31st October 2012, 08:43 PM
Dhabu07

Am I eligible to attend campus interview with 1 or 2 arrears

If the students got 1 or 2 arrears means they are eligible to attend the campus interview or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Do I have to secure 75% with no backlog in B.E. to attend L&T Infotech off-campus drive in Chennai? -- [New]
  2. Is 1st semester taken in to consideration for the campus interview? Minimum average required to attend the interview?
  3. If I have 61% with four standing arrears, can I still get a job at MNCs?
  4. How to attend campus and off-campus interview or walkin?
  5. Is 1st semester more important for campus interview? Am I eligible to attend the campus interview after scoring 60% and above in 1st semester?
  6. Job in Infosys having 81% in 10th and 72% in 12th? Can I get any other nice job?
  7. Details about the tests conducted and the pattern to be followed in HCL placement?
  8. Am I eligible to attend iGATE on-campus interview with mentioned percentage in overall academics?
  9. How to attend accenture on campus interview?
  10. Eligibility to attend Infosys Interview for a candidate who has secured 65% in B.Tech?
  11. How should I succeed for campus interview written exam?
  12. Am I eligible to attend CAPGEMINI on-campus interview with mentioned percentage if having gap of 3 years between B.Tech and M.Tech?
  13. Am I eligible for Infosys placement or go for Off campus interview?
  14. Placement papers of last 10 years for HP Campus Interview with solutions? Tips for preparation to crack the interview?
  15. What all exams can I try after B.E in ECE?
  16. What is the eligibility criteria to attend the campus interview for Essar group?
  17. Am I eligible to attend L&T on campus after scoring 7.2 CGPA?
  18. Previous years question papers along with the tips to attend the campus interview? I am doing BSc ECS
29th December 2012, 10:52 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to attend campus interview with 1 or 2 arrears

No, most of the companies prefer candidates with zero backlogs. In certain cases, companies allow candidates to attend the selection process, based on the condition of submitting pass certificates after a specific period. Eligibility requirements may vary with company. You need to go through the requirements of the company before submitting application. For Wipro, TCS, etc the cut off percentage required is 60% marks.
30th December 2012, 09:20 AM
kiruthika m.m

Generally a candidate applying for top MNC's with backlogs are not eligible to take a written examination..

As these companies prefer students having aggregate percentage more then 70%, obtained in first attempt only.....

But their various other software companies which recruit students with a aggregate of 60% and above with out concentrating on backlogs..

So friend forgetting about past try developing your skills and knowledge in required feilds as given below...
Basics programming language c,c++
Java, .net , Oracle etc..
Designing language HTML,XML,SQL. etc...
Communication skill
Aptitude related question..
and etc..

Because the companies coming mainly focus on the above given topics only for recruitment followed by group discussion/personal interviews..

And for regular update try looking in respective company website and news paper..
30th December 2012, 05:33 PM
Siva mechanical

Quote:
Originally Posted by imira View Post
No, most of the companies prefer candidates with zero backlogs. In certain cases, companies allow candidates to attend the selection process, based on the condition of submitting pass certificates after a specific period. Eligibility requirements may vary with company. You need to go through the requirements of the company before submitting application. For Wipro, TCS, etc the cut off percentage required is 60% marks.
yes friend, you can attend campus interview if you have have 1 standing arrears. now, the core companies like HCL, TCS, WIPRO, INFOSYS are allowing them to attend the campus. bu, the selection for job is in your hand.
30th December 2012, 08:31 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Hi Guest,

With backlogs in your academics you cannot attempt the written exam.

All the companies look for candidates having good academic percentage and no backlogs.

If you are having backlogs in your academics then it is tough to find a place in the company.

After clearing the backlogs you can try in few of the companies where you meet the eligibility criteria.

Thank you,

All the best.
4th January 2013, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

I have one arrear in first semester and I have cleared it can I attend campus interview in a good company?
5th January 2013, 05:19 PM
santoshgupta.nits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhabu07 View Post
If the students got 1 or 2 arrears means they are eligible to attend the campus interview or not?
That depends upon whether your backlogs are live or dead.

Most of the companies do no allow live backlogs.

However if you have cleared your backlogs till the time of your campus placements, you would be able to seat i most of the in interviews.
5th January 2013, 07:08 PM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

Hello friend ,

Sorry to say but , you are not eligible because most of the companies not prefer

candidates with backlogs . After clearing the backlogs successfully you can try for

placement or else its difficult to get placement in good companies .

Firstly survey the eligibility criteria of the company before submitting the application .

BEST WISHES ...!!
5th January 2013, 07:47 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to attend campus interview with 1 or 2 arrears as It depends on the company in which you going to attend the interview.

Here is a General Criteria to attend the interview. as under-

1. Minimum 60% or above in X, XII ,UG and PG(if any)except some companies like Wipro for which minimum of 50% in X and XII and 60% in UG and PG is required.

2. Should not have any arrears at the time of attending the interview.

But for some companies you can attend the interview with maximum of 2 or 3 current arrears and it should be cleared before the time of joining.

