19th July 2016, 07:35 PM
Sukhwindersaroya

Am I eligible to do MCA being a PGDCA holder but completed 12th and B.A. without Maths and Computer Application?

Hi,
I have done 12th in Arts stream without Maths. Then, I have done B.A. without Maths and Computer Application. But I have done PGDCA. Now I want to do MCA. Please let me know that I am eligible to do MCA or not? Please reply as soon as possible.

20th July 2016, 02:31 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MCA being a PGDCA holder but completed 12th and B.A. without Maths and Computer Application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhwindersaroya View Post
Hi,
I have done 12th in Arts stream without Maths. Then, I have done B.A. without Maths and Computer Application. But I have done PGDCA. Now I want to do MCA. Please let me know that I am eligible to do MCA or not? Please reply as soon as possible.
For MCA students with a bachelor's degree in any discipline can apply. But in addition to that one needs to have mathematics as a compulsory subject at 10+2 level, which unfortunately you dont have. So unfortunately you are not eligible to pursue this course.

MCA stands for Master's of Computer Application. Duration of this course is of three years. There is no all India level MCA entrance exam yet but many universities these days offers this course and most of them prefers to conduct an entrance exam before publishing the final merit list.

MCA Eligibility Criteria:-
  • You need to be a graduate with minimum 60% of marks at UG level to pursue this course.
  • Even final year students about to sit for the final exam or awaiting the result of their final exam can also sit for this exam.
  • The most important criteria by the way is to have mathematics at 10+2 level or at UG level.
  • No age criteria is applicable.
20th July 2016, 07:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MCA being a PGDCA holder but completed 12th and B.A. without Maths and Computer Application?

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. The eligibility criteria for MCA is as below:

>> Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline like science, engineering, computer applications etc. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for MCA entrance exams.

>>One important criteria for MCA entrance exam is that candidate must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level.

If you have not studied Mathematics at 10+2 level, then you are not eligible for MCA course.
20th July 2016, 08:30 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhwindersaroya View Post
Hi,
No, PGDCA holder candidates are not eligible for MCA course.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks, then you are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.
20th July 2016, 09:48 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. It is a three-year undergraduate degree course in the field of Computer Applications. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to study MCA course.

To get admission in MCA course, you should have Bachelor's degree course and 12th standard with Mathematics subject or at Bachelor's degree level. Without studying Mathematics at 12th standard level or at Bachelor's degree level, you can't get admission to study MCA course.
15th October 2020, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir, I am ba 1st sem student.I have done 12th arts in maths.I want to do mca .please let me know that I am eligible to do mca or not?please reply me sir,as soon as possible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?