6th December 2017, 07:53 PM
Unregistered

Whether 2 year ITI and 3 years Diploma together is equivalent to degree?

I have completed 2 years of ITI in electrical and 3 years of Diploma in Electrical and electronic engineering. My doubt is whether 2 years of ITI and 3 years of diploma equal to degree? If not, then government have proposal to make 2 years of ITI equivalent to PUC then at least it will become a degree. Please clarify.

Related Questions:
  1. Is SSLC+2 years ITI+3 years Diploma equivalent to degree course?
  2. Two years diploma after ITI is equivalent to 3 years full Diploma?
  3. One year BA degree is possible after ITI?
  4. Is B.Sc Electronics equal to any technical qualification like B.Tech / Diploma / ITI?
  5. How to do B.Tech after completing ITI diploma?
  6. Is 4 years diploma course in Civil Engineering available in India? Is 4 years diploma course equivalent to degree course?
  7. Can I apply for post asking for full 3 years diploma in electrical engineering? Is 2 years diploma in electrical engineering after ITI equivalent to full 3 years diploma in electrical?
  8. How many years it take to complete Law course after completion of Diploma course? -- [New]
  9. Is the one year diploma Hiltron calc is equivalent to the regular diploma?
  10. Lateral entry into Diploma is possible after 2 years ITI?
  11. Can I join diploma after completion of ITI and without the completion certificate?
  12. Whether two year ITI apprentice and Diploma are equivalent or not?
  13. Direct admission in 3rd semester of diploma after completing ITI?
  14. Is three years ITI(Electrical) course equivalent to Diploma?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for jobs which asks for 3 year diploma as I have ITI in electrical trade?
  16. Is engineering diploma with experience equivalent to degree? LLB admission after diploma in Engineering with 10 years of experience?
  17. Whether 3 years Diploma in Hotel Management is equivalent to Degree? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Whether Diploma in Electronics is equivalent to Degree to apply for Assistant Loco Pilot post in RRB?
6th December 2017, 10:06 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 2 year ITI and 3 years Diploma together is equivalent to degree?

No, the 2 years ITI and three years Diploma course together is not equivalent to degree course. Diploma is the next level of ITI course and degree is the next level of education after completion of Diploma course. There is no such proposal that the Diploma course will be made equivalent to Degree course.
7th December 2017, 01:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 2 year ITI and 3 years Diploma together is equivalent to degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed 2 years of ITI in electrical and 3 years of Diploma in Electrical and electronic engineering. My doubt is whether 2 years of ITI and 3 years of diploma equal to degree? If not, then government have proposal to make 2 years of ITI equivalent to PUC then at least it will become a degree. Please clarify.

No, a 2 year ITI and a 3 year Diploma together is not equivalent to a degree. It is only a diploma course which is not equivalent to a degree. Candidates have to study, graduation degree in any discipline to become a degree holder. They can study BE or BTech through lateral entry mode or can study any other degree like BA or BBA. Only after completion of a Bachelor’s Degree, they are considered to hold a graduate degree. Therefore, a 2 year ITI and a 3 year diploma together is not equivalent to a degree.
8th December 2017, 04:03 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Sorry to inform you that 2 years ITI and 3 years of Diploma course together is not equivalent to degree course. 3 years of diploma course is considered as equivalent as 12th/HSC. Since, you have completed 3 years Diploma in Electrical and Electronic engineering, so you can take lateral entry admission into 4 years B.E/B.Tech course by appearing and qualifying in lateral entry entrance examination of your respective State.
20th October 2019, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Is ITI sufficient for getting job of JE in Railways??
29th October 2019, 04:19 PM
EduXpert

No, ITI diploma or any diploma in engineering qualification is not equivalent to any kind of degree. You need to study degree separately to get any UGC recognized degree.

You can complete BE or BTech based on your diploma to get a degree.
27th March 2022, 02:58 PM
Unregistered

Three years of iti and 3years of Diploma it s double degree are not
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?