22nd June 2017, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for IBPS exam after serving 17 years in Indian Army?

I am serving In Indian Army and am of 35 years of age. I completed 17 yrs of service. I am graduate and I want to appear in IBPS. I wanted to know whether I am eligible for the same and for what trade can I apply for. Moreover I would also like to know the scale of the posts where I am eligible for?

29th June 2017, 12:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IBPS exam after serving 17 years in Indian Army?

The full form of IBPS is Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection. IBPS conducts competitive written examination for clerk and Probationary officer.

Age limit for clerk is 20-28 years.

Age limit for Probationary officer: 20-30 years

There is three years upper age relaxation for OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

If you meet age criteria for any post under IBPS then you can apply for either clerk or Probationary offer. However, you are not eligible for clerical post.
30th June 2017, 07:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IBPS exam after serving 17 years in Indian Army?

IBPS stands for Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection. IBPS conducts Common written examination for post of Clerk and Probationary officer. The age limit for clerk is 20-28 years and that for Probationary officer is 20-30 years. Even if you belong to reserved category, you will not be eligible for IBPS examination as you are already of 35 years of age.

You can not apply for IBPS entrance examination because of crossing upper age limit for this examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?