20th January 2018, 08:37 PM
dipanjan1995

Am I eligible to apply for SAIL exam after having Diploma in ITI and Vocational Electricians course degree?

I complete my Vocational Electronics course in 2016 and just now I just complete my Diploma ITI course. So now Am I eligible to fill up form for SAIL exam for the session 2018?

22nd January 2018, 12:42 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for SAIL exam after having Diploma in ITI and Vocational Electricians course degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipanjan1995 View Post
I complete my Vocational Electronics course in 2016 and just now I just complete my Diploma ITI course. So now Am I eligible to fill up form for SAIL exam for the session 2018?
SAIL stands for Steel Authority of India Limited. The examination is based on Written Examination, Group Discussion and Personal Interview .

To apply for the SAIL examination, one should complete Bachelor degree in Engineering stream in any one of the specialization like Civil Engineering, Mechanical, Engineering,Chemical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering etc from recognized university. One should score 65% marks in Bachelor of Engineering course and there is a relaxation of 5% marks for the reserved candidates. The age should be 21 years minimum and 30 maximum for the candidates.

If your Diploma course is for 3 years (minimum)and is recognized then only you can apply for the SAIL examination. Also you need to have 65% marks minimum to apply for this examination. If you satisfy all the condition that are mentioned above then you are eligible for the SAIL written examination.

Examination Pattern :

- Reasoning.
- Quantitative Ability.
- General Awareness.
- English Language.

Official Website: https://www.sail.co.in
22nd January 2018, 12:55 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for SAIL exam after having Diploma in ITI and Vocational Electricians course degree?

No, you are not eligible for SAIL exam. The full details are mentioned below.

SAIL (Steel Authority of India Limited) exam is conducted every year. The eligibility required for attending the exam is as follows:

- The candidate should have completed their graduation level degree in mechanical/ electrical/ metallurgy/ Chemical/ electronics/ telecommunication/ instrumentation/ civil/ ceramics/ computer science/ it’s related stream from any recognised university.
- The minimum percentage required is 65%. There is 10% relaxation for SC/ ST candidates.
- The age limit should be between 21 - 30 years.
- There is 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ ST candidates and 10 years for PH candidates.

Since you have completed your Diploma in ITI & Vocational course which do not come under graduation level degree you are not eligible for attending the SAIL exam.

For more details visit the official website of SAIL.
9th September 2022, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

i done diploma in electrical adn electronic engineering can i apply for electrical stream is there problem
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?