2nd August 2010, 02:10 PM
jason17jaggs

Am I eligible for CAT?

Good Afternoon Sir/Mam,

I am Jason Aranha, a Student from Mumbai. I recently gave my BMS - semester 6 graduation exams. i received my results and sadly i have an ATKT in one subject. I am very very confident that i will be able to clear it in the October KT examination for the same. I have secured 65 % overall in other subjects in the TYBMS examination held by the Mumbai University.

Q :- Taking into consideration that i will have appeared for the exam by October and would be awaiting a fresh mark sheet (result)...Am i gonna be eligible for CAT 2010 and/or CET 2011 ??

I am very interested in giving CAT examination this year..as i have put in a lot of efforts to prepare for the same. My aim is to secure a seat in JBIMS, Mumbai for an MBA.

Q :- If i am not eligible for CAT 2010 and/or CET 2011 could you please suggest a alternative way of securing admission into a post graduate course in marketing or logistics.

Q :- As i have been poor in academics though achieving 1st class marks in the SSC, HSC and Graduation would it be a hindrance in a good college admission in case i were to crack CAT ?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanking you for your patience and your help

Jason Aranha

2nd August 2010, 03:05 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for CAT?

YES, you can appear for your CAT exam once you clear your BMS. For cat exams only graduation with 50% marks is required as you have. But for clearing exams like CAT you need to really work very hard.
So keep it up you will surely get the college of your choice for MBA
2nd August 2010, 03:20 PM
vikas2808

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for CAT?

I am very interested in giving CAT examination this year..as i have put in a lot of efforts to prepare for the same. My aim is to secure a seat in JBIMS, Mumbai for an MBA.
ans ;you are eligible for the cat exam; but if you want the admissons in iim then you should posses their own criteria for admission in their college.......

they want that you have above 60% in througt your carrer'''''''''''
2nd August 2010, 05:23 PM
mayankkaushik02

Yes you are eligible for CAT Exam 2010-2011. For further detail use this link
http://www.indicareer.com/entrance-exams/IIM-CAT-eligibility...

Best Of Luck
2nd August 2010, 05:35 PM
ravi6

do not worry dear you are eligible for CAT exam. hard working BEST OF LUCK

REGARDS
ravi6
2nd August 2010, 07:55 PM
adityachandan

yes you'll be applicable for cat . if u got 65 % overall..........
and all the best
2nd August 2010, 08:33 PM
Rickers

Hello,

Yes you are eligible for CAT as you are in pre final year.The CAT score is valid for two year so if you appeared this year it would be valid till next year.

So prepare well for CAT. all the best.
2nd August 2010, 10:26 PM
Sathishkannan

Sure you are eligible for CAT(common aptitude test) but you have to work hard since your percentage is low try to increase your percentage and try to get knowledge about basic concepts.
2nd August 2010, 11:44 PM
Ravi Khera

Smile Re: Am I eligible for CAT?

Yes Dear,
you are eligible for CAT exam,any student who is pursuing final year or waiting for result can give the exam.

Thus you can write result awaited in your form.But you have to show your degree at the time of admission.

As per your admission concern,try for the best and you will get what you want,score very good marks and you will surely get admission in JBIMS, Mumbai.

May God bless you.
3rd August 2010, 01:09 AM
jason17jaggs

GUys...thanks for the immense words of help..........god bless!!that surely makes me feel a little lighter........Again just to clarify....i have given my B.M.S Graduation exam in may 2010 but have got a KT in one subject in the same examination....now the re-exam will be held in october and the result of which will be declared only in january.......so at the time of CAT 2010.....i will not be technically a graduate.......so you guys sure that i will still be allowed to give CAT 2010......
''No pain NO gain......i truly believe in it....i will put in a lot of efforts....but just wanted to know whether i qualify for CAT or no.....

Thanks Again

Cheers!
3rd August 2010, 02:33 AM
Rickers

Hello,

Yes, you are eligible for CAT from your pre final year of your graduation.
so don't worry just prepare and apply for it!
good luck.
3rd August 2010, 03:17 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

I am solving each question one by one:
1. Please ask or find out the date of your result, if it is likely to be come before the counselling of CAT examination, than it is ok. In other words , you have to clear in all respect by the of counselling.
2. If you would not be among the eligible one , then you should prefer management trainee , offered by various marketing , finance or share companies , they would initiate your MBA interest before MBA. And their work experience would count at the time of interview.
3. You need not to worry, you just check out whether you have secured 50% or more in your acedemic years. For CAT, you should get 50% in graduation in all respect. But for during MBA interview purposes, most of the companies would prefer 50/55/60% throughout your carrier.
3rd August 2010, 01:03 PM
rajanivedha

yes ofcourse you are eligible for CAT! 65% is the eligiblity so you can go for it
3rd August 2010, 02:04 PM
RachelAlex

