1st September 2013, 07:26 PM
istuti.deepak

Can I join Indian Navy after scoring 51% marks in 12th class with science stream

Can I join indian Navy having scored 51% of marks in 12th Class with Science stream?

2nd September 2013, 05:39 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy after scoring 51% marks in 12th class with science stream

Dear friend NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

NDA exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice time in a year for three wings.

- Army wings

- Navy wings

- Air force Wings

Eligibility criteria for NDA Examination :-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate must have completed 10+2 exam of a recognized School or Board and studying in the final year of 12th examination may also eligible to apply for Army wings.

For Navy / Air force wings:-

Candidate must have completed 10+2 with PCM subjects from a recognized board.

There is no minimum marks required for NDA Examination .

Age limit:-

Age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

There is No age relaxation for reserved categories in this exam.

Only unmarried Male candidate are eligible to apply this exam.

Selection process:-

- Written test

- Physical test

- Interview

All the best.......
2nd September 2013, 08:41 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Navy after scoring 51% marks in 12th class with science stream

Yes, you can join Navy, as you have completed 12th in science stream. More precisely saying, you must have studied Physics and mathematics as subjects. Percentage of marks obtained is not a problem. Selection is made through NDA entrance exam conducted by UPSC. In order to attend the test, you must be an unmarried male candidate between 16 ˝ and 19 years.
2nd September 2013, 09:05 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Indian Navy after 12th from Science stream through cracking NDA entrance exam. There is no requirement of any percentage of marks in 12th to apply for NDA.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy, the exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year for an entry in to Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The eligible candidate aspiring to join Indian Navy, must be an Indian unmarried Male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass Physics, Chemistry and Mathemetics from a recognised University within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental health.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd September 2013, 10:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by istuti.deepak View Post
Can I join indian Navy having scored 51% of marks in 12th Class with Science stream?

National defence academy is conducted by union public service commission twice in a year to recruits the candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wings of National Defence Academy.

Those candidate have completed 12th standard are applicable for NDA Exam Without having Mathematics and Physics subject student are eligible for NDA exam but you can apply only Indian Army post .NDA exam not require any percentage marks of the candidate.Yes , You are applicable for Indian Navy exam .

The candidate age should between 16.5 years to 19 years.There is no age relaxation for Sc/ST candidate . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. You must have Citizenship of India.

Best Books for NDA Exam

NDA & NA Solved Papers
Author: GKP
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

NDA/NA Topic-Wise Solved Papers (2002-2011) (Paperback)
Author: Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication

NDA/NA Chapterwise-Sectionwise Previous Years Question of Mathematics / English / General Ability With
Explanatory Solutions
Author: Expert Compilations
Publisher: Arihant Publications

I have attached the syllabus for NDA exam so please check it out .This papers are really helpful for you .

For more about NDA exam , you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SYLLABUS FOR NDA EXAM.PDF(119.0 KB, 65 views)
2nd September 2013, 06:02 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:

Hi,

Yes, you can join Indian Navy after 12th with science subjects. There is no percentage criteria, but your subjects should be PCM.

To join Indian Navy, you will have to qualify NDA exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year twice - NDA I and NDA II

NDA or National Defence Academy

In order to apply for NDA exam, you should have passed intermediate with Physics and Mathematics, from a recognized central or state board.

You age should not be less than 16.5 years and not more than 19 years.

You should be a male candidate and unmarried.

If you fulfil all these three main criteria, then you are eligible for applying to NDA exam.

You will have to qualify these three stages of selection, in order to get entry in Indian Navy --

Written Test
SSB interview
Physical fitness test

So, you can now apply for NDA exam.

