8th April 2015, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for NET having 57% in PG?

I got 57'/, in pg am l eligible for applying in net if I belong to bc category with this percentage of only 57?

8th April 2015, 11:19 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET having 57% in PG?

NET is the National Eligibility Test. It is entrance exam conducted by University Grants Commission twice every year for:

1. Junior Research Fellowship.

2. Lectureship.

Eligibility criteria:

1. Academic Qualification:

>>Candidates need to have master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

>>Final year master's degree candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>Minimum % of marks in master's degree required is 55% for General and OBC candidates. For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 5% in marks.

Since you have scored 57% marks in master's degree, you are eligible to apply for the exam.

2. Age criteria:

The upper age limit for the Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship posts.

For any more details regarding NET exam, click here
8th April 2015, 11:46 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 57'/, in pg am l eligible for applying in net if I belong to bc category with this percentage of only 57?

NET - National Eligibility Test

This exam is being conducted by UGC (University Grants Commission) and is held every year. There are eligibility standards which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam.

ELIGIBILITY NEEDED:

# The candidate appearing should have a citizenship in India

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have a graduate/ post graduate/ BE / B Tech / MBBS / Integrated BS-MS / MSC / PhD from any recognized university.

# The age limit criteria states candidate should not exceed 28 years for JRF post exam and no upper age limit for Lectureship post exam.

The candidate who satisfies all these criteria is eligible for applying for NET exam.

For more information regarding the exam check at http://http://www.ugc.ac.in/ and to get online forms for NET check at http://http://59.163.216.82:8080/jrf/online/index.jsp

IMPORTANT DATES FOR NET 2015:
  • Last Date for deposit of fee : 31.03.2015
  • Date of close of On-line submission of Application : 01.04.2015
  • Last date of receipt of online application in Examination Unit : 07.04.2015
  • Last date of receipt of completed online application in Examination Unit from remote areas : 13.04.2015
9th April 2015, 12:10 AM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are applicable for NET exam. NET is national Eligibility Test. This exam is conducted by university grants commission twice in a year in offline mode. This exam is conducted in national level. If you wanted to Ph.D or lectureship at top colleges in India, you can appear for this examination.

This exam is conducted in two stages namely

Written test
Interview

The written exam will be conducted in the relevant subject that the candidate apply for. The written exam has three papers. You will be given three hours to answer them.. This exam will comprise only objective type questions.

If you have cleared written test, you will be called for interview.

For more details and notifications regarding this exam, please visit this link www.ugc.ac.in
9th April 2015, 10:06 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, with 57% marks in master's degree, you are eligible to apply for the National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission as it requires:

1. Candidates must have completed his/her master's from a recognized university. Final year candidates of master's degree can also apply.

2. Minimum % of marks in master's degree is 55% for general and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST candidates.

Upper age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

Official website: www.ugc.ac.in
9th April 2015, 10:23 AM
poojasingh151

The minimum percentage of marks required in master's degree to appear for the National Eligibility Test is 55% for candidates belonging to OBC and general category.

For SC/ST category, it is 50%.

Since, you have scored 57% marks in master's degree, you can apply for the NET exam.

If you interested to join Junior Research Fellowship, you age must not be more than 28 years. For lectureship there is no upper age limit.

Official website where you can get other details regarding NET exam if you want is www.ugc.ac.in.
9th April 2015, 11:46 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

For apply UGC-NET exam the minimum Education qualification is a Master degree or equivalent in related subject with minimum of 55% marks from a recognized University.

Age limit:-

For JRF candidate should not be above 28 years of age.

For lectureship there is no upper age limit.

Age relaxation for OBC and SC/ST category candidates 5 years.
9th April 2015, 06:31 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for UGC NET exam because you masters degree marks is above 55%.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.

http://www.ugc.ac.in
9th April 2015, 07:13 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for NET(National Eligibility Test) after having 57% in PG.

UGC(University Grants Commission) conducts NET exam twice a year at national level to recruit personnel for
-Junior Research Fellowship
-Lectureship.

The qualification required to sit for NET exam is Masters degree with minimum 55% of marks in aggregate for general category and OBC candidates from a recognized university.However,the minimum percentage marks required for SC/ST candidates are 50%.

The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years and there is no upper age bar for Lectureship.

The selection process involves written test followed by interview.To clear NET exam,the candidate has to qualify in all stages of exam.
9th April 2015, 10:45 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Dear yes you are eligible to apply for UGC NET with your educational qualification and percentage. Actually NET refers to National Eligibility Test and for the eligibility criteria for NET you can have a look on the below eligibility criteria.

Eligibility criteria for UGC NET :

1.You should complete the Masters with minimum 55% of marks from the recognized university. And there is a relaxation of 5% for the reserved candidates.

2.Final year students of PG degree can also eligible to apply.

3.More over the candidates who have the Ph.D degree may also eligible with a relaxation of percentage criteria of 5% .

For further details you can please visit the website Click here
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?