21st June 2012, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for B.Tech course having scored 52.66% in 12th Class with Science stream?

sir,
i m a +2 science student. i hav cleared my +2 sc. course and i hav got 52.66% . am i eligible for btec ?

29th August 2012, 03:44 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Tech course having scored 52.66% in 12th Class with Science stream?

Most of the UGC recognized and deemed universities and recognized colleges require minimum 65% aggregate marks in higher secondary or equivalent from a recognized school/board to be eligible to apply for admission. ST/SC/ and OBC get a relaxation of 5% marks for admission in almost all the colleges/universities across India.

There are also colleges which take admission if you have secured 50% or above aggregate marks, but then again there shall always be a question mark left on the reputation and the quality of education they impart.

Moreover, you should also keep in mind that there are different branches/disciplines in B.Tech - civil engineering, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, computer science and electronics, electrical engineering, aeronautical engineering, information technology, automobile engineering, print engineering, mining engineering etc. You haven't even mentioned that, you want to take admission in which branch/discipline of engineering.

The other important criteria apart from your class 12 aggregate marks is you will have to clear engineering entrance examination to be eligible to apply for admission.
4th July 2014, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Tech course having scored 52.66% in 12th Class with Science stream?

sir myself sahil kumar belongs to sc caste have scored 48 marks in jee main & 77% in 12 board exam,so can i get govt .engg. college.
4th July 2014, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

sir i (belongs to sc caste) have scored 48 marks in jee main 2014 &77% in 12 board 2014,so can i get govt. engg college
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?