Some companies will give you a period of time after joining within that you should clear your arrears if you have any.

There are also other companies that recruits only candidates with no history of arrears or backlogs.
5th January 2013, 07:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For Campus Placement you should not have any backlogs in your previous semesters.

You must have completed the course if you want to appear for Campus Placement.

In most of the campus placement 65 % marks are required in the Course then only you will be allowed to sit in the Campus Interview.

So if you have backlogs then study hard and clear all the backlogs then you will be eligible for campus recruitment.

If you want to do job then you can apply for offline interview in other companies which take students with backlogs.

There are some companies which give jobs to those who have backlogs but salary may be not so good. So you can apply in those companies.

If you don't want to join job then prepare for your backlogs and clear it with good marks so that your overall percentage increases. All The Best..
5th January 2013, 09:08 PM
ipkay93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have one arrear in first semester and I have cleared it can I attend campus interview in a good company?
Hello dear aspirant, as you have a backlog and want to appear for the campus placement so the companies have their own norms for appearing in the placement procedure

As on today most of the companies do not allow you for the placement if you still have any backlogs to clear , most of the MNCs follow the same norm, but some companies do not allow you even if you have cleared all your previous backlogs like TCS, Intel, etc.

If the companies allow you to attend the placement process then:

First you need to clear a written test organised by the company which comprises aptitude and logical reasoning type questions .

After the successful completion of the written test you need to appear for the technical exam.

The final step is the Interview which is just to check the survival instinct in the company environment.

Regards,
Pkay.
5th January 2013, 09:19 PM
abhishek0123

Mostly many companies will not accept you as they require no backlogs. So I must say you 1st clear those subjects and then apply for the job.
5th January 2013, 09:21 PM
denwer1

Dear friend...
As you are having two backlogs, so you may or may not be eligible for good companies such as oracle, microsoft, google india or core companies like mahindra GAIL etc...but it depends upon the criteria of the company for your college. Generally IT companies like the TCS or WIPRO allows students having at least two backlogs upto 6th semester.
Now a days good companies like google, IBM, infosys etc(for IT sector) are also allowing candidates having backlogs but again it depends upon the criteria of college.
So i particularly suggest you not to get disheartened and prepare for the interviews. There are lots of companies now a days and you can definitely get a job in some from the campus visits itself.
5th January 2013, 09:56 PM
end of query
Senior Member+

Hi,
Nowadays, most of the companies, mainly the big ones, coming for the recruitment doesn't allow you to sit in their recruitment process if you're having live backlogs. Major companies like hcl, TCS, infosys, l&t, Honda etc, they all have a minimum criteria of aggregate 60% in your degree.
But there are companies which are not so widely popular or are in small scale sector, may allow you to sit for their placement but they also set up a time limit under which your degree should be complete.
Gud luck
5th January 2013, 10:04 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to attend campus interview with 1 or 2 arrears

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

Yes you can sometimes eligible for interview with 1 or 2 arrears.

But most of the time.80% of the Companies ask students with no arrears.Since they dont want to risk their intake of employee's.

So try for companies which come under level 3 companies.Sometimes they would not mind on the backlogs.Instead they would prefer % in academics and the subject you have.

They would see the depth of knowledge you have.They will give you a chance even though you have backlogs.But at the end of the semesters.You should clear your backlogs or else they wont take in their company.

But dont try for MNC's because they will reject you.Also if you apply your resume will be sent to their database and that will be a bad remark so dont.

Instead do it after clearing all your arrears and then apply for the post in a MNC's.

Ok all the best.Hope this info helped you.

All the best for your future endeavor's.

Any more Queries.
Don't Hesitate to ask me. Am happy to help you always. Just ping to my profile.

Best Regards,
Sampath.
5th January 2013, 11:24 PM
Prerna.roy1
Junior Member+

Quote:
no, u are not eligible, as most of the companies visit college have criteria that students should be clear in all subjects....... and some of those put criteria that students should be cream that means they should not have any back in any sem......... so make clear u'r all backs and wait for such company who requires students clearing their blocks....
5th January 2013, 11:29 PM
Prerna.roy1
Junior Member+

Quote:
no, u are not eligible, as most of the companies visit college have criteria that students should be clear in all subjects....... and some of those put criteria that students should be cream that means they should not have any back in any sem......... so make clear u'r all backs and wait for such company who requires students clearing their blocks....
15th January 2013, 09:28 PM
educationindia
Senior Member+

Hi Friends..........

Yes you are eligible to attend for campus interviews with 2 arrears because there should be exception for 2 subjects.......

ALL THE BEST..........
25th January 2013, 04:57 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
First i inform you that many company take recruitment with no backlog paper but some company allow one or two backlog but at the time of joining you need clear all the backlog. So, try to clear all the backlog before completing the course. In TCS campus placement drive there are maximum two backlog is allow.

You can also appear in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) examination. Many PSU company take recruitment through the GATE score card. If your GATE score under one thousand then you will be call directly for the interview of the recruitment in the PSU company. Do preparation well for the GATE entrance examination.

