17th March 2011, 09:35 PM
vishal nalwaya

Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 51% in B.Com final year?

I hv got above 60%marks in 10th, 12th n PG bt in gradution i hv got only 51%marks(b.com) so can i fight bank po exam?

18th March 2011, 09:17 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 51% in B.Com final year?

Hiii Friend,

You are not eligibile for Bank PO exam after B.Com. with 51% marks.

Eligibility for Bank PO exam: -

1. Pass graduation / Bachelors degree in any subject or in any engineering stream or equivqlent with minimum 60 % aggregate marks from a recognised institute / university.

2. Age - 21 Years to 30 Years for General candidates, 21 Years to 33 Years for OBC candidates and 21 Years to 35 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. Nationality - Indian

NOTE: - Final year appearing candidates can also apply for Bank PO exam.

Best of Luck & Good Wishes
18th March 2011, 09:36 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 51% in B.Com final year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal nalwaya View Post
I hv got above 60%marks in 10th, 12th n PG bt in gradution i hv got only 51%marks(b.com) so can i fight bank po exam?

Bank P.O is a very reputed post and also has good salary package and power as well. After gaining some experience as P.O, you can be promoted to the Manager Post . However this exam is not considered very tough but also not the easiest.You must have good English as well. Lets see about the eligibility criteria first.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR A BANK P.O

AGE-21 to 30 years for general category students. There is a
provision of age relaxation upto 5 years for a SC/ST candidates and Ex-
Serviceman, 3 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for physically
challenged persons.

EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION-You need at least a Graduation degree
from a recognized board or university.

MARKS- The marks criteria differs with different bank but if you have 60% in graduation,then you are eligible for all most all banks.For SC/St there is a provision of marks relaxation upto 5%.

Now looking to your condition you have completed your graduation because you have already completed your bachelor's degree so you are eligible as far as educational qualification is concerned.

But you have only 51% marks in Graduation.This resists you from clearing the eligibility criteria of bank P.O.

You would be able to apply for bank P.O if and only if you belongs to SC/ST category because you have very less marks in graduation and there is nothing to do with your marks in class 10th or 12th.

With Regards
ravik1214
18th March 2011, 09:44 AM
cricket007
Banned

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 51% in B.Com final year?

State Bank of India is the most common and nationalized bank of India which is conducting the Probationary officer exam for recruiting candidates for the post of PO. SBI invites all the Indian eligible candidates to fill online application forms to be recruited as for the post of PO.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate must be citizen of India.
Candidate should have completed their graduation with at least 60 % aggregate from the recognized University to be eligible for this course.
Candidate must be computer literate to be eligible for this course.
Candidate must be above 21 years of age and must not be more than 30 years of age.

Selection Criteria:

1.Tier I - Preliminary Examination : Time 2 Hours

Candidates have to appear in objective type examination conducted by the bank.
Examination will consist of:

i.Reasoning Ability Test
ii.Quantitative Aptitude
iii.General Awareness/Computer Knowledge
iv.English Language

2.Tier II - Main Test : Time 3 Hours

This will be an Objective and Descriptive type examination
The objective type examination of 2 hours duration will consist of :

i.Test of Reasoning
ii.Data Analysis and Interpretation
iii.Marketing Knowledge
iv.Test of English Language

The Descriptive type examination will be a test of English knowledge that has to be done in 1 hour.

3.Tier III - Group Discussion & Interview :

Selected candidates from Tier I and II are called for Personal Interview and Group Discussion conducted by the respective Bank.

Contact Details:

For Complete Details: visit www.sbi.co.in
Central Recruitment & Promotion Deptt.
Tulsiani Chambers,
1st Floor,(West Wing),
212, Free Press Journal Marg,
Nariman Point, Mumbai-400 021.
18th March 2011, 09:46 AM
simran kaur20389

Dear Friend

Educational qualifications: Degree from a recognized University or any equivalent examination recognized as such by the Government of India.
tIn addition to above, Proficiency in computer and certificate of having completed training from a reputed institute is also essential.

Age limit: A candidate for this examination should have attained the age of 2 1 years and must not have attained the age of 28 years on the 1st January of the year of examination. The age is relaxable for Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes, etc.

All the very best
18th March 2011, 10:00 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Hi,
I think as per eligibility criteria you are not eligible for Bank PO exam.But eligiblity criteria may vary from bank to bank so see the detailed notification for that.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BANK PO EXAM:

Educational qualifications :-
1) You need to have a degree from a recognized University or any equivalent examination recognized as such by the Government of India.
You should have completed your graduation with at least 60 % aggregate marks.
2) You need to have fundamental computer skill.

