13th August 2017, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for food inspector exam after completion of PharmD?

I am Vinay. Am I eligible to appear for food inspector exam after completion of PharmD? Can you please give me the details on this? What is the procedure followed to apply? It will be helpful if you can provide me with the answer on this. Thanks!

14th August 2017, 09:23 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for food inspector exam after completion of PharmD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Vinay. Am I eligible to appear for food inspector exam after completion of PharmD? Can you please give me the details on this? What is the procedure followed to apply? It will be helpful if you can provide me with the answer on this. Thanks!
Sorry, you are not eligible to apply for food inspector exam after D Pharmacy because minimum qualification required to apply for the exam is bachelors and its equivalent qualification and you have done diploma in pharmacy which is not equivalent to bachelors. So first complete your bachelors and then apply for food inspector exam. Here below are eligibility criteria to apply so go through it and prepare yourself for food inspector exam.

Eligibility Requirement:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply is bachelors or equivalent qualification from government recognized institute.

>> Age limit to Apply for for food inspector exam is 18 to 35 years, Relaxation of 5 years for candidate comes under SC/ST categories,Relaxation of 3 years for candidate comes under OBC category,Relaxation 10 years for physically handicapped person.

For more details please visit www.fci.gov.in.
14th August 2017, 10:05 AM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for food inspector exam after completion of PharmD?

If you qualify the below eligibility criteria you are eligible for exam
>> Candidate must be within age group of 18 years to 25 years.
>> You must complete graduation in agricultural, pharma, food technology field.

Procedure of selection
** Written exam , interview and medical examination.

If you want to apply for examination you need to visit the UPSC site or state PSC where from time to time advertisement for the recruitment of food inspector are announced.
All application need to be submitted only on online mode.
14th August 2017, 10:51 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for Food Inspector recruitment examination.

The minimum required qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor in medicine, agriculture, pharmacy etc.

So, you will be not eligible to appear in examination after pursuing diploma in pharmacy.

You have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in examination.
14th August 2017, 11:15 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Food inspector can close vigilance on food processors, manufacturers & distributors for violating the safety rules & sanitation.

To become a food inspector you need fulfill few eligibility requirements which are given below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should be citizen of India.
- The candidate should have done their graduation level degree in any course from recognized university.
- The candidate who have done their medicine should take 1 year training in food inspection are eligible to apply for the job.
- The candidate having bachelor degree in pharmacy/ public health/ agriculture/ veterinary science/ dairy technology/ food technology are eligible to apply.
- The age limit should be between 18 - 25 years. There is age relaxation based on the government rules.

Food inspector entrance exam is conducted by the UPSC named All India Food Inspector exam. The job will be based on the entrance exam and personal interview performance.

The entrance exam includes technical science subjects, numerical ability, GK & English language. The duration of the exam is 150 minutes.
14th August 2017, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

I have completed msc in organic chemistry
And now i want to open a medical store so which course I have to do
14th August 2017, 11:50 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Union Public Service Commission conducts entrance examination for Food inspector. The eligibility criteria for food inspector exam is:

>>The academic qualification required is:

Bachelor's degree in medicine with one year training in food inspection or graduation with chemistry as compulsory subject or bachelor's degree in agriculture, food technology or pharmacy or dairy technology etc.

After diploma in Pharmacy, you need to pursue Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy to become eligible for this exam. The age limit is 18-25 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.
14th August 2017, 01:54 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To become a Food Inspector with Government of India you must appear the test for the same conducted by UPSC.

In order to apply for food inspector exam the candidate must be graduate in food technology / pharmacy / agricultural / dairy technology.

The graduate in medicine trained in Food Inspector are also eligible to apply for this exam.

Ordinary science graduate with chemistry as one of the subject are also be eligible for this test.

For further information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e.
www.upsc.gov.in.
14th August 2017, 01:57 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility to become Food Inspector:

Those candidate are graduate from any recognised University with any discipline are eligible for food inspector exam.

Age criteria for all categories is 21 years to 30 years.
For OBC candidates it is from 21 years to 33 years and for SC/ST candidates it is from 21 years to 35 years.

Nationality should be Indian.

Final year appearing candidates can also apply for food inspector exam. So being a Pharmacy student you are eligible.
14th August 2017, 02:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Graduates in agriculture / pharmacy / Food Technology / Dairy technology are also eligible to apply for the food inspector examination.
Otherwise, the aspirants should have completed the bachelor's degree in any of the science subjects. They must have studied chemistry as a subject in their qualifying course. So being a Pharmacy student you are eligible to apply for this examination.
14th August 2017, 02:22 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma in Pharmacy will be not considered as sufficient qualification to appear for Food Inspector examination.

The required minimum educational qualification to appear in examination is :

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in pharmacy, agriculture, medicine etc.

The age limit varies with State PSC.

So, you cannot apply for examination now. You have to pursue bachelor degree to appear in examination.
14th August 2017, 05:27 PM
kachhadiyasarika
Member+

Yes. You are eligible to apply for the post of food inspector after completion of Pharma D. Minimum qualification required is bachelor's degree in food technology or pharmacy or medicine or agriculture or dairy technology or veterinary science or public health.

Required Skills In Food Technology
- Decision Making Skills
- Knowledge of Laws and Codes
- Problem Solving Skills
- Troubleshooting Skills
- Management of Team
14th August 2017, 08:02 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Food Inspector examination is:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in agriculture or dairy technology or pharmacy etc to apply for this exam.

Food inspector exam is conducted by UPSC.

2. You have done Diploma in Pharmacy and so not eligible for this exam because minimum qualification is bachelor's degree in Pharmacy.
14th August 2017, 10:34 PM
manjira...

Yes you are eligible to apply for food inspector after completing your graduation in PharmD.

The exam for the recruitment of the candidates in Food Corporation of India is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

The eligibility criteria to apply for the exam are

The candidates should be Indian.
The age of the candidates should be between 18 to 27 years. Age relaxation of 5years is provided for the SC/ST candidates and 3 years for the OBC candidates.
The candidates should have a graduation degree in the field of Food Safety or Agriculture/Pharmacy/Food Technology/Diary Technology from a recognized university.
The candidates who has studied Chemistry or Biology can also apply for the exam.

The procedure followed for selecting the candidates

Written Examination
Personal Interview.
14th August 2017, 11:25 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Food Inspector examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Requirements for Food Inspector exam:

Academic qualification: Graduation in pharmacy, dairy technology, agriculture, medicine, chemistry etc.

Only bachelor of pharmacy candidates can apply for this exam. Diploma in pharmacy are not eligible.

The age limit is 21-30 years.
15th August 2017, 12:36 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Pharma D ( Diploma in Pharmacy ) candidates are not eligible to appear in Food Inspector recruitment examination.

The required qualification to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in pharmacy or medicine from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination varies with State PSC.

So, you must have to complete your bachelor degree first to appear in examination and only after completion of bachelor degree in pharmacy will be eligible to appear in examination.
19th August 2017, 03:29 AM
starberry

Hello,

Pharm.D stands for diploma in Pharmacy. Hence, you cannot apply for food and drug inspector exam, as its criteria states that only graduates from a recognized university are eligible for the post of Food inspector. After completing graduation, you can apply for this exam.

All the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?