12th May 2016, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for DUMET?

Sir/mam I am student of bsc Biotechnology final year and I am completed my 10th and 12th from cbse board but my residential address is in Uttar Pradesh. So, can I give the test of DUMET

12th May 2016, 08:39 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for DUMET?

Yes, You are eligible for the entrance exam of DUMET because the minimum educational criteria to seat in DUMET is to have 12th qualification with minimum 50%.

Basic eligibility for DUMET

1- Candidates appearing for the DUMET exam must have a pass in class 12 with a strong background in the science discipline.

2- The schools in which they have finished their 12th education must be located within the national territory of Delhi.

3- Candidates must have scored above 50% marks (40% marks for children of the reserved categories).
12th May 2016, 10:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria required to appear in DUMET is given below:

A candidate must have passed class 12th from science stream. The school from where they have completed their education must be located in the Territory of Delhi. The candidate must have scored above 50% marks for general category and 40% for reserved categories. So if you have completed your schooling from Delhi only then you are eligible otherwise you are not eligible.
12th May 2016, 10:39 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to appear in DUMET:

Candidate appearing for the D U M E T exam must have passed class 12th for a recognised board and the schools must be located in Delhi. They must have learned English language as one of the topics.

Candidates must have scored above 50% marks.
12th May 2016, 11:38 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

DU MET stands for Delhi University Medical Entrance Test for dental courses. Supreme court in its latest decision as said that no state level entrance examination will conducted for admission in medical courses.

1. The only examination that will be conducted is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. DU MET will not be conducted. Admission will be done on basis of NEET rank.

You are eligible for admission being a resident of Uttar Pradesh.
13th May 2016, 03:03 AM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/mam I am student of bsc Biotechnology final year and I am completed my 10th and 12th from cbse board but my residential address is in Uttar Pradesh. So, can I give the test of DUMET
DUMET stands for Delhi University Medical Entrance Test, it provides degree in masters which is strictly only for those students who is resident of delhi. Outside of delhi students are not allowed to pursue DUMET.
I Hope you understand.
13th May 2016, 10:52 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You are a resident of Uttar Pradesh, so you are not eligible for DUMET exam.

Only those candidates who are residents of Delhi can apply for DUMET exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with PCB are eligible for DUMET entrance exam.
13th May 2016, 12:05 PM
sarika1993

No. You are not eligible for DUMET as your residence is not in delhi.

DUMET Eligibility
- Your resident should be in delhi.
- You should have passed Intermediate with PCB as a main subjects with at least 50%.
- Your age should be between 17 to 25 years on 31st December of the examination year.

Exam Pattern
- Physics & Chemistry : 600 Marks (2.5 hours)
- Zoology and Botany : 600 Marks (2.5 hours)

DUMET Important Dates
- Starting of Registration : December Starting
- Last Date of Application : Ending of December
- Downloading Admit cards : April month
- DUMET Exam : May month
- Result Announcement : June month
13th May 2016, 06:43 PM
monu2681992

Yes, you can give your test for DUMET irrespective of the residential address, but make sure that you have to give your test on the mentioned test center only.
And the test center address will be mentioned on the hall ticket or the admit card.

And this is based on your preferred selection of the center in the given option list.
So, you need not to worry all about these things.
Just give the examination and that is it.
13th May 2016, 07:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you will not be permitted to sit for DUMET.

DUMET stands for Delhi University Medical Entrance Test.

Delhi University conducts DUMET on behalf of Delhi Government.

Eligibility Criteria for DUMET are as under :

-The candidate must be domicile of Delhi. Candidates belonging to other states are not permitted.

-The candidate should have passed 12th Class under the 10+2 Scheme from a recognized University/ Board of any Indian State.

-The candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology as subjects in 12th class.

-The candidate must have secured above 50% (40% for reserved categories) marks.

-The candidate who have pursued graduation from recognized colleges or universities approved by Delhi government and any other government are eligible for admission.

- The candidate minimum age should be at least 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?