21st December 2011, 10:52 PM
dharanyitharan

Am I eligible to apply for NET after scoring 59.97%?

I have completed my MBA(Banking & Finance) through Directorate of Distance & Online Education in Anna University and scored 59.97%. My question is whether am i eligible to appear for NET? If so what is the eligibility criteria(Category OBC-Non creamy layer)

22nd December 2011, 10:01 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET after scoring 59.97%?

UGC NET EXAM

You have mention you scored 59.9%, so you are eligible for net exam.
UGC conducts net exam every year two time in month of june and december for lecturership and jrf.

Notification will come for the June month exam,in the month of March and for December exam, in September month.

you can apply for this exam only online on the ugc wedsite.

Qualification:- Candidate who want to sit in ugc net exam,must be
complete their post graduate with 55% marks in any subject from any recognised university.Candidates who are appear in the final year of post graduation are also eligible to apply for exam.

Age:- There is no upper age Limit for Lectureship and for JRF Maximum 28 years for general.(Relaxation for other categary).

Syllabus:- CLICK HERE

OLD PAPERS

For more Information: www.ugc.ac.in
22nd December 2011, 10:12 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharanyitharan View Post
I have completed my MBA(Banking & Finance) through Directorate of Distance & Online Education in Anna University and scored 59.97%. My question is whether am i eligible to appear for NET? If so what is the eligibility criteria(Category OBC-Non creamy layer)
NET : National Eligibility Test

This examination is Conducted by UGC Twice in a year and the examination is Conducted in June and December every year. The June NET Examination was already completed and December NET Examination will be conducted in 24/Dec/2011.

To apply for NET Examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with Minimum 55% Marks form a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

The examination fees of NET for Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer) : Rs 225 and you have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill Online application form of NET In Next year.

The syllabus and Pattern of NET Examination is availiable in the official website, So please prepare well for the Examination according to the syllabus availiable in the official website. This Examination is conducts to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).

There is No Upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post.

But for JRF Post, your age should not be more than 28 years but the relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC /ST /OBC /PH/ VH categories. So, please wait for the Next year Notification and then apply for NET Examination.

If you need more Information about NET Examination then please check official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in
22nd December 2011, 10:39 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you can apply for NET exam, after completion of MBA with 59.97% aggregate..

Eligibility for NET exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the post graduation with 55% aggregate from a recognized university.

2.Candidates age should be less than 28 years..

3.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill..

So, if your age is under 28 years then you can apply for NET exam..
All the best..
22nd December 2011, 11:06 AM
arun.potturu

The NET stands for National eligibility Test which is conducted UGC.The eligibility for NET is minimum post graduation with 55% aggregate.The NET exam is conducted twice in a year.Now there is a exam on 12-12-2011.
Those who are eligible they can apply from the website www.ugcnetonline.com,the application cost is 225 rupees.For more details see the above website
22nd December 2011, 12:10 PM
prashant more

Smile Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET after scoring 59.97%?

NET : National Eligibility Test

This examination is Conducted by UGC Twice in a year and the examination is Conducted in June and December every year. The June NET Examination was already completed and December NET Examination will be conducted in 24/Dec/2011.

To apply for NET Examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with Minimum 55% Marks form a recognised University. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for this examination.

The examination fees of NET for Other Backward Classes (Non-creamy layer) : Rs 225 and you have to pay the fees through challan form in SBI Bank and then you are eligible to fill Online application form of NET In Next year.

The syllabus and Pattern of NET Examination is availiable in the official website, So please prepare well for the Examination according to the syllabus availiable in the official website. This Examination is conducts to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF).

There is No Upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship Post.

But for JRF Post, your age should not be more than 28 years but the relaxation upto 5 years is provided to the candidates belonging to SC /ST /OBC /PH/ VH categories. So, please wait for the Next year Notification and then apply for NET Examination.

If you need more Information about NET Examination then please check official website :

http://ugcnetonline.in
22nd December 2011, 05:45 PM
jayparikh

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible to apply for NET after scoring 59.97%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharanyitharan View Post
Am I eligible to apply for NET after scoring 59.97%?

