5th September 2010, 02:31 PM
selvaperumal

Is MCA ME eligible for Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering

HI i am a MCA ME graduate and i want to know am i eligible to work as a
Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering.
some persons are saying that only BE with ME is eligible according to the latest AICTE guidelines 2010.
I dont know what to do if somebody could able to help me i will be thankful for them ever please................
if anybody knows about that please send me to
[email protected]

Last edited by selvaperumal; 19th September 2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  2. What is the eligibility for assistant professor in ECE department
  3. Am I eligible for the post of Assistant professor in department of computer engineering in private engineering college
  4. Can I apply for Assistant Professor post in engineering colleges after M.Sc. and M.E. in computer science?
  5. MCA holder is eligible for the post of assistant professor in B.Sc Computer Science?
  6. What steps should I follow after completing B.Tech in Computer Science to become an Assistant Professor in an Engineering College? -- [New]
  7. Whether MCA graduate is eligible to become an Assistant professor in B.Sc(Computer Science) colleges?
  8. Is MSc, M.Tech eligible for Assistant Professor in Engineering College?
  9. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study PhD in Computer Application for an Assistant Professor who has completing MCA?
  10. Am i eligible to teach assistant professor in engineering college?
  11. Am I eligible to become a assistant professor in civil department? I have completed bachelor in chemical engineering
  12. Is a MCA, M.E student eligible for assistant professor in engineering colleges?
  13. Universities offering MS in Automation?
  14. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  15. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for CSE Engineering department professor job?
  16. Assistant Professor qualification issue with the university
  17. How to become a Assistant Professor in government college after completing M.Tech in computer science and engineering
  18. Am I eligible to work as an Assistant Professor in Engineering college after completing M.E in Software Engineering?
5th September 2010, 08:55 PM
robart
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is MCA ME eligible for Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering

dear friend,

yes, you are eligible for Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering.

as MCA ME is equivalent to the B.tech. in Computer Science and Engineering so you can apply for the post of lecturer in the engineering colleges.

after about 10 years you will be promoted to assistant professor.

good luck.
5th September 2010, 11:00 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is MCA ME eligible for Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by selvaperumal View Post
Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering.
some persons are saying that only BE with ME is eligible accordint to the latest AICTE guidelines 2010.
I dont know what to do if somebody could able to help me i will be thankful for them ever please................
Dear friend
Its not true that only BTech students are eligible for Asst professor post. An MCA also can be an Asst professor. But one needs to have a PhD degree in his field to apply for the professorship.
You can do your PhD in any university wherever applicable or You should go for NET (Natinal Eligibility Test) for PhD degree and then only you can apply for Lectureship. After some years' experience in Lectureship you would be eligible for Asst Professor.
For NET details visit: http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/net.html
Thank You
6th September 2010, 12:10 PM
chaitu667

Default Re: Is MCA ME eligible for Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering

Hello sir!

Definitely you are eligible for Assistant professor. Your qualifications are possibelly equal to M.E with B.E qualifications.

As both MCA M.E and B.E M.E have most common subjects that you have learnt, MCA M.E students are eligible for assistant professor in engineering college but the fact is M.E with B.E candidates have more preferance than MCA M.E candidates.

Whatever the result is try your level best.

All the best!
6th September 2010, 01:43 PM
neha4001

MCA courses also AICTE approved...if you are willing to M.Tech it will be
only one year after MCA..for more such information visit
examresultscenter.com
6th September 2010, 09:39 PM
meeria

Dear student

sorry to say you are not eligible for Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering.

because you have already complete you MCA fine and that is equivalent B.tech now rule is that you if wanna to lecturer in B.tech college you must have qualification at least
M.tech and eligible for Assistant professor M.tech with P.hd plus Experience.
i think that depend upon college which lecturer will be selected for Assistant professor

so if you want to lecture in Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering please complete at least M.tech,

otherwise many of the colleges accept 80% marks in MCA or B.tech and GATE score also,

can job in other college or company or bank........so on.

if you want to complete M.tech then you must appear GATE exam after qualify this exam
then you can chance to do M.tech

as you wish

all the best
7th September 2010, 01:35 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

Yes, off course you are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant professor in the department of Computer Science and Engineering of any engieering/technology college since MCA ME is considered equivalent to BTech.

However for applying for the post of professor you must hold a Phd in the relevant discipline.
7th September 2010, 10:34 AM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend,
As you have done your MCA . But sorry to say that you are not eligible to be a lecturer in computer science & engineering department.
Because for a lecturer the qualification was B.Tech in one year before, but now a days it is B.Tech + M.Tech.
Only B.Tech student can teach B.Tech student, but MCA can't.

As you are an MCA then you can apply for BCA college or in MCA department.

