1st January 2013, 09:28 PM
Jennifer2608179

Am i eligible to appear for IAS exam? I am a graduate from Manav Bharti University

1)Born in 1979,S/T.Am I eligible to appear for IAS Exam of 2013.

2)Graduate from Manav Bharti University-2012,BCA.

3)How many months do I need to prepare to be an IAS Topper.

5th April 2013, 12:28 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear for IAS exam? I am a graduate from Manav Bharti University

Graduation from any of the recognized University is the basic qualification for IAS. As Manav Bharti University is UGC approved, you can apply for the test. Upper age limit is 30 years. SC/ST candidates can have 5 year age relaxation. Time required for studies varies with person and at least 3 months is required for studies.
12th April 2015, 11:22 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear for IAS exam? I am a graduate from Manav Bharti University

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer2608179 View Post
1)Born in 1979,S/T.Am I eligible to appear for IAS Exam of 2013.

2)Graduate from Manav Bharti University-2012,BCA.

3)How many months do I need to prepare to be an IAS Topper.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

This is one of the civil services exam and is a part of UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) exams. To apply for this exam there are qualifications which are needed to be satisfied.

Nationality:

~ Candidate should have a citizenship in India

Age Limit:

~ For General category candidate it is 21-30 years.

~ For SC/ST it is 21-35 years

~ For OBC it is 21-33 years

Educational Qualification:

~ The educational qualification states that the candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the IAS exam. Candidates are selected through:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

For more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th April 2015, 07:43 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS exam becuse you have completed Graduation degree.

If you apply IAS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

UPSC conducted IAS exam under Civil Services exam in every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age limit:-

For General category candidates age should be between 21 years to 30 years.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.
13th April 2015, 09:54 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

Yes Manav bharti university is a recognized so that you can apply for I.A.S. after passing the graduation from this university where the eligibility criteria for the I.A.S. is -

>> Candidate should must be and Indian citizen.

>> Should also qualify the graduate from any stream and also appearing candidates in final year also can apply.

>> Should not have any backlogs in graduation.And should be medically fit.

>> Candidate should fall in the age group of 21-30 years and relaxation is according to government rule is 3 years for OBC and 5 years for the SC/ST.

After fulfilling these all conditions candidate have to qualify the written exam where pattern of exam is-

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Personal interview

NOTE- For further inquiry you can check its personal website- WWW.UPSC.gov.in
13th April 2015, 03:23 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to sit for IAS exam after completion of graduation from Manav Bharti University because it is a recognized university by UGC.

UPSC conducts civil services exam every year in order to recruit personnel to the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
13th April 2015, 11:28 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

Yes,you are eligible for IAS exam.

Educational Qualification

You must hold any degree in any discipline from any recognized university.

Number of attempts permitted

General Category 4
OBC 7
Physically Handicapped 7
SC & ST No limit on number of attempts

Age Limit

General Category 30 years
Other Backward Classes (OBC) 33 years
Scheduled Tribes / Scheduled Tribes 35 years
blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped persons 40 years

Exam levels

>>Preliminary exam
>>Mains exam
>>Interview

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?