18th September 2012, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to appear for NET exam? I am studying 1st year MSc general chemistry

am studying 1st year MSc general chemistry. am i able to appear for net exam now?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for NET exam after studying MSc 1st year Microbiology
  2. How can I do MSc 2nd year after doing MSc Chemistry 1st year from college under Punjab University
  3. Am I eligible for SET or NET exam after studying MSc IT in Information Technology
  4. How to do Ph.D after studying in MSc Organic Chemistry
  5. Am I eligible for MSc Psychology?
  6. Can I do M.Tech while studying 2nd year MSc in general chemistry?
  7. How can I take admission for MSc in pharmaceutical chemistry? I am studying in BSc final year with chemistry honors
  8. Is there any specialization in commerce in NET for MBA? I am studying in 1st year M.Com
  9. Which are the coaching centers for NET entrance exam? I am doing MSc in Chemistry
  10. Am I eligible for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry course through correspondence?
  11. Top colleges for M.Sc Chemistry for a student of B.Sc 1st year?
  12. Details about MSc Bio Chemistry entrance exam for Bangalore University? I am studying in BSc final year
  13. Am I eligible to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc in Chemistry from distance education -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am i eligible to appear for GATE exam after scoring 54% marks in MSc in Chemistry from Vidyasagar University
  15. Can I apply for NET exam while studying MSc final year software engineering
  16. How to get admission into MSc in pharmaceutical chemistry? I am a BSc final year student with chemistry honors
  17. Am i eligible to appear for CSIR NET exam after finishing MSc Chemistry in correspondence mode?
  18. Eligibility to appear in CSIR-NET if had a backlog and secured 69% in M.Sc(Chemistry)? -- [New]
3rd March 2013, 10:53 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear for NET exam? I am studying 1st year MSc general chemistry

hi,

The National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national level entrance exam conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC)) for postgraduate students.This exam is conducted to determine the eligibity of lecturership.

UGC conducts the NET exam twice in a year, once in the month of june and second time in the month of December.

Eligibility:-
~You should have post graduation degree. It could be in any stream but from a university recognized by the University Grants Commission.
~Your percentage in PG course should be at least 55 percent.
~Reserve category students are eligible for 5 percent relaxation as made mandatory by central government.
~Final year students of master course may also apply.
~There is no age limit for Lectureship.
~You can appear for NET Exam as many times as you like.

Good Luck!!
4th March 2013, 10:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to appear for NET exam? I am studying 1st year MSc general chemistry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
am studying 1st year MSc general chemistry. am i able to appear for net exam now?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by the University Grants Commission .

This exam is conduct for -

1)JRF
2)Lectureship post
3)PHD admission

Those candidate have completed masters degree from recognized university are eligible for NET exam but their is also some marks criteria.For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55% above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

You are 1st year student of M.Sc degree in Chemistry so now you are not applicable for NET Exam but when you are in 2nd year of your masters degree you are applicable for NET Exam,.

Age criteria for NET Exam:-

i) Junior Research Fellowship : Not more than 28 years . Age relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC / ST / PWD / OBC .

ii) Lectureship : There is no upper age limit .

Pattern for NET Exam:-

From this year the all paper are consist of multiple type Question.Each Question contain 2 marks.All papers have not any negative marking.But the overall cut off will be increased .

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in
4th March 2013, 06:32 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for NET examination at present time.

UGC conducts NET examination every year for the posts of JRF(Junior Research Fellowship) and Lectureship.

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in any discipline with 55% marks from any approved university.

* 50% marks required for SC/ST contendors.

* Final year contendors are also eligible for this examination.

* Age limit:- 21-28 yrs for JRF; and no age limit for Lectureship.

* Age relaxation:- 5 yrs for SC/ST, OBC, and PWD contendors.

* Nationality:- Indian.

NET examination pattern:-

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.
4th March 2013, 10:39 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

NET-National Eligibility Test, This exam is conducted by the University Grants Commission yearly twice i.e june and december. Now you are in 1st year M.Sc so you are not eligible for NET exam the person who are persuing final year Master's degree or who completes it will be eligible.

Eligibility details:-

The applicant should be complete Master's graduation with atleast 55% of marks from a recognised university.

Final year persuing students also eligible.

For SC/ST category candidates 5%of marks relaxation.

Candidate should be a citizen of India.

Age details:-

The age limits for Junior Research Fellowship are 19 years to 28 years.

Relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years SC/ST candidates.

For Lectureship are there is no age limitations for Lectureship.

Exam pattern:-

[IMG][/IMG]

More information about NET exam CLICK HERE

All the best.
5th March 2013, 10:58 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NET Stands for National Eligibility Test

NET Conducted for Two Post:

1. Junior Research Fellowship
  2. Lectureship

Yes, But First of all you have to complete your master then and only then you are eligible for it...

A candidate who have completed their Post Graduation degree/Master Degree in any field are eligible for applying this Examination.....

There is no any Age Criteria for applying Lectureship Post

But for Junior Research Fellowship Post age not Exist 28 years this exam.....

Nationality of candidate must be INDIAN.....

Click Here

All the best

With Regards.......
Dharm
5th March 2013, 11:55 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible at least for now to appear in National Eligibility Test. The requirement criteria say that candidate can apply if he is in final year of post graduation.

While you are in the first year therefore that makes you ineligible as for now. Even in final year please ensure that you are meeting the percentage criteria in post graduation degree before applying for the National Eligibility Test.

If you completed the NET entrance exam and failed to meet the percentage criteria of PG course, the University Grants Commission will disqualify you. Therefore please keep that in your mind.

NET is the national level entrance exam for college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship. The state level exam is called SET or State Eligibility Test. The eligibility criteria is same for both the exams.

NET Eligibility

1. Only candidate with post graduation degree can apply.

2. If candidate is final year of PG is eligible.

3. The minimum percentage in PG to apply for NET is 55%.

4. SC/ST can appear with 50%.

5. There is no relaxation for OBC candidate.

6. Final year students have to submit the degree in 2 years of passing exam.

7. You should select subject for NET depending on PG course.

Age Limit

JRF - 28 years with 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

College Lectureship - There isn't any upper age limit.
5th March 2013, 05:21 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible to appear for NET exam? I am studying 1st year MSc general chemistry

Quote:

hi friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test

NET Conducted by UGC......

sorry you are not eligible for NET exam.....

NET Conducted for Two Post:

1. Junior Research Fellowship
  2. Lectureship

If you have completed your Graduation degree/Master Degree in any Discipline are eligible for applying this Exam.....

There is no any Age Criteria for applying Lectureship Post but for Junior Research Fellowship Post age not Exist 28 years this exam.....

Final years student who are waiting for their final result can also apply for it....

Nationality of candidate must be INDIAN.....

Pattern for NET Exam:-

You can Get More Information from Here : Click Here

All the best......
5th March 2013, 08:43 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

NET Stands National Eligibility Test

The test exam is conducted by the University Grants Commission yearly twice

Eligibility :

Candidates should be complete Master's Gradation with at least 55% aggregate from a recognized University

SC/ST candidates 5% relaxation in aggregate

Candidates must be Indian

Age limit :

Age limits for Junior Research fellowship : 19 to 28 years
Age relaxation 3 & 5 years for OB & Sc/ST candidates

Lectureship in no age limit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?