Age limit :-
Your age should be within 21 - 30 years on the 1st January of the year of examination.

Relaxation in Upper Age limit :-
1) For SC/ST :- 5 years
2) For OBC :- 3 years

No of attempts :- You can attempt maximum 3 times for the exam.

regards
Kapila
18th March 2011, 10:34 AM
cricket007
Banned

Recruitment of Probationary Officers in State Bank of India; and recruitment of probationary officers (rural business) in State Bank of India

Date of common written examination: 18.04.2010 (Sunday)

On-line registration will start from: 01.02.2010

Last date for registration of online applications: 02.03.2010 Last Date extended upto March 10, 2010 Click here for details

Applications are invited from eligible Indian citizens for appointment as Probationary officers (POs) and Probationary officers (Rural Business), POs (RB) in State Bank of India. Candidates selected are liable to be posted anywhere in India. In case of POs (RB) the selected officers will remain under Rural Business Group (RBG) for a minimum period of 10 years.

Vacancies: Vacancies for OH/VH category candidates are reserved horizontally. Vacancies including reserved vacancies are provisional and may vary according to the requirements of Bank.

Probationary Officers, SC 345, ST -372, OBC 621, General 1162, Total 2500

Probationary Oofficers (Rural business), SC 300, ST 150, OBC 540, General 1010, Total 2000

Total, SC 645, ST 522, OBC 1161, General 2172, Total 4500

Eligible candidates desirous of applying for both the posts should register single on-line application by depositing fees only once

There will be a common written examination for both the posts. Candidates have an option to apply for both the posts while registering on-line application.

Eligibility criteria (as on 28/02/2010)
Essential academic qualifications: General category and others category - 60% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or in Diploma after Xth standard; and 55% aggregate marks in Graduation. SC/ST/PWD category - 55% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or in Diploma after Xth standard; and 50% aggregate marks in Graduation. In case of candidates having professional qualification(s) of CA or CWA or CFA or CS (company secretary), where graduation is not compulsory, the General and others category candidates should have secured minimum 60% aggregate marks in XIIth standard or Diploma (55% in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates) and pass marks in above examination(s).

Graduate Candidates who have not passed XIIth standard examination but have passed diploma course after Xth standard with 60% aggregate marks (55% for SC/ ST/PWD) are eligible for the captioned recruitment, provided (a) Diploma course passed must be a minimum of two years duration full time course (diploma course through correspondence are not eligible) (b) Diploma course should be recognized/ approved by the state board of technical education of the concerned state /UT.

The percentage of marks in XIIth std./diploma course/ graduation shall be arrived at by dividing the marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects by aggregate maximum marks of all subjects irrespective of optional/ additional optional subjects studied. Similarly percentage of marks in graduation shall be arrived at by dividing the aggregate of marks obtained by the candidate in all subjects by maximum marks of the all subjects of course (both for Pass/ Honour course) for all the years of the course.

Where the candidates have been awarded cumulative grade point average scores (CGPA scores) or overall grade point average scores (OGPA scores) or any other kind of grades in their results, they will have to produce a certificate from the registrar/ controller of examination / Institute indicating the equivalent of percentage marks obtained by them.

Age limit as on 28.02.2010

POs - Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 28.02.2010 i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than 01.03.1980 and not later than 28.02.1989 (both days inclusive)

POs (RB) - Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 28.02.2010 i.e. candidates must have been born not earlier than 01.03.1980 and not later than 28.02.1989 (both days inclusive). In case of candidates who have worked in scheduled commercial bank(s) in the field of Agriculture/Rural business, the upper age will be relaxed by the completed number of years of experience of the candidates, subject to maximum of 5 years.

Relaxation in the upper age limit to reserved category candidates: 3 years in the case of OBC candidates (ii) 5 years in the case of SC/ST/Ex-servicemen (iii) 10 years for VH/OH (Gen); 13 years for VH/OH (OBC) and 15 years for VH/OH (SC/ST) candidates

Selection procedure (common for both the posts)
Phase- I: Written examination - combined duration 3 Hrs (combined objective and descriptive type tests) - Max marks-250 (combined). Duration of objective type test will be 2 hours, maximum marks 200 and will consist of (i) test of English language (grammar, vocabulary, comprehension etc.) (ii) test of general awareness, marketing and computers (iii) test of data analysis and interpretation (iv) test of reasoning (high level), duration of descriptive type test will be 1 hour, maximum marks-50 and the test will be of test of English language (comprehension, short precis, letter writing and essay), descriptive test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who are adequately high in percentile ranking in each of all the four objective tests and have scored overall aggregate 40% and above in case of general category and aggregate 35% and above in case SC/ST/OBC/PWD category. The qualifying marks for descriptive test will also be overall aggregate 40% for general category and overall aggregate 35% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD. The merit list of written examination will be based on the aggregate of the marks obtained by the candidates in objective and descriptive tests.