But you can try for M.Tech also which will increase the possibility for you to enter in Computer Science & engineering department.

good luck.
17th September 2010, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

HI i am a MCA MTech graduate and i want to know am i eligible to work as a
some persons are saying that only BTech MTech is eligible accordint to the latest AICTE guidelines 2010.
I dont know what to do if somebody could able to help me i will be thankful for them ever please.............. please send a proof copy to my E.Mail: [email protected]
25th October 2010, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Yes MCA ME is eligible for lecturer post in dept. of Computer science & engg
27th October 2010, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

wheather mca student are eligible for lecturership on engineering colleges
2nd November 2010, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

HI i am a BE graduate and i want to know am i eligible to work as a
17th November 2010, 07:49 AM
Unregistered

Is MSc, MPhil eligible to teach MCA course in Engineering
18th November 2010, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

NO idea.
8th December 2010, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

i have done MCA with 1st class and and doing job as BCA LECTURER in MY COLLEGE
should i have to clear NET/SLET exam to get 6th pay scale.but as per my job order is concern its written as AICTE PAY scale.but if i know that k its UGC norm.
give me sol
14th December 2010, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

is second class in BE & first class in ME eligible for lecturer.
15th December 2010, 07:27 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend,

I wont say that you are not eligible for Assistant Professor in the department of Computer science in all engineering colleges but in some colleges which are not so fame in the society you may have chances.

For many of the engineering colleges, in order to give you the designation of Assistant Professor, you need to have a minimum qualification of Phd and most colleges prefers phd candidates who are having a bit of experience.

So I wish you to complete your phd.

All the best.
17th December 2010, 05:58 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

what is the basic difference between ME and M.tech???
3rd January 2011, 07:01 AM
Unregistered

ME and M.TECH both are same in terms of aicte view
4th January 2011, 05:11 AM
Unregistered

nO QUALIFICATION TO BECOME PRESIDENT OF INDIA OR PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA LIKE THAT NO QUALIFICATION TO TEACH FROM LKG TO ANY HIGHER DEGREE I INDIA

THIS IS BY THE MINISTRY OF HRD
4th January 2011, 06:44 PM
visualcpp

Hi,
to teach B.E/B.Tech students You need to have M.E/M.Tech
to teach M.E/M.Tech Students You need to have M.E/M.Tech with Ph.D

to teach MCA students (whether in engineering college or in an arts and science college) you neet MCA + M.Phil (and nowadays the revised UGC rule says that NET/Ph.D is must)

So, pl. understand the difference between teaching for engineering discipline and non engineering discipline. MCA is being taught at both Engineering colleges (but as a separate department and not considered as an engineering degree) as well as in Arts and Science Colleges.

From you MCA qualification it is possible to go for M.E/M.Tech and then u can think about teaching for Engineering disciplines (AICTE's rule says that only people with BE/Btech + ME/Mtech are eligible to teach for engineering discipline. But many colleges dont follow this rule. Infact many colleges still use BE/B.Tech graduates to teach for BE/B.Tech students).

I hope now u understood it clearly.
9th January 2011, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

no you are not elligible here all false information is given as per new AICTE RULES 2011-2012 only BE AND ME are elligible in engineering colleges . NOw new rules for year 2011 - 2012 has declared , so please forget all rumors of 2010

ALL INDIA COUNCIL FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION
APPROVAL PROCESS HANDBOOK
(2011 %u2013 2012)

Engineering / Technology
Assistant Professor

BE / B Tech and ME / M Tech in relevant subject with First Class or equivalent either in BE / B Tech or ME / M Tech
11th January 2011, 09:30 AM
Unregistered

Is the Lecturer in Computer Application recruted for Post Diploma in Computer Application in the Polytechnic system with MCA degree eligible to get CAS after 5years of joining ?
29th January 2011, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

hi i have an experience of 10 years of teching (in engineering college ) with MCA Ph.D (Computer Science) i want to know wheather i am eligible to teach b-tech or not (According to new AICTE Norms)
7th February 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

HI iam M.Sc.,M.E graduate , if M.Sc.,M.E or MCA.,M.E is not eligible to work in engineering colleges then why the AICTE has allowed the M.Sc and MCA graduates to study ME? Is there any legal solution for this problem? pls give solution.
8th February 2011, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Worst condition for us
17th February 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Is MCA M.Tech. Eligible for teaching to B.Tech. students....Plz rply.......
18th February 2011, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

HI if M.Sc.,M.E or MCA.,M.E is not eligible to work in engineering colleges then why the AICTE has allowed the M.Sc and MCA graduates to study ME? Is there any legal solution for this problem? pls give solution.
19th February 2011, 09:31 AM
G-rocks
Senior Member++

Hello Friend

Of course you are eligible for Assistant professor in any Engineering college as you have completed your MCA.But it would be better if you complete your Ph degree.

