12th September 2015, 10:10 PM
TANAY GANGULY

Am I eligible to join Indian Economics Service being a B.A. graduate of IGNOU?

Sir/madam,
I have completed my B.A. in Economics from IGNOU. I want to make my career in Indian Economics Service. Can you tell me am I eligible to join IES? Please reply to me asap.

15th September 2015, 09:18 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Economics Service being a B.A. graduate of IGNOU?

Indian Economics Service Exam is conducted through UPSC, To appear this exam there are certain eligibility criteria which is to be fulfilled :

The candidates should be a Citizen Of India.

Education Requirement:

Post Graduate Degree from a recognized university in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometric.

Age Limit :

The Candidates should be 21 - 30 years, there is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

For more details visit website of UPSC. http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th September 2015, 11:30 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Economics Service being a B.A. graduate of IGNOU?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Economic Service being a B.A graduate from GNOU. To be eligible to join Indian Economic Service, you must have to satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria :-

--> You must be a citizen of India.

--> You must have obtained a Post Graduate Degree in Economics/Applied Economics/ Business Economics/Econometrics from a recognised University.

--> You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
13th June 2017, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible for an arts student to join indian economic service if he/she is having a bachelor's degree in economics
4th September 2017, 07:53 PM
kunalroy89

One needs to have a postgraduate degree in Economics or Applied Economics or Business Economics or Econometrics from a recognised University to be eligible for Indian Economic Services. Graduation degree or Marks are not that important. It doesn't matter if the Masters degree in Economics is M.A. Economic or M.Sc Economic, Masters degree is enough
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?