Wish you all the best for your ahead brightness career. Hope the above given information will be helpful for you.
9th February 2013, 12:04 AM
Unregistered

Hi friends i'm in 4th sem ece i have 1 backlog from 3rd sem i'm sure that i'll clear it in summer exam. Will i get job in intel or sankalp semiconductors etc core electronics company?
2nd April 2013, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Am I eligible to attend campus interview with 1 or 2 arrears

i am a CSE student i had a arrear in fundamentals of computing but i cleared it in the first attempt will i be eligible for Accenture placement
22nd September 2013, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

will tcs allow to attend campus with 3 arrears?
23rd September 2013, 01:01 AM
Mattyjkk

As you have mentioned that you have back paper in 7tn semester, you may or may not be eligible for appearing for placement interviews as it depends on the placement policy of the
company for which you are applying.Or in other words you can appear for the placement process of the company only if it is allowed by the executives of the company.

Camus placement is a process through which ambitious and competent candidates are directly placed in the companies that come to that particular college for selection of candidates
for filling the various vacancies in the company.There are various qualities that are viewed by the companies in the candidates that appear for the placement procedure of
the company..The various qualities are as follows-

1)Good communication skills-
The candidate must have a food command at spoken english.For that purpose you should listen to English news bulletin and should try to include new words and phrases
in your speech.You should try to increase your word stock and built a good command on verbal english.

2)Brilliant analytical english and practical exposure-
You should have good analytical skills as more and more companies are looking for candidates who are very good at analytical work.Apart from that if you have done any
internship pr any part time employment, then it can prove very much beneficial to you.You should be able to flaunt whatever you have learned from your prior experience.
23rd September 2013, 01:55 PM
ashok.more002

Generally a candidate applying for top MNC's with backlogs are not eligible to take a written examination..

As these companies prefer students having aggregate percentage more then 70%, obtained in first attempt only.....

But their various other software companies which recruit students with a aggregate of 60% and above with out concentrating on backlogs..

So friend forgetting about past try developing your skills and knowledge in required feilds as given below...
Basics programming language c,c++
Java, .net , Oracle etc..
Designing language HTML,XML,SQL. etc...
Communication skill
Aptitude related question..
and etc..

Because the companies coming mainly focus on the above given topics only for recruitment followed by group discussion/personal interviews..

And for regular update try looking in respective company website and news paper..
1st January 2014, 11:32 PM
Unregistered

I dont have arrears but my average is 56% upto 6th semester, am i eligible to campus interview
2nd May 2014, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

i have a 6 arriers in my engineering but i am a good java developer,am i have a any chance to placed in top software company
12th May 2014, 01:31 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

It is not at all good for the candidates of having backlogs in the academic levels.

It will demotivate the candidate and in addition to that, the candidate has to put extra efforts towards clearing those backlogs in addition to the regular semester exams.

Yes. Whatever you are thinking that is exactly right. The candidates who are having backlogs are not eligible to appear for campus placements.

Here is the criteria which is mandatory.

The candidate should be a career 60 candidate having scored minimum of 60% of marks in all the academic levels.

The candidate should not have any pending backlogs.

The academic gap should not be more than 2 years.,

So, what I suggest you is that finish of your backlogs as early as possible.

Because they are going to have impact on your career.

If possible, get the coaching from any Institute for the backlog that you have.

Make sure that you will not be having any pending backlogs by the time you complete your academic course.

Wish you all the best.
23rd June 2014, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I had one arrear in 2nd sem and i cleared it the very next sem now i have completed my engineering and i had got a interview call letter from HCL but the eligibility criteria says "no history of backlogs" whats does that suppose to mean and am i eligible to take up this HCL interview?
7th August 2014, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

Sir,i am currently in final year cse ,Mepco college.I got 74% with one arrear in 6th semester.Some companies like infosys,solaris have fixed the eligibility to attend the placement without any arrears.I want to know about the criteria about some companies(especially aricent and cts) since i have no source to know about this. whether Its possible to attend the placment or not, with arrear.
7th March 2016, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

I have one arrear in first semester but I cleared that but my certificate show the history of arrears after ibm or infosys select me to attend campus interview or not
5th June 2016, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to attend campus interview with 1 arrears in SAP company
30th June 2016, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Ya iam doing my 7th sem, in the past I had 4 block logs now I cleared all of them having the marks of 70%. is iam eligible for attending placement in CTS.
During on-campus.
7th July 2016, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

I have 3 arrears and I have written it and awaiting results am I eligible to attend the interview
13th August 2020, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

I have one backlog in my 5th sem because of fever. I think that it would be cleared in 6th sem but because covid-19 there is no exams. I have 8.88 cgpa with one backlog. Now, I get placements in companies?
2nd December 2020, 01:26 AM
Unregistered

I have one arrier in MSc CS last year 2020 batch we are all not allowed to atten the arrier exam so I still have arrier can I eligible to atten the interview
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?