31st May 2015, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in CAT if secured 46% in B.Com?

Hi Sir,
I have completed my B.Com with approximate 46% of marks in aggregate. So I just want to know that am I eligible for giving the CAT?
Waiting for your reply.
Thanks & regards
Ravi Khurana

31st May 2015, 09:35 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in CAT if secured 46% in B.Com?

No dear you are not eligible to apply for CAT Examination with 46% of marks in B.Com. Since only the candidates who have completed graduation with minimum 50% of marks from the recognized University.

But yes there is a Chance when you are belongs to SC/ST/PWD candidate about 5% of marks (i.e 45% of marks).

Final year candidates are eligible to apply for CAT Examination.For the details regarding the Eligibility criteria of CAT you need to have a look on the below information.

Eligibility to apply for CAT Examination :

* You must have completed 50% of marks for general and 45% for SC/ST candidates from the recognized university.

* There is No age limit required for CAT Examination.

If you want to apply for CAT you need to go to open a CAT official website. There you have to register first there by you will have a chance to apply Online.

Before that you must pay a fee of Rs.1600/- for Gen and OBC candidates and Rs.800 for SC/ST candidates.
31st May 2015, 10:05 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

CAT i.e Common Admission Test is conducted by Indian Institute of Management once in a year for admission to MBA course. The exam notification will be published in the month of September or October in the official website of IIM.

Eligibility Criteria:

You should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 50% marks for general candidate and 45% for reserved categories. Final year of degree course may also apply.

So being a general candidate, you are not eligible to apply for CAT examination. But, if you are belongs to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes / Physically Handicapped then you have the chance to apply for apply for CAT examination.
1st June 2015, 01:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
I have completed my B.Com with approximate 46% of marks in aggregate. So I just want to know that am I eligible for giving the CAT?
Waiting for your reply.
Thanks & regards
Ravi Khurana
You have completed B.Com degree with 46% marks so you are eligible for CAT exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.
1st June 2015, 09:57 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria required to appear in CAT Examination:

No, I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in Common Admission Test with 46% marks in Graduation. The minimum percentage required to be eligible for appearing in CAT Examination is "50% marks and above". The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for CAT Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since your percentage is less than what is required, you are not eligible to give CAT Entrance Examination.

Educational Qualification: Graduation in Any Discipline from a recognized university. Candidates who are pursuing their Final year of Graduation are also eligible to appear in CAT Examination. Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology, B.Sc, B.Com ..students are eligible.

Minimum Percentage Required: Minimum 50% marks or its aggregate or equivalent CGPA is allowed to be eligible for CAT Exam.

Age Criteria: There is no certain age is required to be eligible for Common Admission Test (CAT) Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?