8th February 2011, 09:07 PM
deepak12gosh

Am I eligible to do MCA from JNU after doing BSc IT with 65% in 12th and Arts stream without Maths?

hello sir,

i m deepak, i have done bsc-it from MDU With 65% but XIIth i have done with Art Stream without Math so plz tell Am i eligible for MCA from JNU..?

Plz reply i m waiting

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear in JNU MCA entrance exam if scored 45 marks in 12th Maths?
  2. Am I eligible to appear for JNU and IIT entrance exam for MCA after scoring 59.8% in 12th
  3. Eligibility criteria for JNU MCA entrance examination?
  4. Eligibility for JNU entrance exam for MCA admission after B.Com.?
  5. JNU MCA eligibility based on percentage in 10th, 12th and Graduation (BCA) -- [Most Discussed]
  6. 12th Arts without Maths : Am I eligible to do MCA after completing my BCA?
  7. Am I eligible to do MCA being a PGDCA holder but completed 12th and B.A. without Maths and Computer Application? -- [New]
  8. Am I eligible for MCA at JNU after scoring 69.1% in MP board with PCB stream?
  9. MCA from JUN after B.Sc (IT) from MDU and 12th standard from CBSE board with arts without Maths?
  10. Am I eligible to take admission in MCA at JNU? Coaching institutes and previous year papers?
  11. Can I be eligible for JNU MCA entrance after scoring 48% marks in maths and 63% in 12th exam
  12. Eligibility for JNU MCA entrance exam after scoring 50% marks in 10th and 53% in 12th arts?
  13. Should I go for MBA or MCA after securing 67% in 12th Arts with Maths?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for MCA in JNU after completing BSc(IT)
  15. Am I eligible to do MCA in JNU after completing BSc IT LE from PTU?
  16. Am I eligible to apply for MCA in JNU after scoring 70% in 12th and 41% in B.A
  17. Eligibility for MCA from JNU after B.Sc (IT) distance learning with 72% marks without Maths as a subject? Other colleges with eligibility for MCA?
  18. Am I eligible for MCA through JNU university? I have done BSc IT
9th February 2011, 07:18 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MCA from JNU after doing BSc IT with 65% in 12th and Arts stream without Maths?

For pursuing the MCA course it a must that the candidate should have pursued Maths as a subject during 12th standard. Since you pursued arts during the 12th standard you are not eligible for the MCA course. You have the option to pursue MSc course. Thereafter you will be eligible to pursue M.Tech course. M.Sc is considered equivalent to a B.Tech qualification for pursuing a M.Tech course.
9th February 2011, 09:31 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do MCA from JNU after doing BSc IT with 65% in 12th and Arts stream without Maths?

Hello Deepak,

The eligibility to do MCA from JNU is like: the candidate should have bachelor's degree in any discipline with adequate competence in Mathematics with at least 55% marks.

You must have good knowledge on intermediate maths which you did not have in 10(+2).

So there may be problems regarding your career with MCA ,because maths plays a vital role in studying MCA.
10th February 2011, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

i have a mock test paper of JNU in which it is written that eligiblity to do MCA from JNU is 55% agreegrat and mathmatics at 2 or Graduation level, not only in that but also there are some websites on internet which are showing this eligiblity....?

if i get success to select in MCA enterance then will JNU managment addmit me For MCA ? as per i did not have math in 2 but i had in BSC-IT
10th February 2011, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

please ans
10th February 2011, 05:29 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

Hi,
You are not eligible to apply for MCA course at JNU.
Because To study MCA, you must have maths as a main subject in 10(+2).
In MCA course, basic concept of maths is very necessary.
As you have done your 12th with arts stream, i guess you have no concept of elementary secondary maths.

So you cannot apply for MCA in JNU. Try to do M.Sc(IT) from a good university.
That will be a better option for you.
12th February 2011, 09:32 PM
Unregistered

SIR I AM MANASH, DOING BCA...I HAVE PASSED 12TH IN SCIENCE STREAM WITHOUT MATH. AM I ELIGIBLE TO MCA IN IIT RURKEE?
5th June 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Dear...
I am pursuing BCA with distance learning,I want to do MCA with JNU.So Please tell me that I am eligible or not for take admission in JNU.I am also doing Politecnic diploma.Please help me what I do.I am not to done 10 2 in maths.

Thanks & Regards
Shailesh Thakur.
[email protected]
25th July 2011, 01:31 AM
Unregistered

hi,
m doin my bca from tmu university.
i want to do mca from jnu but i don't have maths in 12th, but in bca i have maths.Am i eligible for JNU mca entrance exam?
17th August 2011, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

i have no maths in 12th ,but i have done again intermediate with math as a one paper.can i give entrance for mca in jnu
13th January 2012, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

hi,
i m doing BSc IT from niit.
i want to do MCA but i dont have maths in 12th, i have done ISC with biology nd i have computer science too in 10 2.
am i eligible to do MCA?
30th January 2012, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

sir, i m doing BCA from dehradun ....and i want do MCA ....plz tel me how many years MCA after BCA in tmu .....rply i m waiting..
23rd February 2012, 08:38 PM
jdeepdey

Sorry to inform you..But you need to have maths as one of the subject in 10+2 or in under graduate level
14th March 2012, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible to do MCA from JNU after doing BCA with 65% and in 12th with 54% with math,10th with 44% with math?please help me...
18th June 2012, 02:49 AM
Unregistered

i complete 2 with commerce stream after that i complete Bsc (it) from NIIT Patna .
can i eligible for MCA .......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?