6th December 2020, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in the UPSC Indian Economic Service exam being an Economics graduate and pursuing MA(Development Studies)?

Hello Sir, I have completed BA in Economics Honours from Delhi University and I am studying MA in Development Studies from TISS Mumbai. I want to appear in the UPSC Indian Economic Service exam. Kindly let me know if I am eligible to appear in this exam. Thank you!

7th December 2020, 09:07 AM
jeet2porwal

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in the UPSC Indian Economic Service exam being an Economics graduate and pursuing MA(Development Studies)?

Yes, You are eligible to appear in the UPSC Indian Economic Service exam being an Economics graduate and pursuing MA(Development Studies).

If you are in last year of post graduation degree in Economics or Applied Economics or Business Economics or Econometrics and your age is in between 21 - 30 years.
7th December 2020, 02:41 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in the UPSC Indian Economic Service exam being an Economics graduate and pursuing MA(Development Studies)?

Yes you are eligible, after completion of your post graduation course in Business Economics...IES I.e INDIAN Economic Service conducted by
UPSC , and held every once in a year...
7th December 2020, 06:41 PM
Jaishree Sukhwani

UPSC IES exam must possess a postgraduate degree in Economics or Applied Economics or Business Economics or Econometrics. Those who are in the final semester/year of Master's degree are also eligible for the exam. A candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?