28th June 2016, 12:30 PM

Am I eligible to become an Assistant Professor of ECE branch in any Engineering college having done B.E. in Instrumentation and M.Tech in Digital Communication?

Hi,
I have completed my B.E. in Instrumentation & Technology with 66.76% and M.Tech in Digital Communication & Networking DCN with 75.50% from VTU. Am I eligible or not for becoming Assistant Professor for ECE branch in any Engineering college?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor job in Electronics and Communication engineering branch? -- [New]
  2. Is MSc, M.Tech eligible for Assistant Professor in Engineering College?
  3. not correct
  4. What is the eligibility for assistant professor in ECE department
  5. Am I eligible for assistant professor(for ECE or CAS stream) post? I have done my B.E in ECE and my M.E in Process Control and Instrumentation
  6. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  7. Eligibility to become an Assistant Professor in governemnt or government aided colleges?
  8. Am I eligible for training as Assistant professor in Engineering in Electronics or Electrical Engineering branch in engineering college after doing MSc Physics with specialization in electronics?
  9. What all exams are required to take after pursuing PhD from Abroad for being Professor in a university?
  10. Can I I teach B.Tech/M.Tech students of engineering colleges after PhD in Electronics & Instrumentation Technology?
  11. List of specializations available to study in M.E. at Manipal University?
  12. Am i eligible for Assistant Professor after completing diploma in Electrical Engineering, B.E in Instrumentation and M.Tech Power System
  13. Is M.Sc, M.Tech eligible for Assistant Professor in Engineering college? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to do M.Tech in instrumentation field after completing B.E ECE
  15. Is MCA ME eligible for Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering
  16. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  17. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  18. How to get a job as a professor in private/government college
28th June 2016, 10:09 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an Assistant Professor of ECE branch in any Engineering college having done B.E. in Instrumentation and M.Tech in Digital Communication?

Yes, you are eligible to become assistant professor in engineering college with M.Tech degree with more than 55% marks. For that you have to appear for NET/SLET exam.

The eligibility criteria for assistant professor in engineering college are as under :-

-The candidate must have passed Master's Degree with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university of India or licensed foreign University.

-The candidate should have qualified in NET/ SLET organized by UGC, CSIR or similar authority.

-The candidate who have passed Ph.D Degree with minimum procedure and standards mentioned by UGC regulation are exempted to qualify in NET / SET / SLET .
28th June 2016, 11:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become an Assistant Professor of ECE branch in any Engineering college having done B.E. in Instrumentation and M.Tech in Digital Communication?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi,
I have completed my B.E. in Instrumentation & Technology with 66.76% and M.Tech in Digital Communication & Networking DCN with 75.50% from VTU. Am I eligible or not for becoming Assistant Professor for ECE branch in any Engineering college?
You have completed M.Tech course, So you are eligible for Assistant Professor post but you should complete Ph.D course.

If you have qualified in UGC NET/ SET/ SLET exam, then you are eligible for Assistant Professor post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?