16th August 2017, 09:10 PM
atya khan

Am I eligible to apply for Food and Drug Inspector exam after completion of PharmD?

Am I eligible to apply for food and drug inspector exam after completion of PharmD? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? What are the minimum criteria followed? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon as possible. Thanks!

18th August 2017, 06:31 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply for Food and Drug Inspector exam after completion of PharmD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atya khan View Post
Am I eligible to apply for food and drug inspector exam after completion of PharmD? Can you please guide me with the details on the same? What are the minimum criteria followed? It will be helpful if you can answer me soon as possible. Thanks!

Yes, you are eligible to apply for exam of food and drug inspector , because minimum qualification required to apply for the exam is bachelors in pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences or equivalent qualification in Pharmacology/ Microbiology field and you have done bachelors in D Pharmacy, So you are eligible to apply for exam. Here below are details regarding Food and drug inspector exam:-

Eligibility Criteria for Food and Drug Inspector Exam:-

>> Minimum qualification required is bachelors or equivalent qualification in Science field from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained. Relaxation of 5% marks for candidate belongs to reserve categories.

>> Age limit to apply for exam is 21 to 35 years. Relaxation of 3 years for candidate belongs to OBC category. Relaxation of 5 years in age criteria for candidate belongs to SC/ST category.

>> Applying candidate must be Indian citizen.

Selection Procedure:- There are two steps in selection procedure:-

1). Written exam.

2). Interview/Viva Voce.

Written Exam Pattern:- Written exam consists of two papers namely paper I and paper II.

>> Paper I is based on pharmacy and carries 200 marks. Duration of paper I is 2 hours.

>> Paper II is based on general knowledge and carries 50 marks. Duration of exam is 1 hour.
18th August 2017, 07:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Food and Drug Inspector exam after completion of PharmD?

Yes you can apply for food inspector exam after completing your graduation in pharmacy because as per the rules a candidate who has completed graduation in any discipline especially with chemistry subject are eligible to apply for this job. One has to crack the exam in order to secure the position of inspector.
18th August 2017, 09:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Food and Drug Inspector exam after completion of PharmD?

Food and Drug Inspector exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for exam is:

1. You must be graduate in pharmacy or dairy technology or veterinary science etc.

You can not apply for exam after Diploma in Pharmacy. Minimum qualification required is bachelor's degree.

2. Age limit is 21-30 years.

The next step for you is to pursue Bachelor of Pharmacy and in final year of bachelor's degree, you can apply for this exam.
18th August 2017, 11:39 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in examination conducted for recruitment as Drug Inspector.

The minimum required educational qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in pharmacy, medicine, agriculture etc.

So, you cannot appear in examination with diploma qualification. The age limit to appear in examination varies with examination.

If you want to appear in examination you have to pursue bachelor degree.
19th August 2017, 03:23 AM
starberry

Hello,

All India Food and Drug Inspector exam is conducted bu UPSC-Union Public Service Commission to recruit Food inspectors in various offices all over country.
Eligibility criteria to apply for Food and Drug Inspector exam is as follows

>> Graduation degree in any branch
>> Age limit 18 to 27 yrs
>> Age relaxation for OBC is 3 years and SC/ST is 5 years
>> Indian Citizen

Exam pattern and syllabus-

Paper 1
General Science - 50 marks
Quantitative aptitude - 50 marks
Reasoning - 50 marks
English - 50 marks

Paper 2
Quantitative - 100 marks
English and Comprehension - 100 marks

Paper 3
Biological science - 200 marks
19th August 2017, 08:13 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as Drug Inspector or Food Inspector examination is conducted by State PSC.

The eligibility to appear in examination is bachelor degree in pharmacy, agriculture, medicine, chemistry, botany etc.

The age limit to appear in examination varies with examination. So, you have to complete bachelor degree course to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in written and interview stage and candidates have to qualify in both stages of examination for final selection.
20th August 2017, 06:37 PM
manjira...

Yes you can apply for Food and Drug Inspector after completing PharmD. The Food Corporation of India conducts examination for the recruitment of the candidates.

The selection procedure for the post of Food and Drug Inspector is

Written examination
Interview and medical test

The eligibility criteria for applying in FCI are

Candidates should have a graduation degree in subjects like Pharmacy/Veterinary/Medicine with specialization in Clinical Pharmacology and Microbiology/Pharmaceutical Science, etc.

The age of the candidates should be between 21-30 years. For SC/ST candidates age is relaxed by 5 years and OBC by 3years.

The candidates should be Indian citizen.

You can get more details on www.upsconline.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?