Phase-II: Group discussion and interview (a) for POs maximum marks 50, GD 20, Interview 30. The aggregate marks of objective test and descriptive test will be arranged in descending order and the candidates who have qualified in both the written examinations will be called for group discussion and interview depending upon the vacancies in each category, subject to maximum of 3 times of the vacancies.

(b) for POs (RB) maximum marks 50, GD - 10, Interview - 30, Experience 10. The aggregate marks of objective test and descriptive test will be arranged in descending order and the candidates who have qualified in both the written examinations will be called for group discussion and interview depending upon the vacancies in each category, subject to maximum of 3 times of the vacancies. Out of 50 marks of phase II, 10 marks are earmarked for experience i.e. candidates will be given 2 marks for each completed year of experience in the field of agriculture and rural banking in scheduled commercial bank subject to maximum 10 marks. Candidates found eligible for phase II i.e. group discussion and interview will have to produce experience certificate(s) from their employer(s) (scheduled commercial banks) certifying the number of completed years of service as on 28.02.2010 in the field of agricultural/rural banking in scheduled commercial bank(s).

(c) Final selection: The marks of group discussion and interview will be put together and the candidates who secure minimum 40% marks (minimum 35% in case of SC/ST/OBC/PWD) in group discussion and interview will be considered for final selection. The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category. The candidate will have to pass both in phase I and II separately. Phase I and phase II marks will be aggregated and arranged in descending order (category wise) for candidates who have qualified in both the phases separately and depending on the vacancies, selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category.

Results of the candidates who have qualified for phase I and thereafter the list of candidates finally selected will be available on the banks website in addition to publication in employment news/ Rozgar samachar.

NOTE : Those candidates who do not receive call letters latest by 04/04/2010 should contact in person at the relative address indicated against examination centre opted by them along with print out of application and original fee receipt. No action is possible if contacted after 09/04/2010. Duplicate call letters will be issued on production of the fee receipt in original and print out of application, provided the application has not been rejected.
The candidates are advised to preserve fee receipt in original and the print out ofon-line application. While original fee receipt will have to be submitted at the timeof written examination, the print out of the on-line application will have invariablyto be submitted at the time of phase II.

Every candidate should indicate the name and code number of the Centre where he/she desires to take the examination. NO CHANGE IN THE CHOICE OF EXAMINATION CENTRE WILL BE ENTERTAINED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. BANK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD OR DELETE ANY CENTRE OR ALTER EXAMINATION DATE AT ITS DISCRETION.

Written examination will be held at following centres, Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara, Bangalore, Gulbarga, Hubli, Mysore, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur, Bhubaneswar, Berhampur (Ganjam), Cuttack, Sambalpur, Ambala, Chandigarh, Jalandhar, Jammu, Ludhiana, Patiala, Palampur, Shimla, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Puducherry, Tiruchirapalli, Nungambakkam, Agartala, Aizwal, Dibrugarh, Guwahati, Imphal, Dispur, Itanagar, Kohima, Shillong, Silchar, Hyderabad, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Asansol, Gangtok, Kolkata, Port Blair, Siliguri, Allahabad, Bareilly, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Lucknow, Hazratganj, Varanasi, Agra, Ajmer, Dehradun, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Meerut, Nainital, New Delhi, Udaipur, Aurangabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Pune, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Ranchi, Kochi, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Thampanoor, Thiruvananthapuram

Emoluments

Pay: Selected candidates will be on probation for a period of two years. They will draw a starting basic pay of Rs. 11,880/- in the scale of Rs. 10000-470/6-12820-500/ 3-14320-560/7-18240 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale I. They will also be eligible for D.A., HRA & CCA as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly emoluments of Probationary Officers, including D.A., HRA and CCA, are approximately Rs. 20,850/- at Metropolitan centres.

Application fee and postage (non refundable) can be deposited between 01.02.2010 and 28.02.2010 in any branch of State Bank of India.

