23rd September 2011, 03:20 PM
mishi555us

Is a married woman eligible for IAS exam? What's the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I have done MCA and M.Sc(IT)

im a married woman & im very much interested in giving I.A.S. exam. I want to know if im eligible for it. I have done MCA & M.Sc.IT my date of birth is
14-May-1980. I shall be very thankful to u if u could provide me the wright guidence

8th March 2012, 05:34 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a married woman eligible for IAS exam? What's the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I have done MCA and M.Sc(IT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishi555us View Post
im a married woman & im very much interested in giving I.A.S. exam. I want to know if im eligible for it. I have done MCA & M.Sc.IT my date of birth is
14-May-1980. I shall be very thankful to u if u could provide me the wright guidence
A married women is definitely eligible to apply for the Civil Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission, provided the aspirant fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
  • Must hold a bachelors degree of a recognized university in any discipline apart from Fine Arts.
  • The minimum eligible age is 21 years.
  • The maximum age limit is as follows:
General Category - 30 years
Sc/St Category - 35 years
OBC Category - 33 years

For further information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
29th August 2013, 04:49 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is a married woman eligible for IAS exam? What's the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I have done MCA and M.Sc(IT)

Any Indian citizen, irrespective of married or unmarried, can apply for civil services. Graduation is enough to apply. Degree should be obtained in any of the subjects. Age of the applicant should be less than 30 years. OBC and SC/ST candidates given with 3 year and 5 year age relaxation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?