Best of luck..
2nd September 2013, 07:46 PM
nishi513

HI FRIEND
## You can join in Indian Navy after the completion of 12th by clearing NDA examination
## NDA examination is conducted by UPSC two times every year to recruit the candidates in ARMY,NAVY and AIRFORCE WINGS of National Defence Academy
## The educational qualification required to apply for ARMY WING is 12th pass and for NAVY & AIRFORCE WINGS is 12th pass in 10+2 pattern with mathematics,physics subjects
## Age limit to apply for NDA examination is 16.5-19 years and unmarried male candidates only are eligible to apply
## And the candidate must be medically and physically fit as per Defence regulations
## For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in

** ALL THE BEST **
3rd September 2013, 11:33 AM
EFDRTG

Yes you can join Navy through NDA. Check the eligibility criteria below:

NDA Eligibility Criteria:

The examination of the NDA (National defence academy) is conducted by union public service commission-upsc twice in a year to recruits the candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wings of National Defence Academy. The eligible candidates apply through online and offline application mode. The eligibility details of the UPSC NDA exam details given below…

1. Nationality: A candidate must be a citizen of India.

2. Age: Only the Unmarried Male Candidates born not earlier than 2nd January,1995 and not later than 1st July ,1997 are eligible.

Sex: only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

3. Educational Qualifications:

(i)For Army wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy: A candidate must have passed 10+2 educational level with physics and mathematics subjects. Candidates who are appearing in the 12th class under the 10+2 pattern of school education or equivalent can also apply.

4. Physical Standards: Candidates must be physically fit and medically according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination.
3rd September 2013, 04:54 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
NDA stands for national defence academy , its exam is conducted by upsc twice a year ,

NDA conducts exam for following wings :

1. indian navy

2.indian army

3.indian air force

ELIGIBILITY for nda :

must be a citizen of india

or subject of bhutan or nepal

must have passed 12th from a recognised board

for navy and airforce must have studied physics,chemistry and maths

for indian army any stream student is allowed

AGE LIMIT :

age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years

no relaxation for any students

MARTIAL STATUS :

must be unmarried

only unmarried male allowed

selection process :

written exam
interview
medical test

there is no such requirement of marks for nda exam ,

so you are eligible for nda exam

good luck
3rd September 2013, 05:01 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
NDA stands for national defence academy , its exam is conducted by upsc twice a year ,

NDA conducts exam for following wings :

1. indian navy

2.indian army

3.indian air force

ELIGIBILITY for nda :

must be a citizen of india

or subject of bhutan or nepal

must have passed 12th from a recognised board

for navy and airforce must have studied physics,chemistry and maths

for indian army any stream student is allowed

AGE LIMIT :

age limit should be between 16.5 to 19 years

no relaxation for any students

MARTIAL STATUS :

must be unmarried

only unmarried male allowed

selection process :

written exam
interview
medical test

there is no such requirement of marks for nda exam ,

so you are eligible for nda exam

good luck
3rd September 2013, 09:03 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes of course you are eligible to give the NDA Examination and because you have science stream you have the option of choosing all the wings. That is an added advantage no doubt. However it has to be remembered that your choices will be considered only when you manage to perform well. The final selection will be based on your preferences more than your choice and preferences.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the NDA Entrance Exam that is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission is mainly to recruit candidates for the army wing, air force wing and naval wing. This exam is conducted every year for two times.

Let me tell you that the notifications for the NDA I exam of 2014 is already out and the exam is supposed to take place on 20th April, 2014, Sunday. So if you are interested to apply for this exam next year then you can do so by logging in to the website of UPSC. The application needs to be done online.

NDA Exam Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to be a citizen of India.
  • You should be an unmarried male citizen of India.
  • Girls are not allowed to give this examination.
  • For the army wing an HS certificate is required. Subject combination does not matters.
  • For both navy and air force wing along with an HS certificate, physics and maths should be there at 10+2 level as compulsory subjects.
  • The lower age limit is 16.5 years and the upper age limit is 19 years.
Selection Procedure:-

The selection procedure consists of the following stages:-
  • Written Examination
  • Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test
On qualifying stage II following documents needs to be produced by you:-
  1. Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth;
  2. Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
Exam Pattern:-
  • Mathematics- 2.5 Hours- 300 marks
  • General Ability Test- 2.5 Hours- 600 marks
CDS I 2014 Notifications:-
  • Date of notification: 21st December, 2013
  • Last date for submission of application:20th January, 2014, Monday
  • Date of commencement or exam: 20th April, 2014, Sunday
NDA Exam Books To Follow:-

