Tech in Civil should I do M.Tech in civil engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
should i do,, m.tech in civil engg,, after completed b.tech from civil,, thank you,
Dear Friend,

Off course you can do M.Tech in Civil after doing B.Tech in Civil. The eligibility criteria is as follows......

Eligibility Criteria

Students aiming for a course in M.Tech in civil engineering must have earned their bachelors degree by studying B.Tech in civil engineering from any of the institutions under any of the universities.

Best Places to Pursue:

Indian Institute of Technology

National Institute of Technology

Jadavpur University, Kolkata

Manipal University

Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore

Anna University
22nd January 2012, 10:08 PM
poisondart
Member+

Quote:
You can do masters but from the point of view of getting a good job, yould should prefer MBA.

MBA is a general broad degree covering a wide variety of business issues and training students for careers in managing any area of business up to CEO. MBA students study accounting, finance, marketing, statistics, management, economics, strategy, policy, leadership and similar courses. The MBA was developed because people with technical backgrounds getting promoted into management are not always able to manage, and people in management often don't understand the technical fields they manage. That's why MBA programs prefer students with degrees in other than business and with 2-4 years of work experience. Their graduates learn to manage and can speak the language of the people they manage, whether that is engineering, chemistry, medicine, music, or any other field.

Regards!
23rd January 2012, 06:09 PM
rkexam

Quote:
Yes of course you have to do M.Tech in civil Engineering, Because there is good scope in it and Having a Master degree is enough to get any good job.To do M.Tech you Have to give the GATE Exam With Civil Engineering.

About GATE in CIVIL engineering

The GATE CIVIL ENGINEERING PAPER is of three hours duration. The paper code is CE and it contains 65 questions all of which are multiple choice types. The questions have four alternative options but only one of them is correct. The details of the questions are given below:

Question 1- Question 25: 1 mark. Negative marking: 1/3 mark.

Question 26- Question 55: 1 mark. Negative marking: 2/3 mark.

Question 48- question 51: common data questions. Negative marking: 2/3 mark.

Question pair 52 and 53 and question pair 54 and 55 are known as linked questions. The first answer is the basis of the second answer.

Eligibility For GATE:-

--> Graduated from any authorised college or University

--> Age Limit- No age limit

How to Apply:-

To apply for Gate simply Go to-

Gate.iitm.ac.in
15th February 2012, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

sir i m studying cse but interrested on civil wt do sir plese reply me plzzzzz........
15th February 2012, 11:08 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear

After complete your B.Tech in Civil Then you admission in M.tech on same subject...

There is no problems on this.........

Best colleges for this:-

Good Luck...........
11th March 2012, 02:00 PM
sujukisamurai
Senior Member+

GATE is of three hours duration. The paper code is CE and it contains 65 questions all of which are multiple choice types. The questions have four alternative options but only one of them is correct. The details of the questions are given below:
Question 1- Question 25: 1 mark. Negative marking: 1/3 mark.
Question 26- Question 55: 1 mark. Negative marking: 2/3 mark.
MBA students study accounting, finance, marketing, statistics, management, economics, strategy, policy, leadership and similar courses. The MBA was developed because people with technical backgrounds getting promoted into management are not always able to manage, and people in management often don't understand the technical fields they manage. That's why MBA programs prefer students with degrees in other than business and with 2-4 years of work experience.
14th March 2012, 02:59 PM
anusha.chittoor

hai,
Doing or not doing the M.tech will be based on the following cases;
first thing is your interest,
second thing is your finance status .(if your family doesnt require your support after B.tech by doing job then you can go for M.Tech)if your family needs the support then go for the job you can do M.tech later .
1st January 2013, 08:07 AM
Unregistered

I am doing my Btech in civil engineering,i have interest in interior designing and architecture also. Is it a wise decision to go for a course of architecture and is it possible to have a good career after doing so? May i have the suggestions, thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?