3rd November 2012, 10:47 PM
Suresh Kolusu

Am i eligible to do IAS after completing 10th and degree

cvgk mkm

Related Questions:
  1. Am i eligible to do IAS after completing 10th and degree
  2. Am I eligible for IAS(UPSC) exam after completing diploma in computer science after 10th
  3. Am I eligible to apply for degree course in Law, Humanities, Psychology, Literature, ICWA or IAS preparation after completing 10th based Diploma in Engineering?
  4. Am I eligible for degree course in Law, Humanities or Commerce, ICWA and IAS if pursuing Politechnic diploma after 10th from Singapore?
  5. After 10th could I do bachelor degree?
  6. How to become an IAS officer after completing BMS degree? From where to get the forms? Details about IAS exam?
  7. What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Am I eligible to attend the IAS exam after completing 3 years diploma engineering? Can I apply for IAS exam?
  9. Diploma in architecture after passing 10th with 55%?
  10. Can I join directly in any degree form open university after completing 10th and failing in my PUC 2nd year/12th board exam
  11. Can I be eligible to apply for IAS or IPS after completing degree in distance education
  12. Am I eligible to get a seat in IIMB after completing BSC with 75% in 10th, 12th?
  13. Can we do IAS after completing BSc and MSc
  14. What are my prospects of joining any degree course as i left my studies after 10th many years back?
  15. Can I be eligible for any bank examination after completing 10th?
  16. Am I eligible for Government jobs if I have completed my degree via distance education? -- [New]
  17. Which Institute and Degree is best for an IAS Aspirants? I've Passed 10 with first class.
  18. What can I do to do IAS after completing BSc, MSc

4th November 2012, 07:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible to do IAS after completing 10th and degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suresh Kolusu View Post
Dear,
Sir/Madam.

I completed my 10th & Degree & I dent down my +2 education. But now i'm interested to do I.A.S. Am I eligible for I.A.S or not. If not what I need to do, to eligible for I.A.S.

***What is required height for I.P.S?

I request to send the replay to my mail ID ([email protected]) if possible.

Thanking You,

Regards,
Suresh Kolusu.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC through Civil Service Exam so if you want to go for IAS exam , then you can attend in UPSC Civil Service Exam .

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.Not require any percentage marks in graduation degree .

So if you have completed Graduation degree or final year of your graduation degree then you are applicable for IAS Exam otherwise not.

But your age should be in between 21 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

Physical qualification for IPS:

Height:
The male candidate should be 165 cm and female candidate should be 150 cm for general category candidates.
For SC/ST/OBC the height required is 160 cm for male and 145 cm for female.

Chest:
Minimum requirement in the case of male candidates is 84 cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5 cm. In the case of female candidates the minimum requirement is 79cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5 cm.

Eye sight: 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. Near vision for worse eye is J2 and for good eye is J1.

5th November 2012, 01:56 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am i eligible to do IAS after completing 10th and degree

Quote:
Dear,
Sir/Madam.

I completed my 10th & Degree & I dent down my +2 education. But now i'm interested to do I.A.S. Am I eligible for I.A.S or not. If not what I need to do, to eligible for I.A.S.

Thanking You,

Regards,
Suresh Kolusu.
Eligibility Criterion For IAS Exam

A candidate can appear for the Civil Services Exam (through which the candidates for the IAS are recruited) by satisfying the following minimum eligibility criterion :-

>> The candidate must have completed his graduation in any stream from a recognized University..

>> A candidate should be within the age limit of 21-30 years..21-33 years and 21-35 years for OBC and SC/ST respectively..

>> The maximum number of attempts for the general candidates is 4, for OBC its 7 and SC/ST candidates can give the exam till their age permits..

First, you need to complete your graduation in order to appear for the exam..

Exam Pattern :-

Stage - 1 :- Prelims or CSAT will test you on the basis of 2 objective papers which will test your aptitude and general awareness skills..

Stage - 2 :- Mains will test you on the basis of 9 subjective papers including your graduation subjects as well as English and Essay Writing..

Stage - 3 :- Personal Interview

I have attached the paper pattern and marks wise distribution to each paper which will help you in your preparations..

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for any more details on the exam..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: txt IAS Exam Paper Pattern.txt(552 Bytes, 89 views)

20th December 2012, 05:35 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria for IAS is one must be graduate in any feild let it be BA.
The graduation degree is must.

20th December 2012, 09:44 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility of IAS, Civil Service Exam:-

-The candidate must be an Indian National
-Should have either appeared for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

So you are eligible for IAS, Civil Service Exam after completion of Graduation.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

21st December 2012, 03:09 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am i eligible to do IAS after completing 10th and degree

Quote:
Dear,
Sir/Madam.

Thanking You,

Regards,
Suresh Kolusu.

hi friend,

sorry,you are not eligible IAS exam after 10th class...............

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service conducted by UPSC Every Year

ELIGIBILITY for IAS:

completed graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.

Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.

OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.

SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

all the best...........

25th February 2013, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Dear,
Sir/Madam.

I completed my 10th & Degree & I 'm did not do my 2 education. But now i'm interested to do I.A.S. Am I eligible for I.A.S or not. If not what I need to do, to eligible for I.A.S

I request to send the replay to my mail ID ([email protected])

Thanking You,
deepa lakshmi.

2nd February 2014, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

After 10th,i didnt did 2,i am open degree student can i eljeble for ias

5th September 2014, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to do ias as once during my graduation i failed but i have compleated my graduation

28th October 2014, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

After completing PUC IN Delhi board open university and degree from sunrise university alwar can I apply for UPSC pls pls give me details
Bharat

20th May 2018, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS with the qualification of 10th three year diploma BA(DISTANCE)?

10th November 2019, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Hi,I did 10th and graduate the degree now I am eligible for IAS exam?

27th November 2019, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

I completed my 10th in ANDHRAPRADESH OPEN SCHOOL SOCIETY completed degree also in open university Am i eligible to UPSC for IAS

3rd June 2020, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir/madam, I had completed my 10th & degree and I had not studied inter. Am I eligible for IPS.

I request you to send reply to my email given below.
([email protected])

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
Ch. Ravi kiran.

5th June 2020, 11:40 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 10th not 2(11,12)study but i have done my degree course in chemical engineering so i am eligible for (IAS) upsc exam.

1st August 2020, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Dear,
Sir/Madam.

I am completed my 10th & Degree & I dent down my 2 education. But now i'm interested to do I.A.S. Am I eligible for I.A.S or not. If not what I need to do, to eligible for I.A.S.

I request you to send reply to my email given below.
([email protected])

Thanking you

3rd July 2021, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

I%u2019m not completed my 10th class but I%u2019m completed my degree in distance education is it possible to apply upsc

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?