Best of Luck....
7th March 2011, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Sir, I am M.C.A II class and M.E(CSE ) I class , whether i am eligible for the post of Assistant professor in CSE /IT/MCA .Please give me the details regarding this.
[email protected]
23rd April 2011, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

MCA ME can teach MCA friends a case is pending in HC regard
2nd May 2011, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Hello,I completed MCA(anna university),M.tech(M.s.university).Am I eligible to work as a assistant professor in ENGINEERING COLLEGES.Pls kindly reply my mail ID:[email protected] reply urgently......i attended interviews for assistant professor post for many colleges.but they said im not eligible to do..I completed M.Tech from M.s.university.But now all engineering colleges are ANNA UNIVERSITY under control
.S
5th May 2011, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
Is MSc is eligible to work as assistant professor in ENGINEERING college. Is this cover under AICTC norms. kindly reply to me
16th May 2011, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

some persons are saying that only BE with ME is eligible according to the latest AICTE guidelines.
if anybody knows about that please send me to me that proof.... its relay help full for my life...
[email protected]
22nd May 2011, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Is MCA MPhil ME eligible to work in engineering college? Reply to my mailid [email protected]
31st May 2011, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Is M.tech need to clear ugc net for lectureship in panjab university
10th June 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Is M.sc(comp Sc.) & M.tech(CSE) eligible for lectureship in an engineering collegeas well as MCA colleges?
14th June 2011, 01:42 PM
visualcpp

Despite of many explanations again and again people ask the same question. I wonder whether they have read the entire thread properly or not. Let me frame the summary to cover (at the maximum extent) the entire questions asked in this Thread.

As per UGC and AICTE's regulations

1. To teach for Engineering courses (B.E/B.Tech) one must have M.Tech
2. To teach for M.E/M.Tech one must have M.Tech + Ph.D
3. To teach for B.Sc(CS)/B.C.A/B.Sc(IT) one must have MCA + M.Phil
4. To teach for MCA/M.Sc(CS)/M.Sc(IT) one must have MCA + M.Phil + Ph.D / MCA+Ph.D

Some universities (for example VIT, Vellore) follow same rules for both Computer Science and Engineering disciplines (i.e They need an M.Tech/M.E + PhD to teach for both M.E/M.Tech engineering courses as well as for MCA/M.Sc(CS/IT) courses. This vary from university to university.

In short to teach for engineering disciplines one need engineering degree.
To teah for arts and science disciplines (MCA/M.SC[IT/CS]), one need MCA + Ph.D

These are the rules in paper. But many private institutions dont follow these rules strictly. But they are subjected to change in future and one cannot rely on their present system/standards. If AICTE and UGC are very strictly start implementing their rules and regulations, then these institutions need to adopt them.
14th June 2011, 01:50 PM
visualcpp

Despite of many explanations again and again people ask the same question. I wonder whether they have read the entire thread properly or not. Let me frame the summary to cover (at the maximum extent) the entire questions asked in this Thread.

As per UGC and AICTE's regulations

1. To teach for Engineering courses (B.E/B.Tech) one must have M.Tech
2. To teach for M.E/M.Tech one must have M.Tech + Ph.D
3. To teach for B.Sc(CS)/B.C.A/B.Sc(IT) one must have MCA + M.Phil
4. To teach for MCA/M.Sc(CS)/M.Sc(IT) one must have MCA + M.Phil + Ph.D / MCA+Ph.D

Some universities (for example VIT, Vellore) follow same rules for both Computer Science and Engineering disciplines (i.e They need an M.Tech/M.E + PhD to teach for both M.E/M.Tech engineering courses as well as for MCA/M.Sc(CS/IT) courses. This vary from university to university.

In short to teach for engineering disciplines one need engineering degree.
To teah for arts and science disciplines (MCA/M.SC[IT/CS]), one need MCA + Ph.D

These are the rules in paper. But many private institutions dont follow these rules strictly. But they are subjected to change in future and one cannot rely on their present system/standards. If AICTE and UGC are very strictly start implementing their rules and regulations, then these institutions need to adopt them.

Case 1: I have an MCA degree and want to work in an engineering college. What should I do?
Ans: Most of the universities allow MCA people to study M.Tech/M.E either in part time or in full time mode. You can finish that course and can apply to teach in engineering colleges.

Case 2: I have an MCA and M.Phil. Should I do Ph.D to start teaching for Arts and Science courses (MCA/M.Sc[CS/IT])?
Ans: As per UGC rules, you are eligible to teach for UG level courses (BCA/B.Sc[CS/IT]). To teach for P.G level course u must either have Ph.D or have NET/SET cleared.

Case 3: I have and MCA. Should I first finish M.Phil before taking up Ph.D or can I straightly start doing Ph.D?
Ans: Yes. You can straightly start doing Ph.D

Case 4: Is NET/SET is excempted for M.Phil degree holders?
Ans: No.