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for CAT?

jason
do not consider CAT as an obstacle to your goal. and do not think that there is a short cut to get past it. you hav to work for it. nothing is impossible. there are minmum qualifications needed for it. and since you hav to pass subject ,go ahead and get a pass and if u have that goal that is so determined and if u work for it with that motivation , you will surely get a good score in CAT. best of luck
3rd August 2010, 05:25 PM
Bhakti mestry

first of all CAT is an all india entrance exam. you are definitely eligible for CAT. As you said , you are interested in JBIMS so this college looks for the marks of CET exam and not CAT. ant talking about CAT you willl have to study very hard for it, decide soon wat you want to opt for and please start your preparation as soon as possible. Wish you all the best.
3rd August 2010, 07:21 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

see if you are confident about yourself, then you can appear in the CAT exam.

as the criteria require to attain the CAT exam is

minimum qualification-Graduation with 50% aggegade..

all the best..........
3rd August 2010, 08:35 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

Ye are eligible for CAT. But you say your percentage is low. So it is very important for you put in extra efforts as a lot of people appear for this exam.
Your hard work should cover up up for your low marks.

Good Luck!
3rd August 2010, 08:55 PM
yashaswini t s

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason17jaggs View Post
Good Afternoon Sir/Mam,

I am Jason Aranha, a Student from Mumbai. I recently gave my BMS - semester 6 graduation exams. i received my results and sadly i have an ATKT in one subject. I am very very confident that i will be able to clear it in the October KT examination for the same. I have secured 65 % overall in other subjects in the TYBMS examination held by the Mumbai University.

Q :- Taking into consideration that i will have appeared for the exam by October and would be awaiting a fresh mark sheet (result)...Am i gonna be eligible for CAT 2010 and/or CET 2011 ??

Q :- If i am not eligible for CAT 2010 and/or CET 2011 could you please suggest a alternative way of securing admission into a post graduate course in marketing or logistics.

Q :- As i have been poor in academics though achieving 1st class marks in the SSC, HSC and Graduation would it be a hindrance in a good college admission in case i were to crack CAT ?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanking you for your patience and your help

Jason Aranha
yes your are eligible as you are secured 50% of marks, for more information regarding eligibility you can refer at www.complox.com/mba-eligibolity-criteria
4th August 2010, 01:18 AM
naffees

hai,
degree is the eligibility for CAT.
concentrate on your BMS,and complete it with good %
7th February 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

sir i have 2 subject reappear in btech and it is held on dec2011 i have eligible for cat
18th March 2011, 05:46 PM
Unregistered

if i fail to pass my tybsc in first attempt in march.but pass in oct.will i b eligible to give cat next year if my marks of march and oct exam are 5o %and above
20th April 2011, 03:53 PM
suraj2157

yes you are surely eligible for CAT.
so,give your best shot
all the best
22nd July 2011, 04:34 PM
ankit049
Member+

Am I eligible for CAT?

I am solving each question one by one:
1. Please ask or find out the date of your result, if it is likely to be come before the counselling of CAT examination, than it is ok. In other words , you have to clear in all respect by the of counselling.
2. If you would not be among the eligible one , then you should prefer management trainee , offered by various marketing , finance or share companies , they would initiate your MBA interest before MBA. And their work experience would count at the time of interview.
3. You need not to worry, you just check out whether you have secured 50% or more in your acedemic years. For CAT, you should get 50% in graduation in all respect. But for during MBA interview purposes, most of the companies would prefer 50/55/60% throughout your carrier.
25th July 2011, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

i completed my BE and i had got atkt in my 6th sem which i cleared..can i appear for gcet??
27th July 2011, 04:57 PM
0nitesh

when you can do B.com then you can eligible for CAT.
29th August 2011, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

i am studying b.tech 3rd year.am i eligible for cat exam in this prefinal year
11th November 2011, 11:49 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi.

Yeah sure you can be eligible to sit for the CAT exam once you clear the back paper.

The only eligibility for CAT is that, you have to be a graduate with minimum 50% marks in your graduation.

So you would be eligible.

and if you want to further pursue post graduation that also can be done. The criteria is almost the same.

All the best.

Regards
#RJ#
24th November 2011, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

how attempt provide to clear atkt from mumbai university commerce
16th October 2012, 12:43 AM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

Hello Friend,

Eligibility Criteria for CAT:

1. Candidate must be graduate in streams like B.Tech/BBA/B.E. etc. from recognized University.

2. This test is given by the students in order to get admission in the master course like MBA.

Thanks.............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?