Hi friend,

you will be happy to know that you eligible.

NET:-National Eligibility test.

Following is the eligibility criteria for this test:-

- A person should have completed post graduate degree with 55% marks.

-there is no upper age to apply for this exam.

-But, for JRF post upper age is 28 years. SC/ST/OBC will be given 5 years of relaxation.

For other details , please visit,

www.ugcnetonline.in

Please post here for any other query.

Best of luck

regards.
19th February 2012, 10:33 PM
pulsarman

HI,

YES you are eligible for NET exam.

Eligibility for NET exam:-

1.Candidate must have complete the post graduation with 55% aggregate from a recognized university.

2.Candidates age should be less than 28 years..

3.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

best of luck
30th April 2012, 10:57 PM
nadankanan

The syllabus and Pattern of NET Examination is availiable in the official website, So please prepare well for the Examination according to the syllabus availiable in the official website. This Examination is conducts to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship
12th March 2013, 09:09 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Dharan,

As you have completed MBA (Banking & Finance) from Anna University and have secured 59.97% , you are absolutely eligible for the NET Examination.

The Eligibility Of NET Exam is determined through the following :

a) Educational Qualifications : Post Graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

* You must have a minimum of 55% marks in post graduation.

b) Age Limit :

For JRF Post : 21-28 years

For Lecture Ship : No Age Limit

c) Nationality : Indian

d) Number Of Attempts : No Bar on the number of attempts.

The NET Examination is conducted twice in a year by the University Grants Commission (UGC).

The Pattern Of The NET Exam is :

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
12th March 2013, 10:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

As you have mentioned that you have done your master's degree in business administration in finance with 59% marks in it from Anna University.

So you are eligible for the NET examinations because of the fact that NET requires minimum of master's degree in any desired discipline from a recognized university with at least 55% marks in it .Relaxations in marks applicable to reserved category.

Now coming to NET examinations:

The acronym NET stands for the Nationality Test.This examination is conducted every year by the UGC in the month of June and December for the lectureship and junior research fellowhsip.

The notification for June exam is released in March and that for december in september respectively.

The minimum age limit is 21 years and for junior research fellowship the upper age limit is 28 years.

For lectureship,you can apply at any age that is there is no upper age limit.

Note: There is also no bar on no of attempts for this examination.

The latest structure for the paper 3rd for NET exam is :

If you want any further details ,you may logon to www.ugc.ac.in or leave your message here .

Hope the information provided by me helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
13th March 2013, 04:39 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Since MBA is post graduation degree you can appear for the National Eligibility Test. It does not matter if you have completed Master of Business Administration through distance education course.

The requirement would be that your college should be recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC). If that is the case then please apply for the National Eligibility Test without any problem since you are also meeting percentage criteria.

The criteria for OBC candidates is same as the General candidates. The relaxation is only given to the SC and ST candidates. If you are appearing for Junior Research Fellowship then there is will be some relaxation, otherwise there is no relaxation for the OBC candidate making the criteria for them same as for the General category candidates.

Eligibility

1. Candidate should be Indian citizen.

2. Only candidates holding PG degree are eligible.

3. The minimum percentage required is 55 percent.

4. SC/ST need 50 percent marks.

5. Your should select subject for NET which is related to PG course.

6. Candidates can also appear during final year of post graduation.

7. The age limit is 28 years (max) for Junior Research Fellowship.

8. In case candidate belongs to OBC, there is 3 years relaxation.

9. SC/ST candidate would get 5 years relaxation.

10. There is no age limit if applying for lecturer job.
14th March 2013, 11:56 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear Dharanyitharan,

The acronym for NET is National Eligibility Test.

Yes, you are eligible for the NET examination.

The NET examination pattern:-

The eligibility criteria required for the NET examination are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of post-graduation in any discipline with 55% marks from any recognized university.

* 50% marks required for SC/ST cntendors.

* Final year contendors are also eligible.

* Age limit:- 20-28 yrs for JRF; and no age limit for Lectureship.

* No. of attempts:- No attempts.

* Nationality:- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?