Case 5: Is NET/SET is excempted for Ph.D degree holders?
Ans:
If the Ph.D has been obtained by undergoing July-2009 UGC revised rules and regulations, it is excempted. For all otaher Ph.D's which were obtained before this July-2009 UGC's revised rules and regulations for Ph.D must clear NET/SET.

I hope this explanation is enough and clear.
14th June 2011, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my BE(IT), got 1 year exp as a lecturer in computer science dept., and completing Msc(IT)(correspondence). Now to get permanent job as a assistant professor in any colleges related to engineering or BCA is my above qualification is valid or i need to complete ME compulsory. Please reply(If possible on my id [email protected])
14th June 2011, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

i am a B.tech(IT) ,M.E completed graduate.What would be the payscale as per the AICTE in self financing colleges and are thy paying as per the norms
12th July 2011, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

hi
i completed M.Sc computer science and M.Tech am i eligible for Lecturer job in Engineering college as per AICTE norms?
23rd July 2011, 02:33 PM
ME Degree
Junior Member+

After completing MCA, You can do ME (Computer Science & Engineering).

Eligibility Qualifications for admission to M.E. Computer Science and Engineering:

M.C.A. (10+2+3+3 years pattern) or
M.Sc. 5 years integrated (IT / CS / Software Engineering) or
B.E./ B.Tech. (EEE/ ECE/ Electronics/ IT/ CSE/ I&C/ E&I/Instrumentation)

NOTE

• M. Sc. (2 years) course is NOT eligible for admission to M.E.

• Candidates admitted through Lateral Entry in Degree Courses are NOT eligible except, B.E./B.Tech. degree.

• B.E./B.Tech. or M.C.A. degrees obtained through Distance Education Mode / Week end Courses are NOT eligible.
3rd August 2011, 10:04 AM
ME Degree
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is MCA ME eligible for Assistant professor in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering

MCA with ME (Computer Science and Engineering) Degree Holders

Which Degree Holders Gaining More Importance?

B.Sc. Computer Science (3 Yrs) + MCA (3 Yrs) + ME (2 Yrs) = 8 Yrs. (MCA with ME)

OR

BE Computer Science (4 Yrs) + ME (2Yrs) = 6 Yrs. (BE with ME)

Finally Confirmed:

MCA with ME Degree Holders Gaining More Importance Than BE with ME.
3rd August 2011, 10:22 PM
ME Degree
Junior Member+

MCA is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering)

MCA with B.Sc. (Computer Science) background is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering).

B.Sc. Computer Science (3 Yrs) + MCA (3 Yrs) = 6 Years.

BE Computer Science (4 Yrs) + ME (2Yrs) = 6 Years.

MCA and ME both are equal.

Companies are giving equal priority to both MCA and ME.

Master of Computer Applications MCA and Master of Engineering ME Degree holders are Equal to each other.

Both MCA and ME (Computer Science and Engineering) Professional Degree courses, the contents of theory and practical syllabus are Same.

MCA and ME Degree holders are Equal to each other.

I am looking forward to hearing all of your opinions!

Thanks and best regards to you all.
3rd August 2011, 10:23 PM
ME Degree
Junior Member+

MCA is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering)

MCA with B.Sc. (Computer Science) background is equivalent to ME (Computer Science and Engineering).

B.Sc. Computer Science (3 Yrs) + MCA (3 Yrs) = 6 Years.

BE Computer Science (4 Yrs) + ME (2Yrs) = 6 Years.

MCA and ME both are equal.

Companies are giving equal priority to both MCA and ME.

Master of Computer Applications MCA and Master of Engineering ME Degree holders are Equal to each other.

Both MCA and ME (Computer Science and Engineering) Professional Degree courses, the contents of theory and practical syllabus are Same.

MCA and ME Degree holders are Equal to each other.

I am looking forward to hearing all of your opinions!

Thanks and best regards to you all.
9th August 2011, 05:20 PM
Unregistered

hello sir
I completed my MCA degree in 2009 and completed M.Tech in 2011.I wanna do Ph.D.Weather .my Ph.D comes under Engineering Stream or humanities stream >>kindly reply sir...
16th August 2011, 01:06 AM
Sehwag6

Ya you are eligible . You write net or set exam
8th September 2011, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is MCA ME eligible for lecturer in an Engineering college in the department of Computer Science and Engineering

[QUOTE=Unregistered;198762]HI i am a MCA MTech graduate and i want to know am i eligible to work as a
some persons are saying that only BTech MTech is eligible accordint to the latest AICTE guidelines 2010.
I dont know what to do if somebody could able to help me i will be thankful for them ever please.............. please send a proof copy to my E.Mail: [email protected]
10th September 2011, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

SIR , MCA IS ELIGIBLE FOR DOING ME COMP SCIENCE ? KINDLY REPLY SIR !
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?