24th June 2011, 09:17 PM
pratiksha makade

How to prepare for IAS entrance test after studying for B.E 2nd year in electronics and telecommunication?

hi friends, I studying B.E. second year in electronics & telecommunication .i wanna to prepare for I.A.S .so, please suggest me how to prepare for this exam by pratiksha

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for IAS? I am studying B.Tech 2nd year
  2. How to prepare for IAS exam? I am a 2nd year student have electronics and telecommunication
  3. How to work in NASA while studying in 2nd year electronics and telecommunication diploma
  4. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam while in B.E 1st year? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year
  6. What is the syllabus of written test for placement in BSNL? I am studying in last year of electronics and telecommunication engineering
  7. How to prepare for IAS exam after studying B.E in 2nd year
  8. How can I prepare for IAS exam? I am studying B.E 2nd year
  9. How to prepare for IAS exam? I am studying in B.Com 2nd year
  10. How to become an IAS Officer being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year ECE?
  11. Best course after completing diploma in Electronics and telecommunication? -- [New]
  12. What can I do to get into Robotics having passed Diploma in Electronics & Telecommunication and pursuing 2nd year of BE in Electronics & Telecommunication?
  13. How to do Aviation in Telecommunication Engineering after passing 2nd year diploma ECE
  14. Is it possible to do sound engineering after completing degree in electronics and telecommunication
  15. How to prepare for OAS exam after completing B.Tech in electronics and telecommunication? Procedure to prepare for it?
  16. How to become an IAS officer after studying B.Tech 2nd year in KL University
  17. How to enter in 2nd year in Mechanical Engineering after finishing diploma in electronics and telecommunication?
  18. How to prepare for IAS entrance exam? I am doing inter 2nd year
10th April 2015, 11:11 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS entrance test after studying for B.E 2nd year in electronics and telecommunication?

An early decision about career goal plays a vital role in getting success. Its good that you have decided right in second year of Bachelor's degree in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering that you want become Indian Administrative Officer.

Brief details about IAS entrance test:

Union Public Service Commission conducts entrance test for the different services like IAS, IFS, IPS etc. The entrance exam is called Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in any stream or discipline from a recognized university can apply for the exam. Even final year candidates of bachelor's degree can appear for this exam.

The age limit is 21-30 years. Upper age limit relaxed for reserved categories.

So, you will be eligible for this exam in final year of engineering. So you have two year left for preparation this exam.

Two years preparation is enough for cracking this exam.

Preparation strategy:

1. The basic fundamental books for General studies preparation is NCERT books of Science and Social Science that included Geography, Political Science, Economics etc .

Try to read these books from class 6th to 10+2. Make a clear concept of each and every topic.

2. Reading newspapers make you updated with recent happenings. So making a habit of reading newspapers and making notes of science and technology page.

3. Work on Aptitude, vocabulary and english grammar as it will help you in Civil Services Aptitude test.

4. Revision of whatever you have read at frequent intervals is necessary. So read less but revise what have you read more and more.

5. Work on particular schedule and routine, assign timing slots to different subjects for preparation. Never lose heart, always be self motivated that you can crack this exam.

For any more details, you can visit www.upsc.gov.in.
12th April 2015, 11:29 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to prepare for IAS entrance test after studying for B.E 2nd year in electronics and telecommunication?

The entrance test for Indian Administrative Services is Civil Services examination.

It is one of the toughest exam of India. So to crack this exam you must labour hard, have strong determination, dedication and devotion towards your goal.

Right now you are in second year of Electronics and telecommunication engineering, so you have two years left for preparation as in final year you can appear for the Civil Service examination.

~~Start reading newspapers so that you remain updated with recent happening through India and World.

~~You must become all rounder that having knowledge in all field in order to crack this exam.

~~Start reading the basic NCERT books for civics, geography, economics and history right from class sixth to 10+2.

>> You should focus on English Grammar, vocabulary, aptitude etc.

Never lose your confidence as self confidence plays a vital role in clearing this entrance exam.
13th April 2015, 10:02 AM
kkghorla
Senior Member+

If you are appearing in B.E. then i would like to suggest you that you should concentrate on your B.tech fully and make clear the concepts of your all subjects and perfect in basics of your stream.

To be prepare for the civil service it is important that you have to make preparation from now and choose the main subjects of your B.E. i am saying it because some candidates from science stream when prepare for civil service they take main subjects from arts that is then tough to prepare a new subjects so make grip from now in your subjects so that in future you can do it easily.

One more important thing after this will for you that you could be qualified for I.E.S.(Indian Engineering services) that is also equal to I.A.S.

Eligibility for I.A.S. is-

>> Candidate to be indian citizen and graduate.

>> Age limit is 21-30 years.

>> Relaxation is given 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.
13th April 2015, 11:22 PM
gopalasamudrum
Senior Member+

The best book that you can refer for your preparation for IAS exam is,

IAS exam is one of the toughest exams to crack. So, prepare for the exam seriously.

To know about latest notifications : upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?