29th April 2012, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam in Linguistics having scored 62% in PG in Linguistics from Annamalai University in Distance Learning?

1. I have done my Post Graduation in Linguistics from Annamalai University. And it was through distance education . I scored 62% in it. Am I eligible to appear for the NET exam in Linguistics as well as in Literature.

29th April 2012, 02:17 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam in Linguistics having scored 62% in PG in Linguistics from Annamalai University in Distance Learning?

There is no such restriction that doesn't allow PG degree holders from distance learning.
You can definitely apply for exam if the institute/university from which you have done
PG, is recognised by Distance Education Council (DEC) of India.

Meanwhile, you also have secured more than 55% marks in PG so you fulfill the minimum
percentage criteria too.

The application for the exam is submitted online only through http://ugcnetonline.in/.

You can download syllabus of linguistics from the same website.

The last date to apply for UGC-NET June 2012 examination is 30th April only.
You have only one day remained if you wish to apply this time.
29th April 2012, 02:33 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET Exam in Linguistics having scored 62% in PG in Linguistics from Annamalai University in Distance Learning?

Hai,

NET(National Eligibility Test) exam is conducted by the UGC(University Grants Commisson).

This exam was conducting two times in a year i.e in the month of june and december.

You have 62% marks in pg so You are eligible to write NET examination.

Eligibility criteria for junior research fellowship:

>>The candidate should be complete Master's graduation from any recognised university with atleast 55% marks.

>>Final year candidateh are also eligible.

>>Age limits is 19 years to 28years.

>>You should be a citizen of india.

Eligibility criteria for lectureship:

**The candidate should be complete Master's graduation from any recognised university with atleast 55% marks.

**final year candidates should also be eligible.

**there is no age limit for this exam.

**Candidate must be a citizen of india.

For more details visit

http://www.ugcnetonline.in

All the best.
2nd June 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam,
I have done an M.A. in English, but i want to appear NET in Linguistics for which i need to do an M.A. in Linguistics.
I can't afford time to do the same(M.A. in Linguistics) in a regular mode. I want to do the same in distance mode in Annamalai University, Tamilnadu.
Can you please inform me about the admission details and date, cantact details, etc. of the university?
My contact detail is [email protected] .
20th March 2015, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

i have done post graduation in English. I want to undergo M.A in Linguistics through Annamalai University. May I be eligible to appear in UGC NET in English after scoring above 55% marks in M.A in Linguistics? please inform.
21st March 2015, 07:33 AM
unique99

NET(National Eligibility Test)is conducted by UGC twice in a year.

Those who have NET certificate they are eligible to get Govt College lecturer post comfortably.

Those who have Completed POST GRADUATE DEGREE from the recognized University having minimum 55% or more are eligible for NET.

There is no age bar for lecturers to sit for the National Eligibility Test,at any age they can complete the course.

To do junior fellowship research a final year candidate can also apply for NET.

Must be an Indian.

**Before applying you are to confirm that your PG degree is done from recognized University.

Thanks.
5th December 2016, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my MA in english literature from osmania university with 65%in 2006.i wish to write ugc net in linguistics. Am i eligible to write ugc net exam in linguistics with an M. A IN ENGLISH LITERATURE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?