27th May 2011, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

After M.Com how can I do Law course?

Hi,

I am a Commerce Post Graduate (M.Com) and I am thinking of doing a LAW course so can you advice .

26th October 2011, 07:56 AM
chandni kumari 26

Smile Re: After M.Com how can I do Law course?

Hi,
Minimum eligibility for doing law is 10+2.you wrote that you qualify your M.com.so ,you can do your law because i think that you have appropriate degree for it .doesn't matter here you are a commerce student.
Best of luck.
10th June 2012, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: After M.Com how can I do Law course?

iam completed my m.com and now can i study law?how many years for me?
22nd February 2013, 08:46 PM
kshreyaa
Senior Member+

M.Com: If Accountancy and Mercantile law interest you and you and you want to see yourself as the Chief Accountant of a firm at some point of time, then M.Com is definitely what you should opt for after B.Com.

M.Com is a PG course that would also let you venture in to other professional courses like ICWA, CA, CS, etc. simultaneously as it has very few hours of fixed classes and a syllabus that is similar to such professional courses. Besides this, it is also very easy on your pocket.

M.A. (Economics): If you loved Economics during your B.Com and can relate most of the business strategies to economic graphs, then a Master’s Degree in Economics after B.Com is apt for you.

As a Master of Economics you would have to deal in detail with Public Economics and Business economics along with mathematics and econometrics. A sound knowledge of economics will have you working as a Business Analyst or a Market Analyst wherein you would factor the economic impact of various happenings on a particular business or strategy.

CA (Chartered Accountant): Chartered Accountants are in high demand. The high salary commanded by CA’s and the prestige of holding the degree has fueled the growth in the number of people who aspire to become chartered accountants.

CA’s are regulated by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. They award the degree as well as conduct examinations. To get membership in ICAI, you need to complete 3.5 years of apprenticeship, pass CPT (Common Proficiency Test), PCE as well as the final examinations along with the computer training and IT certification course.

Some of the works CA’s are involved with are

Accountancy
Auditing
Cost accountancy
Taxation
Investigation
Consultancy

CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst): A CFA analyzes finances for one or more of their clients. They also need to advice clients on budgeting, investing, and so on.

There are two types of CFA’s- US CFA as well as the Indian CFA. The Indian CFA has less value compared to its US counterpart as banks and other organizations which deals with finances tend to hire US CFA’s. You can read more about CFA by clicking here.

Cost Accountant: Cost Accountants are usually responsible for analyzing the costs associated with production and distribution in a company. The work can be simple (for very small businesses with relatively straight forward costs) as well as highly complex (for businesses with multiple offices, products, distribution channels and so on).

If you want to pursue a career as a cost accountant, then you’ll need to complete the Cost and Works Accountancy (CWA) course from The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICWA).

CS (Company Secretary): As a company secretary, you’d be involved with helping the board members, general administration of the organization, corporate governance and sometimes even legal aspects.

Companies with paid up capital of 50 lakhs or more require a company secretary. To become a CS, you need to complete the foundation, intermediate and final course as laid out by The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI).

If you want to venture out on your own, you can become a CFP (Certified Financial Planner) as well

Remember that whenever you choose a PG after B.Com, you do it for the right reasons such as interests and strengths; and not for scope and popularity.
10th June 2013, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

I am complited m.com.i want to do law in income tax.what should i do?
22nd October 2014, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

i am completed m.com so i want to study law.the process will not know. pl tell me the advice
20th October 2020, 01:07 AM
Unregistered

I'm pursuing M. Com what should I do .. So, I can earn 30000 per month
10th December 2020, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

I am completed m.com i want to do law .. what should i do ?
27th February 2021, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

I completed my PG. I think to do LAW what govt. Job after LAW
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?