NDA/ NA Topicwise Solved Papers
by Disha Experts
Publisher: Disha Publication

NDA-NA Exam Guide National Defence naval Academy
by Datason Rp
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Study Package for NDA/NA Entrance Exam
by Tmh
Publisher: Tata Mc-graw Hill Publishing

NDA (Previous Years Papers)
(Paperback)
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Hope this helps :-> :->
7th September 2013, 10:26 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Deepak,

There is no need of any specific % of marks in 12th class to join Indian Navy. If you want to join Indian Navy after passing the 12th class then NDA Exam is the best option for you.

The Union Public Service Commission conducts the NDA Examination twice every year for the selection of candidates in the following wings of Indian Defense Line :

* Indian Army

* Indian Navy

* Indian Air Force

The Exam is conducted twice every year as NDA-I & NDA-II in the months of April and August respectively.

The NDA Exam is conducted in the following phases :

1) Written Examination

2) SSB Interview

3) Medical Test

The Qualifications Required for NDA Examination are :

** The candidate must have completed 12th from any recognized board.

** The candidate must have completed 12th with PCM as key subjects.

** Candidates appearing in std. 12th can also apply.

** The age limit is 16.5-19 years with no relaxation in upper age given to any candidate.

** The candidate must be an Indian Male.

** Female Candidates are not allowed to apply for the same.

** The canddiates must be unmarried.

** The candidates must be mentally and physically fit.

So , if you feel that you have the above mentioned qualifcations , then you can apply for the NDA Examination and passing this you can join the Indian Navy.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
18th September 2013, 10:39 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

Yes, you can join Indian Navy after scoring 51% marks in 12th class in science stream if you have Mathematics as compulsory subject in 12th. NDA is conducted by UPSC. There is no any marks related eligibility is stated in the NDA guidelines. Candidates who have passed 12th with whatever marks are eligible to apply. Candidates who qualify the NDA examination are recruited in Indian Defense Service. On the basis of marks scored in NDA exam candidates are recruited in the following three Wings of Indian Defense.

The three Wings of Indian Defense are
:

i) Indian Army

ii) Indian Navy

iii) Indian Air Force

There are some eligibility criteria candidates must have to fulfill for the examination:

* 12th in any stream from a recognized board.

* Candidates wish to join Indian Navy / Indian Air force then PCM should be the compulsory subjects in 12th.

* Candiates in the final year of 12th are also eligible to apply.

* Age of candidate falls between 16.5 to 19 years.

* Citizenship should be Indian. Whether a Subject of Nepal / Bhutan can also apply.

* Marital Status - Unmarried candidates only.

* Sex - Male candidates only.

* Fitness - Physically and Mentally fit candidates only.

The exam is conducted in three stages:

* Written exam

* Interview

* Medical Test.

For more information you have the official link here - http://upsc.gov.in

That's it

Thanks.
12th June 2016, 02:48 PM
rohitrohilla81

14th June 2016, 12:36 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can join Indian Navy after scoring 51% marks in 12th class with science stream. You can join Navy through NDA exam.

NDA - Stands for National Defence Academy

This Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in yearly twice i.e.

NDA - I

and

NDA - II

NDA have three wings i.e.

Indian Air Force

Indian Army

Indian Navy

Eligibility criteria:

The applicant should be complete 12th standard or it's equivalent from a recognized university.

Percentage is not required for this exam.

PCM subjects are required for the Indian Navy & Airforce wings.

Applicant must be a citizen of India.

The age limits are 16.5 years to 19 years and no upper age relaxation.

For India Airforce and Navy you need to complete 12th standard with PCM subjects but no need for Indian army.

Only unmarried and male candidates are eligible.

Selection procedure:

Written exam

Medical test

Interview

Syllabus:

Mathematics-300 marks

General ability-600 marks

Total 900 marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?