18th April 2012, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to apply for UGC NET June after graduation in MSc Botany with 57%?

Dear Sir, I am a postgraduate in Msc. Botany with percentage of 57. therefore i would like to know if i am eligible for and can apply for UGC NET June 2012 in Environmental science subject?

19th April 2012, 10:38 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am i eligible to apply for UGC NET June after graduation in MSc Botany with 57%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir, I am a postgraduate in Msc. Botany with percentage of 57. therefore i would like to know if i am eligible for and can apply for UGC NET June 2012 in Environmental science subject?

Eligibility For UGC NET

For appearing for the National Eligibility Test (NET) which is conducted every year by the UGC (University Grants Commission) every year in the months of June and December..a candidate must have the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

1) The candidate must not have attained the age of 28 years of age if appearing for the Junior Research Fellowship

2) The candidate must have completed his post graduation from a recognized University with an aggregate of 55%

So, yes you are surely eligible for the exam going to take place on 26th June,2012..

The forms for the exam are already available online and the last date for the form submission is 30th April,2012..

You can visit http://ugcnetonline.in for applying for the exam and also for more updates on the exam..

I have also provided you with some of the previous year question papers of EVS for your reference along with this post..

You can go through these papers and i hope they will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
20th April 2012, 12:20 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to apply for UGC NET June after graduation in MSc Botany with 57%?

Hai,
Yes you are eligible to write NET(National Eligibility Test) exam.
NET exam is conducted by the UGC (UNIVERSITY GRANTS COMMISSION) twice in a year i.e in the month of june and december.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate should be complete post graduation from a recognised university with atleast 55% marks.

The maximum age limit is 28years.

Candidate should be a citizen of india.

For more details visit

www.ugcnetonline.in

All the best
20th April 2012, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am i eligible to apply for UGC NET June after graduation in MSc Botany with 57%?

i have done mba and age is 32 yr .am i eligible for test
20th April 2012, 11:34 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for UGC NET being secured 57% in M.Sc.

UGC NET - UNIVERSITY GRANT COMMISSION NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST conducted by UPSC two times a year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to JRF(Junior Research Fellowship).

The candidate must be an India National having Post Graduation Degree in any stream with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidate) from a recognised University and not bellow the age of 19 years is eligible to apply for NET.

There is no upper age bar for those applying for Lectureship but those applying for JRF should not be above 28 years of age.

As you are interested for June NET exam, you can apply for this as the registration process is going on now followed by exam on 17.06.2012.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugc.ac.in
7th May 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to apply for UGC NET June after graduation in MSc Biochemistry with 69%?
25th May 2012, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

I have done PGDBA ( Distance learning MBA) from Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune which is affiliated to DEC, Am i eligible to apply for UGC NET examination ?
7th June 2012, 10:27 AM
Unregistered

dear sir , i have done p.g. in botany m i eligible for ugc net environmental science?
5th July 2012, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I Hv done my M.Sc.in botany with 69 %. Can I take Environment Science as subject for CSIR NET Lecturership Exan...
20th July 2012, 01:23 PM
Unregistered

is there any net test for m.sc pharmaceutical chemistry?
31st July 2012, 11:46 PM
Unregistered

Whether with M.SC (Physics) & M.Tech (Remote Sensing) candidate's are eligible for UGC NET Environmental Sciences as a subject.
13th September 2012, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to take up UGC NET Dec 2012 exams in Environmental Science after doing M.Sc zoolgy
18th September 2012, 11:22 PM
Unregistered

Discrimnation with environmental science candidates by ugc in recently decleared june Net result?
Only 70 candidates qualified net in env. Science while as thousands of managment students qualified .This is sheer injustice with env. Science students by adopting flawed way to determine cut off by ugc.
7th November 2012, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Re:Am I eligible to apply for UGC NET June after graduation in Msc Botany with 63%?
Am i eligible to take up UGC NETDec 2012 exams in environmental science
14th September 2013, 07:07 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Full Form of NET is National Eligibility Test. This Test is conducted every year twice by the University Grants Commission.

As you have completed M.Sc in Botany with 57% marks from any recognized university you are eligible for the NET Exam.

The NET Exam is conducted every year twice for the below mentioned posts :

** Lectureship

** Junior Research Fellowship

The Qualifications Required for National Eligibility Test are :

## Educational Qualifications :

>> The candidate must have completed Post Graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

>> The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks.

>> Candidates in the final year of PG Can also apply.

>> The candidate should not have any pending backlog.

## Age Limit :

>> There is no age limit for the post of College Lectureship.

>> For JRF , the age of the candidate must lie in between 21-28 years.

## Age Relaxation :

>> For OBC Candidates : 3 years

>> For SC/ST candidates : 5 years

## Nationality :

>> The candidate must be an Indian.

## Number of Attempts :

>> There is no any fixed number of attempts for the NET Exam.

## Sex :

>> Both Male and Female Candidates can apply.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
14th September 2013, 07:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Friend

NET stands for the National Eligibility Test .University Grants Commission is responsible for conducting this examination twice every year in the respective months of June and December .

It is conducted for the :

>>Junior Research fellowship

>>Lectureship

Eligibility criteria for the NET exams :

>>Minimum of master's degree that is post graduate degree from recognized university .Those who are in final semester of it are also eligible to apply for the exam.

>>You must secure at least 55% marks in master's degree so as to be eligible for the exam.5% relaxation in marks to the sc/st candidates .

So do not worry ,since you have secured 57% marks in the master's degree in botany ,so you are eligible for the upcoming NET exams in the month of Decemeber 2013

>>About age limit ,the upper age limit for the JRF is 28 years and no upper age limit for the Lectureship post .

>>No bar on number of attempts.

>>You must be Indian citizen.Both male and female candidates can apply for the exam.

For any more details and latest updates about the NET exams ,please visit www.ugc.ac.in .

Hope the information helps you as much as you expect .For any other assistance please do not forget to leave a message here .We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Enjoy your life and all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
17th March 2014, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my M.Sc (Botany) and M.phil also. can i appear for ugc net from environmental science?
4th May 2014, 02:11 AM
Unregistered

can i appear for UGC NET(environmental science/computer science/other ) after doing m.sc bionformatics..?
27th June 2015, 12:42 PM
momtazz

A Graduate MSC Botany can not appear UGC NET.

First of all you are to obtain Master degree to compete the NET exam.

A General candidate needs to obtain 55% marks to appear UGC NET.

Relaxations are there S/C S/T to obtain minimum 50% marks.

UGC conduct this NET exam twice in a year.

To know detail log on http://ugcnetonline.in
17th August 2017, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my msc in biotechnology with 58% marks can I apply for UGC net in environmental science
19th August 2017, 01:03 PM
Somis

Educational Qualification

Candidates should have completed their Masters’ Degree or Equivalent Degree within the following percentage criteria –

•For General Category - 55% Marks
•For ST/SC/OBC/PWD - 50% Marks

Age Limit

1.For JRF: The candidates who are applying for the Junior Research Fellowship Exam must not age more than 28 years.

2.There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professor.

For more details related to Eligibility Criteria click here- https://scoop.eduncle.com/ugc-net-computer-science-application-exam
2nd September 2020, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing msc from chemistry. I am eligible for UGC NET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?