SC / ST / PWD Rs. 50/- (postal charges only), general and others Rs. 500/- (application fee including postal charges)

How to Apply
How to apply for State Bank of India PO Exam 2010 - See Video

How to apply: Candidates are required to go to any Branch of State Bank of India and pay the amount of prescribed fees/postal charges and get receipt from the branch. The original receipt should be retained and produced at the time of written test. The candidates are required to apply online through website www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in. No other means/mode of application will be accepted. The last date of registering applications is 02.03.2010. Application registration on our website will be open from 01.02.2010 to 02.03.2010.

Guidelines for filling application are as under

Candidates should have a valid e-mail id. This will help him/ her in getting call letter/ interview advices etc. by e-mail.

Candidates should ensure that on deposit of fee, the branch issues to him/her a receipt which should invariably mention under noted items (i) Journal number (7-10 digits) (ii) Branch Name (iii) Branch code number and (iv) date of deposit. The payment of fees should be made between 01.02.2010 and 28.02.2010. This date will be same for the candidates belonging to far-flung areas. Candidates should keep a copy each of the application printout and fee receipt for their record. An Acquaint Yourself booklet and bio-data form will be sent to the candidates along with the call letter for written test. Candidates serving in Government/ Quasi-Government offices, Public Sector undertaking including Nationalised Banks and Financial Institutions will be required to submit no objection certificate from the employer at the time of interview, failing which their candidature may not be considered and traveling expenses, if any, otherwise admissible, will not be paid. Original payment receipt and bio-data form will have to be submitted with the call letter at the time of written examination.
18th March 2011, 11:55 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,

see the educational criteria varies from bank to bank.....

but most of the banks need a minimum of 55% marks in graduation.....for general category.
and for SC/SC/PC it is 50%....

so you are eligible if you comes under these category.....otherwise it is difficult to apply in certain banks which demands more than 51% in graduation.
18th March 2011, 01:41 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
The eligibility criteria for the post of PO differ in private sector and public sector banks. To be eligible for most of the banks PO examination, candidates must have secured a minimum of 60% in +2 and 55% in bachelor degree exam.
Every bank mentions the eligibility criteria in the notification and hence you need to fulfill it. Now a days, apart from a bachelors degree, the banks also require the candidate to have fair knowledge in computer applications. So, you must visit the official website of banks to know their standards set for recruitment for the post of PO.
1st April 2011, 10:13 AM
Unregistered

i have done graduation in russian language.can i apply for bank po and cat exam.
2nd April 2011, 04:31 PM
Revathy GM

Dear friend

You are eligible to appear for Bank Clerk exam eith your 12th marks . your graduation percentage will not fullfill the eligibility to appear in bank P.O exam. You must be between 21 - 30 years of age. Write clerk exam first and then you can write for P.O exam

Practice to solve apptitude fast

All the best
7th April 2011, 03:07 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

In recent days there are several notifications regarding the recruitment of Probationary officers by several banks.

As you have scored just 51% in your graduation degree you are almost not eligible for the bank Probationary officers exam if you are a candidate from General category.

Here i am providing the eligibility criteria for bank PO exams.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years
-Relaxation is there for the candidates of SC/ST

Academic qualification :
-One should have secured an aggregate of 55% in his graduation.
-Relaxation is there for the candidates of SC/ST.

Some banks may also consider aggregate percentage of marks of 10+2.

So if you belong to the category other than General, then you may be eligible for bank PO exam.
7th April 2011, 05:25 PM
sarawgi.ankit

Location: District & session court Dindori disst. Dindori (MP)

hi....
i m sorry to inform u that u r not eligible for bank PO exam because they need graduation with minimum 60%

Bank PO eligibility criteria:::

Candidate must be citizen of India.
Candidate should have completed their graduation with at least 60 % aggregate from the recognized University to be eligible for this course.
Candidate must be computer literate to be eligible for this course.
Candidate must be above 21 years of age and must not be more than 30 years of age.
age factor depend upon categorize wise.

But u can appy for Clerk post
7th April 2011, 08:42 PM
vijaypatel54
Senior Member+

Hi,
The eligibility criteria for the post of PO differ in private sector and public sector banks. To be eligible for most of the banks PO examination, candidates must have secured a minimum of 60% in +2 and 55% in bachelor degree exam.
Every bank mentions the eligibility criteria in the notification and hence you need to fulfill it. Now a days, apart from a bachelors degree, the banks also require the candidate to have fair knowledge in computer applications. So, you must visit the official website of banks to know their standards set for recruitment for the post of PO.

Thanks
7th April 2011, 08:50 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hey friend,
As you have requested to know whether you are eligible for Bank PO exam.The eligibility for Bank PO vary from bank to bank as far concerned with some banks,i am sorry to say that "you are not eligible" for the exam as the basic eligibilty for Bank PO exam is mentioned below:

1. First of all you must be a citizen of INDIA.

2. Candidates must have finished their graduate from a authorized university with 60% aggregate (This is where you lack).

3. Candidates must be familiar about computers and must have a knowledge about MS Office.

4. Candidates must be minimum of 21years of age upto maximum of 30years.

Selection Criteria:

1.Tier I - Preliminary Examination : Time 2 Hours
61Candidates have to answer objective type exam conducted by the bank.
61The exam will consist of:

i.Reasoning Ability Test
ii.Quantitative Aptitude
iii.General Awareness/ComputerKnowledge
iv.English Language

2.Tier II - Main Test : Time 3 Hours
61This will be an Objective and Descriptive type examination
61The objective type exam for 2 hours duration will consist of :

i.Test of Reasoning
ii.Data Analysis and Interpretation
iii.Marketing Knowledge
iv.Test of English Language

61The Descriptive type examination will be a test of English knowledge that has to be done in 1 hour.

3.Tier III - Group Discussion & Interview :
61Selected candidates from Tier Iand II are called for Personal Interview and Group Discussion conducted by the respective Bank.

THANK YOU.
7th April 2011, 10:43 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

the minimum eligibility criteria for the bank po exam is that a minimum of the 55% of the marks in the graduation and 60% of the marks in the 12th board exam .....
and as you have 51 % of the marks in the B.Comm so you are not eligible for the bank po entrance exam ........
7th April 2011, 10:45 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

the minimum eligibility criteria for the bank po exam is that a minimum of the 55% of the marks in the graduation and 60% of the marks in the 12th board exam .....
and as you have 51 % of the marks in the B.Comm so you are not eligible for the bank po entrance exam ........
8th April 2011, 10:42 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

you are not Eligible for Bank PO Exam.

Eligibility criteria :

21 - 30 yrs for general candidates.

21 - 33 yrs for OBC candidates.

21 - 35 yrs for SC/ST candidates.

Education qualification :

The candidate must have done graduation with at least 55% marks.

And The Eligibility criteria are vary from bank To bank.
8th April 2011, 12:52 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO exam after scoring 51% in B.Com final year?

you may be eligible for bank examination....because many banks have creteria of qualification is 60% marks in 12th......i think you are eligible
9th October 2011, 01:03 PM
anand5409

Dear friend,
Now bank PO exams is conducted jointed for 19 banks by IBPS.
Eligibility criteria
1. Age should be between 20 years & 30 years. Age relaxation for reserved category.
2. Degree in any discipline from any recognised university or equivalent
3. Nationality Indian
so you are eligible if your age falls between 20 yrs & 30 yrs, because there is no any marks condition in graduation.

best of luck
10th November 2011, 08:06 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir,
I hve got 45% in 10th, 64% in 12th and 74%in graduation, am I eligible for bank PO for all the banks ?
10th November 2011, 05:51 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend,

Those candidate have completed their graduation degree from any recognized university are eligible for BANK PO exam.

They are not require any kind of percentage marks in graduation for this time.

But your age must be in between 20 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC candidate .For Sc/ST candidate have age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC candidate it is 3 years.

BANK PO exam consist of two steps 1) Written test 2)Personal Interview.

For written test you must be prepare for mathematics and general knowledge.Also you must have basic knowledge computer field.

Every bank set their own criteria .So it is not perfect criteria all BANK PO exam.

A new restriction has been imposed on the number of attempts for the candidates. For general number of attempts is 4, for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST.

Thanks
15th November 2011, 11:35 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,Now i am B.Tech final year, after these i want to write BANK EXAMS to settle in good post (PO), sugest me what to ... 14th September 2011 01:51 PM #1. Unregistered Guest ... Am I eligible for Bank exams after scoring 60% marks? ... If you want to get into Bank as PO .you must first apply for the IBPS exams which is ...

OK,
15th November 2011, 02:34 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hello sir,you have scored just 51% in your graduation degree you are almost not eligible for the bank Probationary officers exam if you are a candidate from General category.
Here i am providing the eligibility criteria for bank PO exams.
Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years
-Relaxation is there for the candidates of SC/ST
Academic qualification :
-One should have secured an aggregate of 55% in his graduation.
-Relaxation is there for the candidates of SC/ST.
Some banks may also consider aggregate percentage of marks of 10+2.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?